PDA

View Full Version : A Dear Abby Letter

Sometimes Steffi
06-20-2014, 09:08 PM
“My husband, ‘Vinny’ … joined a band.

I hate all the time Vinny devotes to the band. I try not to complain because I know how much he enjoys it, but I'm miserable. They practice in our basement on Mondays and Wednesdays, and every Friday and Saturday night is spent performing.”

Maybe she should have married a crossdresser!

Beverley Sims
06-21-2014, 06:19 AM
Try adopting a complimentary interest as a past time?

BLUE ORCHID
06-21-2014, 06:56 AM
Hi Steffi, Good old Dear Abby, That was some of the first news that I was not the only Cross Dresser in the world.

AKADonna
06-21-2014, 07:53 AM
Sounds like an opportunity exists for both Vinnie and you to realize your full potential - his in music and yours in CDing! Go girl!

Wildaboutheels
06-21-2014, 10:10 AM
I read both Dear Abby and Ann Landers for years. I am pretty sure they were sisters. It was not unusual for either of them to post letters from GGs about their hubbies who liked to CD with all the usual Qs. "Is he _____________________________________...." Saved one of the clippings as a matter of fact. Even back all those years ago, before the net/when it was still young, these ladies had a very good grip on WHAT MAKES MEN TICK and would invariably say it's likely harmless and the women need not worry. Of course back in those days, if a guy had a job and wasn't "butt ugly" it was relatively easy to be involved with/have a Relationship with a FEmale. Times have changed a great deal since then and women have become much more selective in getting "involved" with a guy primarily due to their ever escalating education level/ever increasing/ever rising income. There are many here who whine about this but Time had a big article on this less than a year ago.

Because women CAN be and now ARE more selective in forming Relationships [at least here in the US] CDing will continue to increase. It DOES serve as somewhat of a replacement for FEmale companionship for "many" CDers. ALL those "other" sites are not being utilized by women I am guessing.

The band analogy? Most bands practice so they can eventually "get out" and play to the public.

Stephanie47
06-21-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm not a technical person, so I'll leave it to another to provide the link. I read the column. The analogy really is not there. You did not include the part of the column where Vinny's brother after a divorce is camping out in their home disturbing their privacy. Dear Abby suggested brother be shown the door. As to the band. Yes, Abby suggested she give hubby some slack since the band is good enough to get weekend gigs. Also, wife knows the husband's whereabouts- in the basement rather than running about to unknown places.

I wonder what Abby's response would have been if hubby was spending all his free time in the basement practicing and ignoring her?

Lorileah
06-21-2014, 11:38 AM
I don't think she meant the whole letter was pertinent, it was analogy posted here for consideration. Why do people take things so serious?

Jenniferathome
06-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Maybe they're just not very good;-)

Sometimes Steffi
06-21-2014, 09:17 PM
I'm not a technical person, so I'll leave it to another to provide the link. I read the column. The analogy really is not there. You did not include the part of the column where Vinny's brother after a divorce is camping out in their home disturbing their privacy. Dear Abby suggested brother be shown the door. As to the band. Yes, Abby suggested she give hubby some slack since the band is good enough to get weekend gigs. Also, wife knows the husband's whereabouts- in the basement rather than running about to unknown places.

I wonder what Abby's response would have been if hubby was spending all his free time in the basement practicing and ignoring her?

Here's the link

http://news.yahoo.com/wife-wearies-sharing-house-mans-band-brother-050007257.html

I don't think she meant the whole letter was pertinent, it was analogy posted here for consideration. Why do people take things so serious?

Correct. I didn't think the brother's part was relevant.

Here's what I thought was relevant.

Recast the original story:

“My husband, ‘Vinny’ … joined a band.

I hate all the time Vinny devotes to the band. I try not to complain because I know how much he enjoys it, but I'm miserable. They practice in our basement on Mondays and Wednesdays, and every Friday and Saturday night is spent performing.”

in CD terms.

“My husband, ‘Vinny’ … is a crossdresser.

I hate all the time Vinny devotes to crossdressing. I try not to complain because I know how much he enjoys it, but I'm miserable. He and his CD friends play dress up in our basement on Mondays and Wednesdays, and every Friday and Saturday night they get dressed up [as women] and go out on the town.”

Leelou
06-21-2014, 11:09 PM
Hi Steffi, Good old Dear Abby, That was some of the first news that I was not the only Cross Dresser in the world.

That's funny, because that's what I thought this thread was about. I also enjoyed reading Dear Abby letters about CD's. My favorite was from a woman who discovered her BF was a CD'er when they were in bed and he went to the bathroom and she saw his panties on the floor with his clothes. Her response was the standard "he's probably not gay, talk about it, get counseling if you want, etc." But she totally missed the obvious to me--if he left his panties on the floor, he was ready for "the talk"

BLUE ORCHID
06-22-2014, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=Wildaboutheels;3538893]I read both Dear Abby and Ann Landers for years. I am pretty sure they were sisters.

Hi WAH, Actually they were Twin sisters Abigail Vanburren and Pauline Philips, were their pen names.