PDA

View Full Version : Dinner follow up.

Stephanie Miller
06-25-2014, 11:52 PM
My follow up to the lemon-aid post.
So here it is a bit more than a month after a dinner party I wrote about in an earlier thread. And one of the Gg's that was in attendance followed through with an invite for Stephanie to have dinner with both her and her mom.
Now I have to set the record straight here for a minute. I unintentional made an error when I said both of the Gg's were spouses of worker of mine. One actually is a spouse, but the other is an ex-spouse (we'll call her Sue). They are divorced but still close friends to each other. Well it just so happens Sue was so impressed she told her mother all about Stephanie, (mother is 82, lives alone, still drives and is sharp as a tack. Really a neat lady). Her mother just NEEDED to meet Stephanie.
So last week I received an invite for dinner at Sues house - but I was to come as Stephanie. I thought it was just going to be her and her mom..... but she also invited my worker!:eek: Turns out he wanted to meet Stephanie in person since all he had seen were the photos. Knowing the ramifications to friendship and potential of loosing one of my best workers - I was worried to say the least. I needed not be. It was a totally a wonderful evening. Worker was nothing short of a gentleman and treated me as would be expected. Her mother wouldn't stop gushing - and Sue is turning out to be a very good friend. Not only does she still want to go shopping with Stephanie, she even brought up the fact that she saw the Phoenix Gay Pride association was putting on a very large Wedding Expo with tons of vendors in August, and wanted us to go for fun to see it. My worker is still himself and everything between us in guy mode is still same ol same ol. He says he has no problem with me being Stephanie whenever I want because he understands that is part of who I am.
No way does it take away the hurt of divorce. But friends sure help make life bearable.

Katey888
06-26-2014, 04:15 AM
Stephanie - it's always good to hear of a positive development in someone's relationships... :D

People can be unexpectedly accepting of things sometimes - good when it happens!

Glad it's going in the right direction for you... :)

Katey x

Beverley Sims
06-26-2014, 04:51 AM
Stephanie,
Nice to see a positive outcome.
I hope it helps cement relationships.

Marcelle
06-26-2014, 05:15 AM
Hi Stephanie . . . what a great development. As Katey and Beverly have already said it is nice to read positive steps forward for individual journeys.

Hugs

Isha

flatlander_48
06-26-2014, 06:20 AM
Speaking from an alien perspective, what you discovered about the Human Experience is that if all those things that take people off stide can be bypassed (posturing, political rhetoric, just plain B/S, etc.) what exists underneath is just good and simple Human Nature. It is the part that desires friendship and closeness and wants to know that no one is twisting in the wind by themselves. It is how it was intended.

Stephanie Miller
06-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Reading what you girls have written rings true. It brings to mind the verse "to separate the wheat from the chaff". Pretty much the same people that can accept Stephanie for who she is - despite societal "norms" - shows that those are the same people that are good of heart in almost all ways. It is nice to surround oneself with people of this type rather than those that are bigoted, fake and/or closed minded. I just hope I can pay it forward in some way.

Princess Grandpa
06-26-2014, 09:23 AM
What a great story Stephanie. Thank you for sharing it. One loves to hear stories of acceptance and support seeing as we are generally surrounded by intolerance and anger.

Hug
Rita

Dana M
06-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Stephanie,
What a great story. Good for you.

Stephanie Miller
06-26-2014, 04:25 PM
I've been e-mailed twice about the wedding expo. Here is the link for others interested in going. See ya there :eg:
http://gayarizona.com/wedding-expo/