PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Little Bored

PamelaMiller
06-26-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm bored and confused. I had my makeover, I went shopping and to dinner en femme, I posed for a lot of pics and I posted the pics and my story for all of you to see. I bought make-up and brushes and cosmetic wedges and the stuff for some taping under my wig. And I can't seem to get interested in dressing much.

I have been traveling for several weeks and have tons of opportunities. I spent two weeks in a Midwest city with an open mind and a huge Pride parade. I had a list of restaurants to consider, courtesy of a very nice lady at the hotel front desk. And I didn't dress to go out even once. I dressed a little in my room, with a little make-up, but I didn't venture out.

This week I'm in another hugely open-minded city. Last night I decided to dress to go out. I taped, I practiced the make-up techniques that I learned at my makeover, and I did OK but not great. Still, I looked pretty good. It was raining though and I had eaten a big lunch, so I decided not to go out. Maybe I took advantage of an easy excuse. But I did chat with the two ladies at the front desk and they assured me that I could go out without worry. They gave me a local map and showed me all of the great restaurants and told me that I could go en femme to any one of them. And they told me that I looked great. I invited them to join me for dinner and they said that they would love to if they weren't working.

So here I am. I finished work early today. I've been in my hotel for a few hours. Reading, catching up on emails, etc. I've had all the time in the world to work on my make-up and get femme for dinner. And I'm just not interested. I don't know why. I really enjoy being pretty and feminized. But I can't get off my butt to do it. I'm leaving shortly for dinner, en drab.

Maybe I'm scared. Maybe it really is just a fetish. Maybe it's a phase. Maybe I overdosed on pink fog.

Has this happened to you? How did you deal with it?

Hugs,
Pamela

Katey888
06-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Pamela - I can't answer your question from experience (I'll leave that to our 'out and experienced' ladies...) but I can offer some sympathy... :hugs:

Maybe you've just had too much of a good thing lately...?

Maybe you need some social life to go with the getting out there...? I know I would... I've also traveled a lot on business and sometimes it just gets all too much... and actually it's nice just to stay in, drink some beer, scoff a burger and watch a good movie... :)

It's probably just a phase... :D

Katey x

atxpantyboy
06-26-2014, 06:12 PM
I can completely relate to your experience, Pamela. I've done a couple of full-blown dress up sessions with professional makeup and photos, followed by an outing. And I have the time, money, and place to do that almost anytime I want for several years, but just don't. I'm really glad I did fully dress before, and it was indeed fun, but I realized that just wasn't the level of CD'ing that I need. And the amount of effort involved to look how I would want to look as a woman is generally more than my desire to fully CD. (I'm vain enough as a male!) I look at that as a special occasion thing and now just sometimes incorporate feminine clothing into my regular male style. And once you've already done some of these things that are so powerfully frightening or thrilling or whatever, it does kind of take away some of the taboo. I also believe the taboo aspect can play into the desire to CD for some of us. Still figuring some of that out...

Emi_
06-26-2014, 06:17 PM
We are our own most fickle mistresses.

I would like to add my own experiences to build on what Katey said. It can indeed probably has been too much of a "good thing." i transitioned in my 20s - lived full-time as a female for over 2 years. It was a miserable experience, like cross-dressing every single day. It went from being a freeing experience to being another mundane part of life to eventually becoming a tiresome chore. The fantasy of getting to dress as long as we want is compelling when we live with a lot of limits but the reality is that the whole thing is a lot of work and, like all work, it can become tedious.

What's more, the urge to cross-dress can be like waves in the ocean and those tides may not always coincide with your personal schedule - there'll be days in the office where you think you'll go crazy in a suit and tie and then there will be whole weeks of freedom where you'll just want to sit around in your boxers watching old shows on Netflix.

I always advise others to enjoy all you can enjoy and stop when you don't enjoy it anymore. Don't feel pressured to "live the dream" if you can't keep up the pace. Don't be discouraged when the urges aren't there - you haven't failed at anything, you're just a human being and this is a lot to take on all at once.

Richelle
06-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Pamela,

I get that way at times. To be it is not a big deal. If when traveling for work, I may or may not go out enfem. It really just depends upon how I am feeling at the time. My advise, do not force yourself as that takes all the joy out when you do go out enfem.

Richelle

JenniferR771
06-26-2014, 06:29 PM
And do not be a perfectionist. You don't have to spend an hour on your makeup, an hour on your hair and an hour choosing an outfit, jewelry and shoes. Too much work, like climbing a mountain.
Like Richelle said, "Do not force yourself." Take an hour to get ready--no need for glamor; blend in. Don't climb a mountain--a gentle slope probably suits your situation better.

Samantha Clark
06-26-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm glad to read these posts, because my urge to dress has waned recently and makes me wonder whether it will come back again.

Roxie
06-26-2014, 06:48 PM
I can completely relate to this Pamela after finally getting out on my own for the first time in a long time.I thought that I needed forms ,make up etc..Now I find that I worked on getting more clothes but haven't gone any further. I'm realizing now that fem clothes around the house when I went has all the sudden become enough for me ."the pink fog"has thinned out some ,to the point where for now I need to go no further in my dress. This is confusing as hell to me cuz now I'm not sure where Roxie is going now when not to long ago I thought it was figured out. I was actually going to post a thread on this when I read yours,be interesting to see what others post.GOOD LUCK

Roxie

kimdl93
06-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Maybe it's just real life. You're traveling, working and sooner or later fatigue will set in...not fatigue about dressing, but plain old physical and mental exhaustion.

I dress pretty much full time when I'm not at work...on the road and at home. But that doesn't mean I'm always up for a night on the town. I may get out instead to run errands...just to get out of the house, but I don't feel obliged to fill every evening with dining and bar hopping. Most nights, it's just as much fun to relax, read and go to bed.

rachel_rachel
06-26-2014, 07:12 PM
You're not alone there.. I want to dress up and get pretty, just can't be bothered when I get the chance.

BLUE ORCHID
06-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Hi Pam, There are some times that I m just to tired to get dressed.

AllieSF
06-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Actually, I think that you just need a partner in crime. If you are traveling to some decent size cities, try to find someone from this site who may be interested in going shopping or out to eat. Sometimes a partner can give you a lot more confidence than a stiff shot of alcohol!

Beverley Sims
06-27-2014, 01:49 AM
Sometimes you let your expectations get too high and later circumstances flatten them out a bit.

EllenJo
06-27-2014, 05:43 AM
Like everything in life crossdressing waxes and wanes. I think we all have different levels of satisfaction when it comes to dressing. Some here only dress when they can go all out while others (like me) feel great with a simple skirt and blouse but no make up, forms or wig. It can come and go but always seems to come back again. Just go with the flow. Do what makes you happy and remeber the only rule about crossdressing is that there are no rules.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Debra Russell
06-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Don't worry hon - the urg and need will always be there when you need it most - enjoy your need when it calls, and otherwise don't fret ....and by the way you really present your femm side nicely...............................Debra