PDA

View Full Version : I feel lost...

Christy Stevens
06-22-2014, 02:59 PM
My mind is so confusing. I haven't dressed in almost six months. I didn't feel like it for so long. It wasn't that I wanted to stop doing it, it was just as if the urge to dress up disappeared. The last time I dressed up, I got super glamorous for the oscar party my wife and I threw, (sadly, no pictures) and ever since then, i haven't felt like it. I don't know, maybe it's because I hate summer fashion, or maybe I just needed a break. Who knows. But I have missed Christy. I'm sure she will be back soon. Just wondering if you all have had a similar experience.

JamieTG
06-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Hi Christy. Its normal to go through cycles where the desire isn't there for awhile. I've had short down periods before (a few weeks) but never as long as 6 months. Loss of desire for things you normally enjoy is also a symptom of depression or being under a lot of stress. That may not be the case with you but I thought I would throw that out there. Good luck!

rocval2001
06-22-2014, 04:27 PM
I know the feeling Christie - I think it is normal to go through those periods

Katey888
06-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Christy - you're OK... don't sweat it... :hugs:

For all sorts of reasons it's sometimes stopped for years for me (OK - I'll admit there possibly isn't the same drive or desire for everyone - that must make a difference...) but even now sometimes it just seems like so much effort... and perhaps you just don't need that time right at the moment...

I'd forgotten what a difference warm weather makes... :) OK - it's got up to around 24C/76F here - but that's with what feels like 110% humidity... it's muggy and unpleasant and last thing I want to think about is concealer and foundation at the moment - let alone a wig... :eek:

I'll wait until it cools a bit... but perhaps you've gone into remission on the way to a natural cure....? ;)

(That should get cries of 'heresy' and the heady aroma of burning pitch as the elders gather.... :devil:)

Like MacArthur (maybe he was one?) - it shall return... :)

Katey x

Princess Chantal
06-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Perhaps the last crossdressing session you had of dressing up super glamourous and socializing with friends was so overwhelmingly satisfying that it fulfilled your appetite for dressing.

Karren J
06-22-2014, 08:43 PM
I understand completely, I just came out of a 3-4 week lull and everything felt great again. Think of like a mini-vacation and do some non-girly stuff, when the time is right things will happen.

Ginger Jameson
06-22-2014, 09:24 PM
It's definitely normal. I'm sure she'll be back soon enough. :)

If you want to coax her out, try strolling through the women's section at a department store. Or browse a shoe website. :) If you're not too worried, just wait it out.

Nikki A.
06-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Not really anything to worry about. I'm kinda going through the same thing. The heat, the opportunity to even go out dressed have kinda slowed me down too.

bentervine
06-22-2014, 09:50 PM
For me the urge comes and goes as well. It's probably attached somehow to what's going on in your life.

Erica Marie
06-22-2014, 10:19 PM
I think at one point we all run through different stages like this. I know personally I do. But to help I try to blend little things into my every day life. It just makes me feel a little more comfortable with myself.

Christen
06-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Oh, for sure this happens Christy (nice name). I certainly wouldn't sweat it either. My experience is that the desire to dress will come back. And who's saying it's a bad thing not to want to get the gear on, enjoy just being who you are now. You'll see Christy again, bet on it.
And I'm with you on the seasonal theory, I love autumn and winter. Summer down here is just to darn hot for this past time.

Christen x

Dena
06-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Oh yeah, I'm going through a longer stretch. It's been years since I've dressed all the way, I do wear and sleep in lingerie daily though.

Beverley Sims
06-23-2014, 02:11 AM
I think throughout my life I have only had about a six week hiatus.

I did have many that would last on a weekly basis only though.

AnneC
06-23-2014, 08:56 AM
I agree with some of the others in this thread. I've gone for a couple of months without wanting to dress. During this period I've thought about it a lot but didn't have the follow-through to do so. I also agree that this seems to be normal, for me anyway.

BillieJoEllen
06-23-2014, 11:26 AM
I don't really like to dress when its hot out. Other than that I wouldn't mind dressing a lot more. There is never long periods of time that go by that I don't desire to CD. There are however long periods of time when I can't CD.

reb.femme
06-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Like so many others, I'm in the midst of a 'god knows how long' break but the urge is definitely returning. As JamieTG also mentioned, stress or depression can play a part too. I suspect mine has been a combination of factors, lack of opportunity/frustration at work and long term meds. However, my meds are coming down steadily and this has coincided with a window of opportunity at work and my mood change has been significant. I am confident this girl will again be waving her bonnet in public in July. :)

Rebecca

Tracy Hazel Lee
06-23-2014, 12:18 PM
The longest periods of time that I go without dressing don't usually last more than a couple of days. And usually the reasons have more to do with time constraints and other responsibilities versus the lack of desire. During these times though, I don't feel any extra urge to dress, because I know that I'm going to dress as soon as I have the time and opportunity.

... maybe it's because I hate summer fashion, ...Wow. Hate is a strong word...

I simply can't wait for the warm weather to arrive each year. I MUCH prefer my summer dresses to any other items of clothing in my wardrobe.

Something I find a lot of people on here saying is how much they dislike dressing when it's hot out... Which I completely understand if every time you dress you go out somewhere. However, I don't usually go out. So I will stick to the confines of my house, which happens to be air conditioned. If I do go out anywhere during the summer, it's usually at night when the temps are much more tolerable.

Teresa
06-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Christy my breaks are only days apart I couldn't go any longer and don't see the point, why torture yourself ?
The downside to summer is not getting away with sleeveless tops !

Nikki A.
06-23-2014, 06:37 PM
The one part of me that I won't shave is my arms. So summer sleeveless tops are a downer for me sometimes. That's why I like the cooler weather, I don't stay home when I dress.

wanda66
06-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Being at peace with ourselves and handling our stressful situation may play a large part with these urges .