PDA

View Full Version : Text message from my Father.

biggirlsarah
06-26-2014, 03:28 PM
I was sitting at my computer at home this morning and I got a text message from my Father "What's my lad up to ? "
Well considering I was sat there wearing a short denim skirt , a patterned blue top, pink sandals , bright pink nail varnish and matching lip stick, a silver necklace and matching earrings,( he does know that I am a transvestite but chooses to ignore it )and being someone who doesn't tell lies I thought that on this occasion discretion would be the best, so I told him I was at work, I just wanted to share. xxx

Katey888
06-26-2014, 05:47 PM
It's a strange coincidence but my father passed away a year ago today - just reading your post made me realise how glad I am that he never asked me that sort of a question at a time when I might have had to answer truthfully... so I never had to lie to him, but I also would never have told him voluntarily either... I don't believe he would have understood... :)

Discretion can be the best thing sometimes, I fully agree... and if that makes me a coward, I don't care...

Thanks for sharing Sarah, my family were from Norfolk too... :D

Katey x

BLUE ORCHID
06-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Hi Sarah, Some times we just find ourselves between a rock and a hard place.:daydreaming:

kimdl93
06-26-2014, 08:20 PM
There is no hard place here. You were able to receive a pleasant note from your father and responded truthfully. Be grateful. As Katey observed, the time will come when that's no longer possible. I hope my kids enjoy hearing from me as much as I would love to hear from my father, now nearly 40 years departed from this mortal plane.

Marcelle
06-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Hi Sarah . . . I think you handled it admirably. Your dad knows and as you says he chooses to ignore so telling him you were at work was probably the best course of action.

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
06-27-2014, 01:53 AM
Yes when your parents fish like that it is good to be subtle. :)

mikiSJ
06-27-2014, 03:08 AM
I am ok with what you did - if I were only CDing, that would probably have my answer.

If I were in transition, I think I would take offense, gently, but let him know what's what!

reb.femme
06-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Hi Sarah,

I think it's nice that your dad knows and rather than let that knowledge destroy your relationship, he carries on regardless. My eldest son knows but currently chooses to just ignore it and acts like it was never stated. I think your act of discretion was the right one, no need to rub his nose in it.

Had this been my dad, he would never have spoken to me again if he knew I was a CD, but it would have been amusing to have told him exactly what I was doing if asked. :heehee: Sad as it is, I don't miss him at all.

Oh and just to get my Norfolk connection in like Katey, my bank account is still in Wroxham after being based at Coltishall.

Rebecca

Desirae
06-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Like your father, my father knew about my CDing, also. At least I'm pretty sure he did. He's deceased, also. I remember once when I was in my teens, I was sitting at the kitchen table and he was in the basement. I heard a "crunching" sound, like what you hear when you handle one of those plastic grocery bags from Kroger or the like. I had some stash clothes hidden in a bag under the seat of an old chair that was in the basement. I just knew that's what the sound was. He never said anything to me about it and I took that as he didn't want to know about it and wanted to just ignore it. Still, he was a great father and never let that poison the way he treated me. I doubt he would have understood or wanted to understand anything about CDing. He was from a different era. I really saw no reason to bring it up with him. If he would have initiated the conversation back then, I probably would have even denied it. I never saw any reason to rock his world with something like that.