PDA

View Full Version : I sense a pattern.......

Jamie14
06-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Unhappy with day to day life as it is mundane and uninspiring, and opportunities to dress are so limited. Happy when dressed, or even just when shopping opportunities present themselves. Euphoric when opportunity arises to go out dressed (Not a frequent thing unfortunately) Envious of those who get out frequently and are more passable. Depressed when time to change back. Grumpy and resentful sometimes re: double standard life offers up. And then back to the beginning.......

Not in a position to do anything about it. Job, family, etc. Not much support/group activities here in North Florida. Afraid life is passing me by in this state of agonizing flux.

Sorry for the pity party. Just needed to complain to someone who can relate. At least I got a cute new pair of heels today :)

Rachael Leigh
06-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Jamie yes this is a very frustrating part of ourselves. I've been trying to work thru a lot of things lately myself.
Would love to discuss them but just not on this forum.
So I understand you

Krystalina
06-19-2014, 11:56 PM
I...think I feel the same way...but I don't want to assume how exactly. It's multi-layered for me...I love my simple life as a writer with my day job, I'm extremely blessed. But the frustration comes from not being able to dress freely as I want to. I mean when I'm at home, its a different story, man...I'm usually me, painted toes and all. But I'm not a social person BECAUSE I can't dress freely outside. I would love to attend events, go to clubs, go to the movies...dine out...dressed. Hell, wish I can get weave so I could have long hair all of the time!

Been searching for SOMEWHERE in Memphis where I could be myself and maybe even meet a girl. Bought some heels for my big ol feet, but nowhere to wear them...

Beverley Sims
06-20-2014, 04:25 AM
This is a common pattern that emerges from time to time, work on it and it will pass.

Kate Simmons
06-20-2014, 05:05 AM
I know what you mean Hon but it can't always be exciting. Living the mundane is part of learning endurance in this life it seems.:)

Teresa
06-20-2014, 05:16 AM
Jamie,
When a made a Cding comment to my wife the other day she said ," That's all you think about !" My reply was, " It's all I try not to think about ! "
You know the feeling inside and you know how to deal with it and it's so frustrating when you can't !!

BLUE ORCHID
06-20-2014, 06:57 AM
Hi Jamie, This program can be a tough cross to bear sometimes.

Katey888
06-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Jamie, dear...

As nice as I can be... you have your family, your job, your health - and you have a life.... :)

Mundane it might be, but you do have some opportunities to something about it (more new heels...?:))... so do what you can, and enjoy what you can, while you can...

Things could be worse...

Katey x

Princess Grandpa
06-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Hug

I understand completely. Sometimes it's important to vent. I hope you get some time real soon!

Hug
Rita

Jamie14
06-20-2014, 09:54 PM
I appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to vent. I wish I was a glass half-full person. I never was unfortunately, and this recent surge (last 5 yrs) in getting out there and trying to do more with it is frustrating. I do have a lot of positives though

On a different random note, I went to a new salon and enjoyed a manicure while dressed. Unfortunately, I ended up in Dressbarn afterwards where I was "read" by a teenage girl who told her mom in the dressing room. She yelled out: "That is so wrong. He's sick"
Decided to go walk along the boardwalk on the river instead of dealing with her :)

Thanks, Jamie