PDA

View Full Version : Crossdresser is a pervert?

Genny B
06-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Seen a post on some social media today that women are passing around warning each other. Apparently a young girl was in the girls restroom and notice someone taking pictures with a cell phone under the stall wall, and they found a man dressed as a women running away. 'Watch out for the pervert!' I didn't know what to say but I know I wouldn't be coming out to anyone this week. I am curious as to how others might of replied?

Genny B

PaulaQ
06-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Yeah, it happened just like that to my aunt's cousin's best friend's coworker...

It's bullshit & urban legend, in all likelihood.

kimdl93
06-24-2014, 09:17 PM
Are there perverts who try to photograph In ladies rooms...maybe, but like Paula says, very likely an urban legend. Social media is a pretty wide open space, and 98% of the content is made up.

Emi_
06-24-2014, 09:35 PM
A number of stories just like that were spread by an anti-trans* group not too long ago to persuade the rejection of a trans* rights bill.

Still, I'm not one to just outright dismiss this as merely fiction. The idea is plausible that a man would cross-dress simply to attain access to women in a private area. The point of sharing these stories, however - be they true or not - is mostly just to scare the public and drum up support against equal rights initiatives for trans* people.

i can only say that, were a man so determined to do what this story describes, he's probably determined to do a lot of other things to abuse women and not letting me use the ladies' room as a trans* woman will not stop a man like that from looking for ways to abuse women.

CrossJess
06-25-2014, 06:00 AM
There is some fruitcakes around mind, doesn't help he's dressed like a woman either which effects us innocent crossdressers just wanting to be our selves

I Am Paula
06-25-2014, 06:50 AM
L.A. has had trans bathroom laws for ten years without a complaint, or arrest.
Social media loves finding the boogieman, and when it can't, it makes one up.

I think the most curious part of this story, and what makes it so unbelievable, is, in the twenty years I have been using the ladies, I've never seen anything that may interest a pervert. They ALL have individual stalls, and the camera under the cubicle divider...c'mon!

Michelle (Oz)
06-25-2014, 07:32 AM
I've never had a bad experience in the ladies restroom even occasionally having to speak in a male voice to some ladies that I know. However, I am always fearful how some ladies might react if they feel their privacy is threatened.

devida
06-25-2014, 07:44 AM
There is far, far more going on in men's restrooms every day than in women's. Some of the action even becomes national news from time to time ( I'm looking at you Senator Wide Stance). There are no doubt an incredibly tiny number of obsessed men who would go to the trouble of dressing up to take pictures in a women's restrooms but as Paula says, social media (and the rest of the media) just love outrage and this story fits perfectly with the tired old theme of defenseless women and sex mad transvestites.

Byron
06-25-2014, 07:51 AM
Guy taking pics or peeking in the girls bathroom, not unheard of. In fact it happened at my spouses job just last week. In a very public and busy B & N of all places. No crossdressing involved in this incident.

The part about the guy wearing the dress is not impossible either, but dress wearing bathroom peeping-tom's is probably the exception though.

Even if the story is completely true, its just another case of a few ruining it for the majority.

Beverley Sims
06-25-2014, 07:56 AM
This is a popular conception and we have to be aware of this all the time as well as other well known assumed traits.

It is sad and difficult to get acceptance when these articles keep popping up.

Michelle789
06-25-2014, 02:14 PM
I agree wit Paula here. The idea that CDers (or TSes) are perverts is just an urban legend. There may be an occasional pervert, but they make up less than 0.1% of CD/TG/TS population. To those are are perverts, shame on you. They give us a really bad reputation. Furthermore, there may be a cis-gendered female pervert (probably a lesbian) who does the same thing, and when they get caught they get read as a man wearing women's clothes and help to give us a bad name. And yes I suppose there could be men who wear men's clothes who go into the women's room and take pictures. So yes there are probably some perverts out there, but I really believe that CDing perverts are exceptionally rare. If there is a real pervert, I'd bet on a man dressed as a man sneaking into the women's room, or a crazed up lesbian cis-woman who is taking the pictures.

I'd say even more likely is that some woman heard a noise or saw a flash of light, which might have just been the light in the room flicker, and out of fear, mistook it for a camera flash and cried pervert. We often see lighting changes or hear noises, and start thinking of ghosts, UFOs, earthquake, predator, boogie man, and all sorts of ridiculous ideas. The girl who made this claim could even be schizophrenic and delusional.

99.99% of CDers, TG and TSes, are law abiding citizens are NOT perverts. I feel sickened when anyone says we're just perverts trying to invade women's spaces so we can take pictures or get in their pants or skirt. Absolutely horrific.

It is important that we be on our best behavior when we venture out en femme. The more visible we are, and the more we show we are decent people, the better people will think of us.

Teresa
06-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Genny the tiny percentage that commit these offenses gets blown up out of all proportion ! It does create a difficult situation if the occurrences increase and what action the authorities are forced to take !

Vala
06-25-2014, 02:57 PM
I agree with the others, there will probably be a pervert crossdress some were but perverts can be anythinga teacher a trainer a cashier. Bla bla bla.
But the story almost bogus for sure. I never take social media serious. And don't believe everything I read.

emilie.claire
06-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Maryland just passed a bathroom bill and these stories were spreading like wildfire on social media. No news stories or police reports to substantiate. Total fear politics.

ashley_addams76
06-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Someone taking a picture of anyone other than themselves should be lambasted. There is no place for that. I don't think people should be snapping pics of others, especially children in the bathroom. Doesn't matter if you are dressed as a woman or not. If they are taking pics of children, then they are perverts whether they are dressed as a woman or not.

Genny B
06-25-2014, 06:22 PM
They have updated the post with the location, a local McDonalds, and a description which is nothing like me, thankfully! I don't know if it's true or not, and will assume it probably is not true. But how to address it with my non-cd friends has been the question on my mind. Thank you all for your thoughts!
Genny B

Adriana Moretti
06-26-2014, 12:07 AM
If I had a dollar for EVERY perveted crossdresser I would be rich....that does not apply to the gals here...but you can thank all of them for making it THAT much harder for people to get passed it and accept what we do ...facebook,craigslist etc are loaded with these amateur closet queens

Donniesr
06-26-2014, 01:02 AM
If I had a dollar for EVERY perveted crossdresser I would be rich...

If I had dollar for every perverted crossdresser, I'd be as poor as I am now. Most perverts are male and perceive as male.

BLUE ORCHID
06-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Hi Genny, I'm sure that you must've herd that over here in Maryland they passed the bathroom bill
that if you feel that you are a female today you can go into the ladies rest room.

5150 Girl
06-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Well, in a case like this, the peeper in the bathroom, this individual is not a TRUE cross dresser, but rather someone using cross dressing as a means to an end.

Jessica86
06-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Kind of like the whole preacher to little boy jokes. Now they are jokes, but when that whole child abduction circle was busted...people second guessed preachers for years. Majority of them are great people. There are always some who will use their profession for bad.

KaylaRoxx
06-27-2014, 03:58 AM
Thats messed up. Around where i live, in a very anti-any-kind-of-rights town, it wouldnt be strange at all to hear this kinda thing. Sad really. If you dont listen to country music and dress like an oilfield worker or a college douchebag everyone automatically hates you. I get enough wierd looks for wearing black and band shirts and chains. Id hate to see what people thought of me if thdy knew i was a crossdresser.

ReluctantDebutant
06-27-2014, 09:26 AM
It is wrong to believe that all cross-dressers are perverts, but it is just as wrong to believe that none are as well. A vast majority of preachers, teachers, and scoutmasters are not perverted yet the few there are cause a real danger that must be guarded against. And it tarnishes those that are in those occupations. Perverts will use occupations to get closer to their prey why not a wardrobe. I am sorry I can't really start attacking women for their fears. A bathroom is quite literally the place where you are caught with your pants down. It is a place of vulnerability. Women in general fear being attacked/spied on by men. It is completely understandable that they don't want a man in women's restrooms or locker rooms. Why wouldn't a cross-dresser just use the male restroom?... Because they fear some sort of violent act from men that might be in there? But a majority of men don't commit violent acts. Isn't it just bigotry and prejudice that make you fear running into a minority of violent men?

Face it, a cross-dresser's fear is real and so is a woman's fear. Rather than swatting women's fear away as nothing more than hatred and bigotry maybe its time to be considerate towards others?

Stephanie47
06-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Two issues here. (1) Whether a man dressed as a woman violated the privacy of women in a women's bathroom, and, (2) whether a MtF cross dresser is a pervert.

As to (1), yes there have been instances of males posing as women have done that. Occasionally, there have been bona fide instances. In the Seattle area that has occurred several times over the years. There have been arrests and the instances have been reported in the media. These men are just using a disguise as a part of their ruse to gain access to a women's rest room. In my state that is a criminal offense. The entire act of "up skirting" a women is a criminal offense. In either instance, whether disguising oneself as a women or just appearing as a man, "up skirting" for sexual pleasure is a violation of law and is a perversion.

As to (2), no cross dressers as a group are NOT perverts. Heck, the President of the United States just barred discrimination against gender identification in the federal work force and federal contractors. Washington State law prohibits discrimination against gender expression.

Of course, some people will characterize any activity other than what they engage in as a perversion.

Jenny Gurl
06-27-2014, 08:26 PM
This should be of concerned to all women who use the ladies room, a voyer entering a ladies room trying to get pictures of natural born and transgender women should be prosecuted. It's getting where a GG nor TG woman is safe. It's important the media outlets get a few comments about how TG women are not doing it, but would be just as vulnerable if it were actually happening. I doubt it happened, I have seen these wild stories generated to further a cause politically before. It's not impossible, but too much of a coincidence that there are virtually no cases like this before, then all of a sudden these stories start popping up.

Desirae
06-27-2014, 09:35 PM
I would venture to say that if there were a poll taken of non-CD respondents, that the great majority would say that crossdressing is some type of perversion. Yes, even in this day of "enlightenment" that many on here seem to espouse as how things are now (I, for one, disagree with that). I'm talking just in general, also. It wouldn't even take someone in a dress in the lady's restroom.