PDA

View Full Version : Nice morning out

kimdl93
06-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Today is one of those rare days when I'm home during the week. I took advantage this am to run some errands, fully en femme of course. First stop was the vet to buy some pet food. I know the staff there quite well and I was greeted with a very warm, "it's good to see you!". Then on to make a deposit at the bank and a final stop at Starbucks, one I visit frequently. Both the barista at the register and the one who made my latte also greeted me and commented that it had been a long time. It has, too much out of town work lately!

For the record I was wearing a loose knit beige top, a light weight denim skirt and casual brown sandals.

paulaprimo
06-19-2014, 11:16 AM
hi kim, it's always nice to get out... sounds like you had a great time and good for you. :)
am i correct in guessing that the people you met, already knew that you dress?

stephNE
06-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Hi Kim, Very nice trip out!

hope springs
06-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Hey kim. Sounds like a good time. What i noticed was your wrote your story as if it was a tax report. Just the facts. How did the casual greetings of the employees make you feel? Did you get a nice smile from a GG? were you at all self conscious about your feminine walk? Or did you even try to present fully female? Was it fulfilling to be out en femme or was it just another errand day? Did you feel the urge to engage with anyone other than the employees? Did you feel hurried fearing being clocked or does that not even cross your mind? Im very interested in your internal monologue since it may provide insight for us all.
Thanks sweety. Not nitpicking just genuinely curious

kimdl93
06-19-2014, 12:25 PM
hi kim, it's always nice to get out... sounds like you had a great time and good for you. :)
am i correct in guessing that the people you met, already knew that you dress?
Yep, everyone I encountered today has known for quite a while now....a coupe of years I suppose.

Re: brevity. That is how I write. Just the facts, mam. I of course used the errands as an excuse to get out. No, I didn't feel particularly rushed. I'm always conscious about my presentation in attire, movement and voice, but I'm way past having to think about my physical mannerisms, which by now come second nature to me. Being clocked didn't cross my mind, largely because I expect it. I felt no urge or need to engage anyone. Of course I made eye contact with other customers, but didn't notice much reaction beyond common courtesy.

My internal monologue...rather boring. I think it went along the homer simpsonish lines of ...mmmmmm, caramel macchiato latte....

Jaylyn
06-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a fun morning...

Hermana
06-19-2014, 12:58 PM
That is a story of sweet acceptance - or should that be - a sweet story of acceptance. When I got over my nervousness at stepping out in a nice visible bra under a sheer top or tight white top, I noticed that people are friendly who deal with you and who have gotten to know you. The passersby for their part simply do not notice anybody whose demeanour lets them blend in with the crowd. The acquired self-confidence does that.

I loved when I came out at work with the help of the only woman in the workforce. She seemed to like the idea of another bra-wearer at work (I present with man-clothing below the waist, female with a bust, above waist), and we got into the habit during our warm New Zealand summers, of lunching together at nearby cafes and restaurants. Although neither said a word about it, I noticed after a while that we would both wear our brightest coloured, sexiest looking bras under thin white tops. I think we were having friendly competitions as to who could look the prettiest. We would sit at outside tables wearing our cool shades, watching the passersby watching us, and that bright Kiwi sun would show off our bras so beautifully.

We did that for years. She became a really close friend, like we were both female and we shared secrets with each other that we told no-one else. We did dinners sometimes, and a few times we went lingerie shopping together and that too is so sweet, having someone who appreciates similar underwear to your own choices. But unfortunately the vicissitudes of time meant we went our separate ways on our paths through life.

There are not a lot of negatives when you can step out with confidence, wearing what you love, knowing you look good with it.

Katey888
06-20-2014, 03:47 AM
For some reason I'm reminded of that old, music hall joke that begins "It's nice out today..." - but not for this part of the forum... ;)

Kim - what a normal morning! :)

And it must be nice to get out on a weekday when the pace of life, presumably, is just a little different to weekends...? I know it is around here... nothing more relaxing that a decent coffee (some might debate about Starbucks, but I'm a customer...) and some people watching... I do it whenever I can and I'm still trying to spot my first CDer! Patience, girl...

Katey x

Beverley Sims
06-20-2014, 07:02 AM
Good for you Kim, I have had similar experiences from some of my haunts after a long hiatus.

It is not that I don't get out often enough, it's just that I cant visit every body all the time.

BLUE ORCHID
06-20-2014, 07:09 AM
Hi Kim, It really sounds like you are living the dream.

Marcelle
06-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Hi Kim. Sounds like a perfectly nice day out and about. Glad you got some Kim time. :)

Hugs

Isha

michelleddg
06-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Just a lovely day in the neighborhood :-) Hugs, Michelle

PretzelGirl
06-20-2014, 08:57 AM
Isn't it great when just running around as you becomes just doing the chores?