PDA

View Full Version : MsVal's first reveal

MsVal
06-21-2014, 07:15 AM
In a funny turn of events, crossdressing has brought us closer together than we've been in a very long time.

Many things have been going on in my life and I have been kind of quiet on this forum. These include some interesting things involving crossdressing, including my first reveal.

I have been seeing a therapist for a few months. Elana is helping me to feel a great deal better about myself (less poorly, actually). I am coming to an understanding that I am not the disgusting old man that I thought I was; I am just “me”. I am still not happy with that part of “me”, and my wife is understandably even less enamored with it.

My wife is painfully aware of my crossdressing. She does not like it, but accepts that it is a part of me. She wants to one day be more comfortable with it and even supportive. You may recall that she recently gave me some of her things, bought me makeup, and found a nice wig that she encouraged me to buy. Even so, my wife and I have recently had many uncomfortable, tearful talks.

At my penultimate therapy session, Elana suggested that my wife accompany me to the next one (last Wednesday). She did, and it was quite enlightening. Elana helped us see that there are other issues that had not been addressed; crossdressing was just the one that brought the emotions to the surface. Now that we see them as separate issues, crossdressing is no longer the single huge problem we thought that it was. It’s still an issue, but it’s smaller and more manageable.

As is true of many of us, I am not defined by or limited to crossdressing. There are many other very interesting and worthwhile things I may do alone, or accompanied by my wife of nearly 30 years. Two of those things are volunteering and camping. We have a summer full of both. On our most ambitious contribution this year we will be volunteering while living in a remote campground for nearly six weeks. We have other commitments that are for two weeks and fewer.

While making plans for the summer we discussed how we would handle my dressing. I said that I would simply leave it all behind. I explained that I can’t think of a way to dress privately, I don’t want to hurt her by dressing in front of her, and taking MsVal along would present a frustrating temptation. I felt that it would be better overall to just abstain until October.

My dear wife would have none of that (oh, how I love that woman). She said that she wants me to be happy again, and knows that abstaining for the whole summer would seriously interfere with my happiness. She said that we would have to find a way to bring MsVal into our life, and along on our trips.

She convinced me that it could be helpful to reveal myself dressed. A little at first, perhaps more later, as a way to ‘normalize’ it and potentially become comfortable.

Yesterday was the first time that my wife saw me fully dressed.

She waited in the dining room while I changed into some summery feminine clothing. As I entered from behind, my heart was in my throat. I have read of several other reveals that have gone very badly. Thankfully, it went very well. She complimented the outfit and said that I am fortunate to be able to wear stylish clothes. I sat across the table, ate lunch, had a very normal afternoon conversation, cleared the dishes, and went about my normal daily activities while she went about hers. This went on for several hours until the time we expected our daughter to return home from work. I changed back into guy clothes and tearfully thanked her for being the most wonderful woman I know.

It was as close to a ‘normal’ afternoon as any I can remember.

Words fail me. I cannot express how relieved I feel, how thankful I am, how much I love the wonderful woman that still insists that she loves me.

That was Thursday. Friday was a busy day preparing for a family gathering later today (Saturday). Even though busy, my dear wife was thinking of me and said that I should set aside some time for dressing. I thanked her and declined, saying “That would be unnecessary and greedy. Yesterday was like my birthday and Christmas all at once.”

We are making great progress on the other issues too, and look forward to our time together. In a funny turn of events, crossdressing has brought us closer together than we’ve been in a very long time.

Best wishes
MsVal

Beverley Sims
06-21-2014, 07:21 AM
Val,
Good to see positive advancement and I hope you progress further.
Do take it slowly and do not smother your wife's initiative.
Read her actions carefully an if in doubt, back off.

AKADonna
06-21-2014, 07:36 AM
Val,
That's a wonderful post. I am so jealous of the relationship and open communications that you and your wife share. I'm sure it has had its moments, but you two are light years ahead of most CD couples, myself included. Is the therapist someone who specializes in Cd issues or just a generic therapist who is familiar with the issues? (It would seem to me to be difficult to locate a person who really understands Cding, unless they have had previous exposure.)

Your wife is a wonderful woman and you had better treasure that in her and be respectful of her feelings in all this! Good luck in your travels!

samantha rogers
06-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Oh, Val, I am so happy for you, honey! That is such a great step! She is a special woman and you are very fortunate, as you know.
Hugs
Sammie

Teresa
06-21-2014, 09:24 AM
MsVal,
In some respects it was sad that you had to resort to therapy in your mid sixties with thirty years of marriage behind you. so I'm really pleased for you that it's paid off .
Your paragraph about appearing dressed, how did you decide the best way to do it ? I posted a thread in " Loved Ones " along those lines to find out what GGs would suggest, my wife has made the suggestion once but said no more.
I still have that niggling doubt that my wife doesn't love me enough to let me do it and I guess I would be a little hesitant doing it.

The other point you raised about Elana picking up on a non related CD problem in your relationship, I'm wondering now if my wife declined the joint visit because she may have feared that outcome, I have raised the point more than once to how much she loved me ! She's very caring but not openly loving.

bridget thronton
06-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Sounds like good progress

Marcelle
06-21-2014, 09:48 AM
Hi MsVal. What a great story and what a wonderful afternoon sharing with your wonderful wife. My wife and I have found that by seeing me dressed from time to time around the house and just engaging in normal activity (watching TV, eating, conversation) it helps normalize Isha's existence in our marriage. She told me one day when I asked if she finds it weird the "In a way it has helped her see the whole man not just part of him" which seemed odd to me as I was wearing a sundress, wig and make-up at the time :)

Wonderful progress and congrats.

Hugs

Isha

carhill2mn
06-21-2014, 02:13 PM
This is a really good example of two people trying to find real solutions to the right problems. Congratulations!

Suzanne F
06-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Val
Congratulations! That took courage. It has been my experience that when I demonstrate courage it turns out well!
Hugs
Suzanne

BLUE ORCHID
06-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Hi Ms. Val, Now that the ball is in hre court , Just don't overwhelm her with Ms. Val.

Christen
06-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Dear Val,
You both sound like incredibly lovely people. Hope things continue to go well for the two of you.

Christen x

MsVal
06-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Val,
[...] Read her actions carefully an if in doubt, back off.
Thanks for the good wishes Beverly. As it stands right now, she is more interested in my fulfillment and happiness than I am. I realize that this may change at any time, but for now, I must be cautious to accept her offers in small pieces, and to be certain that she knows how much it means to me.

[...] I am so jealous of the relationship and open communications that you and your wife share. [...] you two are light years ahead of most CD couples, myself included. Is the therapist someone who specializes in Cd issues?[...]
Your wife is a wonderful woman and you had better treasure that in her and be respectful of her feelings in all this! Good luck in your travels!
Thanks Donna. There's no reason to be jealous, but I appreciate the compliments. Thank you very much.

The therapist is one of several at The Center for Relationship and Sexual Health (http://www.crsh.com/) in Royal Oak, Michigan.

Oh, Val, I am so happy for you, honey! That is such a great step! She is a special woman and you are very fortunate, as you know.
Hugs
Sammie
Yes, I am very fortunate, I know it, and I thank God for her.

MsVal,
In some respects it was sad that you had to resort to therapy in your mid sixties with thirty years of marriage behind you. so I'm really pleased for you that it's paid off.
Sad? Perhaps not. I just realized that this crossdressing issue and all the things that go with it was far out of my league. I can muddle through nearly any technical problem, and quite a few emotional ones, but this involved understanding and fixing something deep within my own mind. I simply didn't know how to deal with it. I needed to take my head to someone much smarter than I am and let her have a go at fixing it.

Your paragraph about appearing dressed, how did you decide the best way to do it?
That was essentially Elana's suggestion in place of my suggestion that I have my wife go through my box of stuff. As for what to wear, I could have gotten by with the bra and blouse that my wife had already seen accidentally, but when I got to the workshop, I figured that I would go all the way with something quite tasteful.

I still have that niggling doubt that my wife doesn't love me enough to let me do it and I guess I would be a little hesitant doing it.
I can only speak for my own marital dynamic. Yours is similar in some ways, but only you can judge whether this would be a good fit.

The other point you raised about Elana picking up on a non related CD problem in your relationship, I'm wondering now if my wife declined the joint visit because she may have feared that outcome, I have raised the point more than once to how much she loved me ! She's very caring but not openly loving.
Sounds like a PM may be in order.

Hi MsVal. What a great story and what a wonderful afternoon sharing with your wonderful wife.
Thank you Isha. That means a lot to me.

My wife and I have found that by seeing me dressed [...] it helps normalize Isha's existence in our marriage. [...] "In a way it has helped her see the whole man not just part of him" which seemed odd to me as I was wearing a sundress, wig and make-up at the time
Plus you were wearing that amazing smile.

This is a really good example of two people trying to find real solutions to the right problems. Congratulations!
That's a really great summation. Right solutions to right problems ... Thanks. I'll find ways to use that.

Val
Congratulations! That took courage.
Thank you very much.

It has been my experience that when I demonstrate courage it turns out well
Own it. Get in front of it. Manage it. That doesn't always work, but even when it doesn't, you always look better going down fighting rather than going down cowering.

Now that the ball is in her court, Just don't overwhelm herThanks Blue.