PDA

View Full Version : Day Out...

dack
06-25-2014, 09:38 PM
So I went out in a dress last Friday, with pantyhose, high heels, and my hair pinned up in a high bun. I went to a salon (to get the bun), dropped in Aveda (seeking makeup but discovering they were about closed), and then ate at Panera Bread. I then headed home on a bus.

Someone approached me while I was walking outside, though. I was having trouble walking, since the heels were killing my feet. I thus switched temporarily to tennis shoes I had in a backpack with me.
"Why are you dressed that way?" I put on the tennis shoes and scurried off the block. He followed me.
"I just am," I said, moving quickly.
"Did you know God loves you?" he asked. I kept moving.
"Some people may have made fun of you before. I'm not trying to do that. I used to have the same problem. God can make you free from this." He paused. "Do you have any questions?"
"I appreciate what you're trying to do," I said, "But why do you assume that if someone dresses a certain way that they're doing something immoral?"
"God showed me your heart," he said.
I kept moving, not really wanting to engage him in a debate while crossdressed. He finally angrily turned away and walked off.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Aside from that, the salon was very friendly and accepting (though they have a lot of LGBT people there). I think someone else tried to throw water at me while their car drove by, but it missed. The people in the restaurant and Aveda seemed a bit nervous.

I've gone to another part of town some times in a skirt and pantyhose, but I haven't had any reactions like this at all.

Beverley Sims
06-26-2014, 05:49 AM
I respect everyone's religious views, but I do not want them thrust upon me.

Yes it has happened to me and I can be very rude at times.

Paulacder
06-26-2014, 06:23 AM
Never ran into a situtation like that. Generally when I get approached someone wanting $5.00 for a cup of coffee......

Jillian Kate
06-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Back when I used to go to church (in the 80s) a crossdresser showed up for service one morning. He obviously was looking for some spiritual guidance or he wouldn't have been there. The next week, when he wasn't there, the pastor took it upon himself to speak about the person in an unaccepting way. Practically making fun of him. I learned at this point that this church was not for me. The man did nothing to harm anybody but the pastor felt it was okay to speak about him in a demeaning way.

AKKaren
06-28-2014, 01:34 PM
Back when I used to go to church (in the 80s) a crossdresser showed up for service one morning. He obviously was looking for some spiritual guidance or he wouldn't have been there. The next week, when he wasn't there, the pastor took it upon himself to speak about the person in an unaccepting way. Practically making fun of him. I learned at this point that this church was not for me. The man did nothing to harm anybody but the pastor felt it was okay to speak about him in a demeaning way.

My goodness this brings back awful memories....
My first wife found out about this side of me 20 years into a stormy marriage and insisted we get "Religious" counseling...Baptist preacher...anyway...the Preacher outed me after the first session in front of 300+ people the very next Sunday in our little town....He came VERY close to being a murder victim in front of the same people.... I am appalled by people that poke their noses into other people's lives in the name of their God.
Karen

Kevyn53
06-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Nothing to do with CDing. Our neighbor is an extreme minister. Last year he emailed my wife and said he was looking our his picture window and god raise a curtain from his eyes and he could see the despair and iniquity across the street and he wanted to help us. The iniquity, I think, was the buddha statue in our back yard. ever since the Romans were feeding Christians to the lions, they've been pushing back. You did right.

Emi_
06-28-2014, 08:00 PM
I am a devout Christian, a minister in fact - throw your stones now if you must, I don't care. As wih cross-dressers - or any other group of humans - there are those who are just very passionate and will try to be bold for the cause even if it makes the whole group look bad. I'm not one to dismiss such behavior - it is hurtful to the cause and to others - but Christians are not the only one's who "drink the Kool-Aid" and try to force their way on others.

Marcelle
06-28-2014, 08:33 PM
I believe in the right for people to have their own opinions. I am sure there are those who look at my ugly mug when I am "en femme" and think I am an abomination in the eyes of god. Being from a mixed religious family my take on a supreme deity . . . he/she has more important things to worry about than little old me in a dress. It is not religion that makes people act like idiots, it is their interpretation of it that does so. So long as they remain civil then I will have no issue but if they get hostile then I will take exception :)

Hugs

Isha

Alice_2014_B
06-28-2014, 09:05 PM
What type of heels were you wearing?
Was he hounding you about that because he knew you were a man?
Or was it because you were quite passable?
I used to be religious years ago. Some super religious people will approach women who are dressed, how do you say, on the more revealing side to try to help her soul and all. I do not know exactly how you were dressed though.
I'm not making accusations or anything, just curious.
:)

kimdl93
06-29-2014, 08:22 AM
Never had that happen. I would probably have responded similarly and gotten away as quickly as possible.

Paula Siemen
06-29-2014, 08:54 AM
Ionce had a somewhat similar experience. A woman asked me if I was saved. I replied...Yes I am and I have a very good relationshid with my God. I say this because I know God knows my heart and sees all things in my life. I cannot hide. Ive learned to feel no shame for my crossdressing as I am not out to hurt others of bear malice to others. Some say Gays are born as gay.....why would God make any of us to be this way unless it was his will? God loves us all.

BLUE ORCHID
06-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Hi Dack, That's kind of like when the JW's ring ymydoor bell and try to convert me.

shelley johnson
06-30-2014, 06:15 AM
I had a similar experience when buying and trying on clothing. The store clerk said I will pray for you to get right. Shhe said this when I checked out.

BeckyW
06-30-2014, 01:17 PM
I had a similar experience when buying and trying on clothing. The store clerk said I will pray for you to get right. Shhe said this when I checked out.

I think I would have been tempted to tell her that I'll pray that she stops being self-righteous.

Jesus didn't mention crossdressing. He did have a lot to say about her particular sin, however.