PDA

View Full Version : still enjoy male sports is this bad thing

cdrachael
06-21-2014, 06:04 AM
HI all,
Just wanting a perspective on things as still trying to discover myself and my feelings about where I stand in life.

Even though I dress in women's attire and let me tell you I even think its not really 'women's attire' as I am at a stage now where I feel more comfortable in that style of clothing. I still enjoy watching rugby league and V8 supercar car racing.

I'm just confused this is so hard to put into words, I feel normal dressing as a woman but like the sports I suppose a male should, don't get me wrong I enjoy watching women's netball and soccer etc but typically in Australia its rare that's on TV.

I guess the real question is how am I suppose to 'act' as I work in a male dominated employment yet when at home just want to dress normally in woman's attire.

Lara85
06-21-2014, 06:07 AM
I think it's absolutely fine. I enjoy watching F1 and playing soccer (football), it's not something that I'd just dismiss because of how I want to dress/look etc.

Teresa
06-21-2014, 06:33 AM
Where's your problem the stadiums for these events aren't full of men, women enjoy the sports just as much, rugby matches are family days out !
Ok I'm a Cder I still love skiing but some of the girls fly by me on the slopes ! A young German blond girl taught me to scuba dive, seeing her in her wet suit was the icing on the cake !
Wearing a dress doesn't stop you , I've decorated in a skirt and heels ! There are no rules to CDing !

BLUE ORCHID
06-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Hi Rachael, I have bad news for you I think that you may be normal.

Donnagirl
06-21-2014, 06:47 AM
Of course it's not a problem... I still enjoy my sport and the other 'perceived' male activities. I've just learnt to enjoy shopping, fashion and the 'perceived' female activities as well. Although I do not think there are, in reality, any gender limited or restricted activities. We are all free to enjoy whatever we want!!!

cdrachael
06-21-2014, 06:48 AM
Hey thanks girls, yeah Blue Orchid I thought that was the case. But wasn't sure what normal was

mariehart
06-21-2014, 06:53 AM
One night when I still lived with my Mother. I was enjoying a romantic comedy on TV when I noticed my mother seemed irritated. It turned out she wanted to watch the soccer on another channel. Man utd were playing and she's a fan. She also likes rugby, horse racing, golf and more besides.
My sister is an F1 fan and goes to at least two grand prix a year. I could go on but you get the picture.

I on the other hand, watch few sports.

So don't worry about it. You are in danger of gender stereotyping yourself. There are no rules. Enjoy watching anything you like.

Kate Simmons
06-21-2014, 06:54 AM
You never need permission from anyone else to be yourself my friend. :)

Amanda L.
06-21-2014, 07:02 AM
Dont sweat on it Racheal. Just because you like dressing as a girl doesnt mean you have to act any differently from your male persona. I like watching the footy, dirt bike riding and car racing. i wont give that up for any woman (me included)
Go Aussie girls
Amanda

Jenny Miller
06-21-2014, 07:04 AM
I totally get your confusion Rachel. If you're like me, when you're en femme there is a greater desire to feel feminine and partake in traditionally feminine things and when that's not actually what to do, it can be stressful. One way of thinking about it that has helped me a bit is that even though I've changed clothes, that doesn't mean I need to abandon the things that interest me in boy mode too. Sure there are totally things that I do that are feminine that I don't do in guy mode but I like to think of it as two different parts coming together to make a more complete whole rather than two parts battling for control.

There is no way that you're "supposed" to act. As long as you aren't doing anything illegal or bothering anyone else, you can act however you want. If a GG acted as you've said, I doubt very many people would give it a second thought other than calling her a tomboy or something similar.

Whew, that got surprisingly long winded on me. Hopefully at least some of that rambling made some kind of sense to you.

Beverley Sims
06-21-2014, 07:23 AM
It is not a bad thing nor is it unusual.

You are finding balance in your activities.

alwayshave
06-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Rachael,

I love wearing women's clothing. However, I am a man. I enjoy watching baseball and football. I do not see my love of women's clothing as mutually exclusive to my love of sports.

Sara Jessica
06-21-2014, 09:28 AM
You are just feeding into gender stereotypes, just like many others who somehow equate what they wear with an overwhelming desire to clean house and cook dinner (while wearing 4" heels, of course).

Wear what you will and enjoy the sports you love. They have nothing to do with one another. Really, it's ok.

Deedee Skyblue
06-21-2014, 09:35 AM
We really DON'T have a rule that says 'A CD has to give up liking anything men like'. Or 'It makes you a bad CD if you like rugby'. There are no official Standards of Crossdressing that we have to live up to, except those that we are comfortable with.

Deedee

Renee Elise
06-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Of course not - why would I not do something I typically enjoy in guy mode - watching sports or playing video games -just because I happen to be en femme at the time?

Linda Leigh
06-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Rachael, Rule 3.17.46.98:C of the Official CD Handbook reads you are normal:) There not a handbook I am just being silly! However you are just acting normal, what you enjoy you should do :)

Linda Leigh

Roxie
06-21-2014, 10:50 AM
you should act how you went and enjoy any sport you want. I was dressed fem the other day , Not an hour later I was fishing with a friend out on the lake.Just because your a CDer does't mean you can't enjoy or have to act a certain way .My interest don't change because of what I have on and you should do as you feel. Hope this helps.

Rock on, Roxie

Stephanie47
06-21-2014, 11:01 AM
Girls, who ultimately develop into women, are engaging in all sports. My neighborhood is full of teams comprised of young girls, teens and women playing soccer, softball, baseball, and other "group" sports. In years past girls typically played alongside other girls, while boys played together. Now, it's an even playing field. Also, check out all the young women serving in the armed forces. Times are changing. I have female friends who are totally into one sport or another. They know the rules of the game. They can recite player statistics. And, they feel comfortable wearing jeans and a jersey, as well as a dress and heels.

Act anyway you want. You just have to remember the consequences of your actions.

betty cd
06-21-2014, 11:34 AM
I also like football, even if I Like to dress in skirt. I try to get the best from both feminine and male side of myself. It doesn't matter, I just want to go far away from cliches. Never mind, do what you like. Hugs. Betty.

Jorja
06-21-2014, 12:00 PM
The next time you go to or are watching a sporting event take a look at the rest of the people in the stadium. You will see many women right along with men enjoying the game. Fun is fun.

flatlander_48
06-21-2014, 03:38 PM
This morning I watched the qualifying for tomorrow's F-1 event in Austria in my magenta Shadowline pajamas and Chocolat Blu wedge slides. A couple of nights ago I bought my ticket for the 6-Hour weekend at Watkins Glen. I will NOT be going dressed, however...

MzVanessa
06-21-2014, 04:27 PM
I am a big fan of UFC. My dream come true would be to become a ring card girl, not only would I get to strut my stuff around, but I get front row to the fights. :)

Adriana Moretti
06-21-2014, 05:12 PM
nothing wrong with liking sports...lots of girls do...the COOLEST ones too !

missVS
06-21-2014, 05:42 PM
I am a huge Nascar fan. A lot of woman do go to the races also but not exactly the most feminine of sports. Being american not big fan of soccer though as we just have way too many sports to enjoy in the U.S. American football is in my opinion one of the greatest sports of all time but injuries and concussions and long time problems will eventually change the game forever.

Sometimes Steffi
06-21-2014, 10:15 PM
My daughter is a big fan of baseball and football. She gets more involved in it than many men. She's even won some bets against guys on her sports knowledge.

So, yeah, its fine.

paulaprimo
06-21-2014, 10:39 PM
i'll always be a big sports fan until the day they pry my purse outta
my cold dead hands... :)