PDA

View Full Version : That Euphoric Feeling

Nadine Spirit
06-20-2014, 09:34 AM
I was just reading the ask a GG thread, and was struck by the conversation surrounding feeling feminine. Tinkerbell said something about how a woman who was trapped on a desert island still would not feel the euphoric feeling by getting dressed up. While I agree with that thought, I think something else is happening that the deserted island woman analogy is misplaced.

From my own personal experience, the euphoria that I once felt, I think came about by me finally allowing myself to experience something that I had admired from afar. So with the deserted island woman, she isn't staring at something each and every day that she wants but can't have. But with the cross dresser they are. They see what they want, for whatever reason, but then are told, or they themselves know, they can not or should not have it. Day after day this goes on, constantly staring at something they can't have and then one day they do it. It can feel a bit freeing, or euphoric to finally access it.

I suppose if we were to look at the deserted island analogy, it would be comparable to the woman finally getting rescued. I think after longing after rescue after day upon day of dreaming of it, she would probably feel a bit euphoric.

Thus it was for me, that when I finally allowed myself to dress, it felt euphoric. Now that I have been doing it for as long as I have, that feeling is long gone, but it has been replaced with other feelings, like contentment, happiness, understanding, etc.

Just my 2 cents on these thoughts.

Have a happy day people. Oh and thanks Tinkerbell, you always make me think. :)

DonnaT
06-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Could be how I felt, though unknowingly at the time.

I first experienced the desire to dress as a girl when I was 6; and I put this in the back of my mind for several years.

When I then got the idea to dress in some clothes I found one day, it felt good, and it felt right. Could have been euphoria as well.

Kate Simmons
06-20-2014, 10:31 AM
I think you are right on the money Nadine. Because when we accept our feelings and make them our own, it frees us up to become the person we really want to be. Managing the feelings rather than letting them manage us is the real liberation.:battingeyelashes::)

Jenniferathome
06-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Well stated! Perfect analogy. Fits me exactly.

Debra Russell
06-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Well stated! Perfect analogy. Fits me exactly.

yes me too ........................Debra

Hell on Heels
06-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Hell-o Nadine, A great analogy!
I imagine that if Tinkerbell were actually stranded on a deserted island long enough, she would feel a little bit differently about this.
I watch the TV show Survivor. They give the contestants rewards throughout the show, occasionally the reward will be a warm shower, and clean clothes. The people receiving this reward look like they are in heaven. I know its TV, and edited, but I feel the emotions they express aren't being faked. They are only stranded for a total of 39 days. Imagine not having access to your dress clothes for years.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Amy Fakley
06-20-2014, 11:48 AM
oh yes! for me, that's it exactly.

When there have been times in my life where I can dress every single day for months on end, the euphoria tends to fade. It's still feels wonderful, and it's definitely a thing I still want to do, but the over the top "flying on the wings of pink angels" type stuff definitely fades.

I think that euphoric aspect is definitely linked to the "chocolate cake I can look at but cannot eat" kind of a thing.

AllieSF
06-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Another "Good job", from me, Nadine. In my case I started late, so I looked, experimented and then acted to go out long before any of that lost craving ever had a chance to start. Though I now occasionally get a similar feeling when I look at myself now and wonder what it would have been like for me in the looks, skin and body shape side of things if I had started much earlier in my life.

carhill2mn
06-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Hi Nadine,

I, too, think that your post applies to many of us. I am now able to spend about 90% of my time en femme. Although I no longer get that euphoric feeling that I did in my
earlier stages of CDing, I still get a very "good" feeling when I am en femme. I prefer to be en femme whenever I can be.

AKADonna
06-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Like Carole, what was once "Euphoria" has now settled in to contentment, peace, calm,and sexy! I just love feeling feminine and I never want it to stop!

Alice_2014_B
06-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Very good thoughts and points.

Beverley Sims
06-21-2014, 06:28 AM
My tilt on this is euphoria comes from new and exciting experiences.

When new and exciting wears off so does euphoria.

There is a bit if been there done that, or do you call it deja vu?

BLUE ORCHID
06-21-2014, 06:52 AM
Hi Nadine, I don't know what you call it but when I get all dressed and put on my wig and look in the mirror I still get that feeling.