PDA

View Full Version : Yet another name question

Ginger Jameson
06-21-2014, 12:21 PM
How many CDs here who go by a female name have chosen one that's a version of your male name?

My answer: I didn't. James kinda only translates to Jamie and I've got an ex by that name, so no thank you. :)

Ressie
06-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Not I. Add a D to my name and you get Dressie!

weekend woman
06-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Changed one letter h to a and got Joan from John.

suchacutie
06-21-2014, 12:45 PM
No. Wanted a complete separation between my gendered selves right from the beginning.

Jenny Miller
06-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Mine's not exactly a female version of my name but it's similar to my male name.

Jackie F
06-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Always liked the name Jackie. Nothing to do with my real name.

AllieSF
06-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Mine is a take off from my real name, plus that of my last late cat and coincidentally from my grand daughter after whom that cat was named.

Desirae
06-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Nope, not even close here. Actually, Michelle is my favorite female name. Has been since grade school. But, it doesn't fit me at all. At least I don't think so. I'm not 100% sure Desirae does, either. As things progress for me, I'll have to see if it still fits.

AndreaSC
06-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Mine comes from the female version of my middle name.

LeannS
06-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Mine isn't close to my real name. When my ex wife and I where expecting our 2nd child we had names for both girl and boys well he turned out and I was suck with a name I love
so now I have it Nicole leann

Emi_
06-21-2014, 01:30 PM
My male name is the male version of a female name, so the conversion was simple. It didn't really dawn on me for a long time, though, and I went by an entirely different female name for a while. Then, one day, a friend started referring to me by the female version of my male name and shortened it to the very cute name I carry now. I like it because it really is my name and not just some random name that I pulled out of a hat because it was cute or sexy or something like that.

Farrah
06-21-2014, 01:32 PM
The firs 4 letters, Farr, are a part of my real name.

Roberta Young
06-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Just put an A after Robert. Hugs Roberta

tifftg
06-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Not even close, just liked the name Tiffany. I love when I see it pop up in other settings, like a waitress, SA or beautician.

windycissy
06-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Mine is pure invention: when I lived in Chicago I wanted to create an email address that was a play on the Windy City, and eventually came up with Windy Cissy, which evolved into Cissy D. Wynne on my fake Illinois drivers license

flatlander_48
06-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Only the D: Don and DeeAnn

There was no intended connection...

PaulaQ
06-21-2014, 03:32 PM
My first name is a feminized version of my male baptismal name - which was never my legal name. I never used that name, though.

Taylor Dame
06-21-2014, 04:12 PM
My first name can be either male or female, so it was easy!

Tracii G
06-21-2014, 04:16 PM
I'll never tell.

Tina G
06-21-2014, 04:21 PM
I did not, I had originally started with Tina and thru the years decided i wanted a change and Jenny came about.. Because of recent events in my life and because i always felt it was me i've changed back to Tina :)

NavyM2F_WAM
06-21-2014, 04:35 PM
On a twist, I decided to use "Allison" for my middle name, which I have always thought was a female version of my genetic middle name of "Allen". However, I read somewhere that it is a female version of some other male name (forgotten which one now).

Deedee Skyblue
06-21-2014, 04:35 PM
My first two initials are D. D.

Deedee

Adriana Moretti
06-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Mine came from watching Adriana La Serva from the Sopranos over & over......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriana_La_Cerva
not much of a stretch there.....

BLUE ORCHID
06-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Hi Lady G, I didn't want any connection of anyone past or present when I joined this forum so I picked
my favorite color-Blue and my favorite flower Orchids and that was the birth of Blue Orchid.

Megan Thomas
06-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Mine is completely unrelated, not even the same first letter or such like.

On a side note, I do wonder why some choose what appears to be a simple adaptation of a male name. Without wishing to incur the wrath of any here who have done this, I'm thinking of names such as Davida, Nigella, Roberta, etc. It is, of course, a matter of personal taste and choice and I just wonder why some people choose names so evidently masculine (or have I got it wrong and they're not masculine in the slightest)?

Michelle789
06-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Mine starts with the same letter as my male name, but my male name isn't Mike, Michael, or any of it's derivatives.

Roxie
06-21-2014, 06:28 PM
not even close , Roxie is a much better name than my real one

susmitha
06-21-2014, 09:26 PM
My fem name has no connection with my actual male name. My name means lady with beautiful smile. I chose the name because I was more beautiful than my sisters when I crossdressed and my smile is beautiful.

Dena
06-21-2014, 09:33 PM
I switched two letters around.

Dianne S
06-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Dianne starts with the same letter as my male name, but that's it. There's no other connection and the names mean completely different things.

Nancie64
06-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Ya, I would have had to add the a to Robert but Nancie with the (ie) instead of the Y just seems a little sexier. Besides it kind of is after a lady I know and I think she is pretty hot for her age.

Joyce S.
06-22-2014, 03:17 AM
I picked the name of the first girl I ever kissed. Something like 35 years ago... She probably doesn't even remember me. Last time we talked was something like 34 years ago. Wonder what she would think of me using her name?
A side question... do many of you every just pick or switch to another name? I'm not sure about mine but, honestly I'm not sure what would feel right.

Beverley Sims
06-22-2014, 03:33 AM
Every body else adopted Bev. and that goes fine with me both ways.

Charla McBee
06-22-2014, 05:03 AM
I'm not too big on being a Charlene or a Charlotte but then I found the rare short form Charla. Yes, it's a feminization of my real name.

mikiSJ
06-22-2014, 05:25 AM
How many CDs here who go by a female name have chosen one that's a version of your male name?

I did: Michael became Miki. I am not sure I even considered anything other than a derivative of Michael (Michaela, Michelle...or, even leave it as Michael, which is a somewhat popular girl's name).

I am not prepared to give me past as a male, simply to go on as a woman.

Marcelle
06-22-2014, 05:50 AM
Hey there. While there is a few female versions of my male name I went with a completely different female name. Never really liked my guy name as I didn't get to pick it. So when Isha made her appearance I got to pick her name.

Hugs

Isha

Ressie
06-22-2014, 06:45 AM
A side question... do many of you every just pick or switch to another name? I'm not sure about mine but, honestly I'm not sure what would feel right.

That's what is great about this. You can change your name anytime you want.

mariehart
06-22-2014, 07:43 AM
As I explained in the other thread I don't really like my male name although it's easily turned feminine. Some friends affectionally add an 'ly' to my name which I do like. But I went for Marie and I believe if was born female. I would probably have been called either that or Mary.

sometimes_miss
06-22-2014, 10:27 AM
I chose the female version of the male name that I would have chosen for myself had I the chance to do so. I've always like the name Alex, as well as Alexander. So Alexandra, or Lexi, just feels right. I've never liked my real male name, and the nickname for it is what the guy who molested me called me, so I don't like that either. I only keep my given name for legal reasons regarding my licenses, my degrees, and my power of attorney regarding my parents to avoid any complications. When my parents are both deceased, I plan to legally change my name.

jaye_cd
06-22-2014, 01:24 PM
When I was growing up there were lots of people who would just call me J which is my first initial, so I just expanded on a femme version of that. I've thought about using Sonja once in a while, but I just don't see the need to change my name after all of these years of using the one I've already picked.

Nadine Spirit
06-22-2014, 01:32 PM
My name is not even close to me legal name. I wanted something totally different.

I did try out two others. The first one I had for awhile, but it wasn't right. The second one I tried for a bit, it was based on my legal name, but I just couldn't stand it. I actually don't really like my male name and found it to be fun to be able to pick my own female name.

rocval2001
06-22-2014, 04:54 PM
A lot of thought went into mine - Not close to me male name - Just liked it

Hugs
Valerie

Judith96a
06-22-2014, 05:00 PM
No - not me - though it turns out that Judith is what my parents would have called me if I had been born as a GG.

Christen
06-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Yes from me. Christen is a femme version of my real name.

Jilmac
06-22-2014, 09:21 PM
I traded in a B from my male name for a J which gave me my female name.

Katey888
06-23-2014, 03:46 AM
Not Katey.... :)

Other than the first letter and I like Ks - Ks are relatively uncommon... and there are some great Kates around...

But Victoria is the female version of my middle name... and I've known some great Vickys... so Katey Victoria by choice...

As for Katey Victoria Beckham Kensington Winslet III....? That's just my pedigree show name for Crufts... ;) <woof>

Katey x

typhoidmary
06-23-2014, 04:01 AM
My names are unrelated... i'm not even sure there exists a female version of my birth name.
I may have ended up using one of the names my parents would have used if I were a girl but somehow I have exes with both of those names so maybe not.

CrossJess
06-23-2014, 06:23 AM
My name came from....my....Mum! :o Jessie is my real name and is a girls name as well, I get call Jess by my Mum and Dad and my bf, everyone else calles me JJ, what I use on the forum though I modified it a bit, taking "Cross" from crossdresser and joined it up with Jess because Jess sounds like dress "Crossdress" = CrossJess

Renee Elise
06-23-2014, 06:30 AM
Nothing remotely close to my given name. Renee just seemed like a good match when I looked in the mirror en femme one day. Elise was a potential name had I been born a girl.

noeleena
06-23-2014, 07:35 AM
Hi,

Noel or no-el to noeleena .and edward to edwina. last name the same Loch-head. I do have two more name's that are closer to my background from Prussia

Noel is also male and female so im covered, ether way.

...noeleena...

Seana Summer
06-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Like many others I just added a letter "a" to the end. So I got Seana from Sean. What I liked about it is that there are several gg's named Seana but it is not a common name. What is great about a name that is not common is that it makes it efficient to Google yourself to see what is out there!

For example if I ever do get around to posting a pic of myself, I will want to be able to see how far it gets shared with my name attached.

For me it really isn't about having a girly name.......I am me.......really doesn't matter what you call me...............just not late for dinner!

Teresa
06-23-2014, 01:59 PM
I tried other names when I registered on the forum and got refused so I took the chance of using the female version of my name , got it accepted but I don't mind it though !

Dena were you called Edna in that case ?

Saepe
06-23-2014, 02:16 PM
I don't like the female form of either of my given names (Abriana, Patricia), so no. Actually, it might be easier for me to pick a female name if I liked one of the variants, but alas that's not the case.

sayhi2dd
06-23-2014, 02:22 PM
I chose my name.. DD in honor of Doris Day.. though my given name is Matthew. Funny, a CD in the cross dressing group I joined gave me a pair of double D breast forms, I hadn't thought how the name DD also had significance for other things !

Frédérique
06-24-2014, 07:16 AM

I could easily feminize my male name, but I chose not to. However, my chosen name has a slight reference to my male name (purely by accident)…

devida
06-24-2014, 08:27 AM
I use a pseudonym because I'd rather keep my professional life separate and I do all my business via the internet. I frequently use pseudonyms on the internet which vary according to the area of interest. For TG matters I chose devida because it means devotee of the goddess. It's not necessarily a female name though names ending with "a" are usually heard that way in the West. I like the way some cultures, like the Japanese and Arab, allow people to change their names according to changes in the story of their life. I never really felt comfortable with my given name and actually still don't.

Vicky Peters
06-24-2014, 09:03 AM
When I picked my name , I needed a name that I would not forget. I looked at all the women that I worked with & chose Vicky (Vicky in real life is a great women and almost always wore heels). Last name is my golfing partners last name.

AprilMayy<3
06-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Mine starts with the same first letter, so it's similar :P The female version of my name is Antoinette, which is old and ugly sounding haha. April is a fun and cute name! But I've been thinking about changing it, which I'm not sure is even allowed in the CD world? haha

Michaelasfun
06-24-2014, 01:40 PM
Michael > Michaela, and Mike is a good nickname for "either" me!

Betty-Lou
06-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Not for me. There's absolutely no confusing my male and female sides. Two different people, two very different names.