PDA

View Full Version : How awesome is this....

Carroll
06-20-2014, 09:30 AM
First some background. When I first met my wife, on the first date, I told her I was a crossdresser and she was ok with it. Over the years we have managed to have two kids, along with the one I already had. We have let the kids know I dress at an early age. I don't' really dress in front of them, usually dressing while they are in school. This brings us up to a few recent events. For a month, my oldest son (24) and his wife stayed in a tent in the back yard (They were homeless...long story). I was not going to stop my dressing because they were in the back yard. The few times the kids came in the house while I was dressed, they never addressed me as Dad, always as Carroll. Now fast forward to yesterday. My teenage son was home all day because the NYS regents are in session and he had no test that day. I asked him if he minded that I got dressed for a while and he said no. Now he hides in him room a lot playing on the computer. I had been dressed for over an hour when he finally came out of his hole. He looks at me and says "Hi Carroll, when did you get here?" Now I ask you, how awesome is that!?

Tina G
06-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Very awesome indeed. Glad things have gone so pleasantly for you.

Hermana
06-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Beautiful, simply beautiful...

Love

Lizzy66
06-20-2014, 11:55 AM
Very awesome. I am so happy for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6lHm-stXdM

AllieSF
06-20-2014, 01:28 PM
I like what Hermana said. It really is beautiful and natural, as a family should be.

Robyne Rocks
06-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Fantastic! Kids are awesome unless they're trained otherwise. Ours are good with my husband's dressing, too, & it warms my heart. :-)

carhill2mn
06-20-2014, 01:53 PM
You are indeed fortunate to have such an understanding and accepting family.

Beverley Sims
06-21-2014, 06:34 AM
It is a way of accepting you without you being called dad.

He is still someone else.

BLUE ORCHID
06-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Hi Carroll, It sounds like they were raised to respect others.

Teresa
06-21-2014, 06:40 AM
Carroll that's a lovely accepting story, have you had to explain why to him ?
The other side of the coin is be there for him when he needs dad, which he always will. ( Speaking from experience !)

Ginger Jameson
06-21-2014, 12:02 PM
That's incredibly awesome! Not just for you but for them too. It just goes to show that kids aren't weighted down by prejudice unless we instill it them them. Studies have shown that openness increases long term happiness and your ability to be honest with them has helped them grow into more open souls. Kudos!

My kids and granddaughter know, but I've only been fully dressed in front of the granddaughter (3). She likes my pretty dresses but sometimes stares in confusion at my chest even though she's seen my breast forms off of me. My other two kids have seen me in girly clothes, but no breasts yet. Some day I'll have the, ummm... balls(?) to wear my girls when they're around. :)

Jenny Miller
06-21-2014, 12:55 PM
That's wonderful that your family is so accepting. I wish you all the best.

Miss Kitty
06-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Your family is cool :)

Carroll
06-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Thank you all. It's hard to explain to the kids why I dress when I dont really know!

susmitha
06-21-2014, 09:15 PM
It is awesome. But when you are dressed, let the kids have two mummies and let them call you mummy.