PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Legs Who Hates it?

Lisa Marie
01-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Well I had to shave my legs again today it was time. Just as I was shaving I notice while I was shaving I got a scratch on my leg it kinda of hurts a little. Wish there was a way shaving legs would be easier. How many of you ladies in here get scratches while shaving? Is there a more simpler way than just using a razor? :cry:

Darlena
01-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Yes Angela, you can always wax them. Unless you have real coarse hairs. I don't mind shaving at all. It's another feminine upkeep experience. However, I'm going to wax mine tonight. Kisses,

eyesthatsparkle GG
01-17-2006, 06:59 PM
I am a GG...so I have been shaving for quite a while. All I can tell you is that is sucks for a GG,a CD or anyone who feels the need to shave. No real easy way about doing it, except for electrolis maybe. Just make sure you use a really good new razor, and I tend to have better results using a nice body wash vs shaving cream. Also, let your legs soke in a nice long bath before you shave. :) Good luck

Amanduhrob
01-17-2006, 07:11 PM
I usually nair mine, but look forward to a good waxing.

Sharon
01-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Ditto on the bodywash method, particularly moisturizing wash. I've been using Caress brand the past few months and only shave while taking a bath, not a shower, so that it allows me to really soak the skin, and because it is so much easier than doing it while standing.

ima
01-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Fortunately, I do not have much hair on my legs and what I do have is blonde so I can go 2-3 weeks (or longer) without needing to shave. I'm lucky I know. But when I do shave I found that shaving while soaking in the tub works great or like others mentioned use a nice body wash in the showwer. I lather up the legs and then turn off the water so it doesn't wash the lather off. I use a Mary Kay product for a body wash and even though it is a bit more expensive than the Costco size bottles of wash it last a long time since so little is needed. I just love the feel of just shaved skin. But, if I had to shave very often I could see it being a big pain.

paulaN
01-17-2006, 08:02 PM
shaving is kinda a pain but I don't mind. I shave every couple of days. I love the feeling of freshly shaved so much it's worth it to me. And pits too.

Butterfly Bill
01-17-2006, 08:02 PM
The few times I have tried using a blade razor the skin came out red and raw. I always use an electric razor. I have found that ones designed for men work better than the "Lady-" models. Make sure it has a sideburn trimmer, for initially getting off especially long hairs. Done like this, it is something that I can do on the back porch or at the kitchen table where there is plenty of light, and I can go back over areas that I missed.

Tina Dixon
01-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Have never shaved, and my body has as much hair as King Kong, except my head, Im fighting a losing battle here girls.

TGMarla
01-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Shaving Legs Who Hates it?
Hey, don't knock it. At least you have the liberty to shave them. Complain, complain, complain. Be happy with what you have.

kristytv
01-17-2006, 08:29 PM
i am not ape like hairy , but it grows,,, fast , i have to shave daily if i keep everything clean , although i did find the mach razors work rather well and the skintmates shave gel with copper seems to really be nice to my skin

Fallen Angel
01-17-2006, 08:53 PM
It doesnt bother me ive been doing it for so long now that its just part of the everday thing

susancheerleader
01-17-2006, 08:53 PM
I shaved ONCE. It was very early December, and it was a fiasco. I had no idea what I was doing, and it took me three days to finaly get 'smooth' skin.
I admit that was a thrill and felt great once it was done. But I had a hard time keeping up on the shaving and found it such a nightmare that I just stopped. There has to be an easier way then what I was trying. :cry:

Toni CD
01-17-2006, 10:19 PM
don't mine shaving , but the bikini area must wait till razor bumps go away.
so only get to shave once a week. would like to shave more often. i like to stay smooth. any help to stop razor bumps would be nice. i do use bikini zone shave gel and after shave gel.. thanks xoxoxoxo

Olivia
01-17-2006, 10:30 PM
It doesnt bother me ive been doing it for so long now that its just part of the everday thing

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me too. Thanks for saving me the trouble Angel! Olivia

MarieTS
01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Sorry you had such a difficult time shaving, Angela. I've found Nair is the best way to go. I just lather up, wait a few minutes and then shower it off. After I exit the shower and towel down I apply Jergens Shave Minimizing lotion, and repeat it after every shower. Now I can get 2-3 weeks before I have to defuzz again!
Its not all that messy and I do my bikini, arms and chest at the same time. Now the only thing I shave are my underarms.
Give it a try!

DawnRodgers
01-18-2006, 01:16 AM
I've had great success with Norelco's Satinelle. It is a rotary type plucker. Sounds painful but it is bearable. The best part is is that it lasts for a month and the hair that regrows comes back in finer. Before I used it a razor shave of my legs would last less than 24 hours. Then it would get stubbly and feel awful. After the Satinelle they were silky smooth for weeks and even now, if I shave wqith a blade as a as a touch up, they are good for a week and never get stubbly. Highly recommend it and you can get it on the web too - or a fine department store near you. Think it is much better than waxing.
Dawn

GypsyKaren
01-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Hi Angela

I've never had a problem with shaving, never had much to mow. Just a suggestion; the other day I saw Nair For Men at Walgreens, maybe it works better on thicker turf.

GypsyKaren

Jamie M
01-18-2006, 04:16 AM
Please don't let kelly see this as i had to convinve her to let me shave in the first place but you're absolutely right . The actual act of shaving and the upkepp of it can be a real drag (pardon the well used pun) .

I won't complain about it too much though as i remember what it was like when i wasn't allowed to shave them , i have no desire to return to being a monkey boy again .

As for tips , i think it's all been said . I let it grow a little bit before shaving else i come up in a nasty rash with cuts all over the place . I also have a nice long soap and use a nice fresh , sharp razor (gillette mach 3 seems to do the trick nicely ).

RhondaLynn
01-18-2006, 04:40 AM
I just Love smooth-shaven legs ! I only shave them when Rhonda's on an outing, but once she's out, I'll keep them as sensually hairless as possible for months. I shaved mine Tuesday, the first time since this summer - I'd forgotten how good they feel when smooth.

The first time shaving them after a while is usually a bit tedious, and sometimes I take a day or two to get them all done, but afterward, i'll just shave like one calf or thigh each day as I shower for work. It only takes a few minutes, and I get a chance to touch them up completely every few days this way. I've shaved for so many years, the hair doesn't really grow very thick or fast in most places anymore - mostly around the upper & inner thighs.

Smooth-shaven legs are awesome - I'd recommend shaving to anyone! The first time i shaved my legs (in my early 20s), it was absolutely the most effeminite thing I think i'd ever done to myself. I was so aroused by their sight & feel, I went motorcycle riding one Saturday afternoon just after shaving, wearing shorts. The sensation was breathtaking, and the thought that someone in traffic would notice was equally breathtaking. Later, I'd wear a skirt & hose & ride my motorcycle at night. Skirts & hose on a motorcycle - i miss those days. Guess I should buy another bike.

As far as the rash, sores, ingrown hairs, etc. - I don't have problems with them like I used to. I just shave w/ a Sensor razor & bath soap, then powder down my legs afterwords w/ baby powder. I guess 20 years of shaving on & off has conditioned my skin.

Lotte L
01-18-2006, 05:42 AM
Hi Angela Marie,

Once a year I shave my leggs below the knee, the upper leggs do'nt grow any hair. The same with my arms, my underarms are like GG's the hair on it is barely to see and soft. I use a Gilette M3 Power and afterwards I put some lotion on and it's no problem at all. I realise that I might be happy for that.

Love,
Lotte

Phyliss
01-18-2006, 07:18 AM
A long hot soak in a tub usually seemed to work for me. I'd get good results. As for the bikini area....well, doing that in the tub was always a bit awkward to do, so I'd have to stand in the shower. Bumps...I hated them. Even with after shave gell and different moisturizers, using a new blade.
I finally found the joy of waxing this past summer and haven't picked up a razor since.

Lisa Marie
01-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Thanks girls for all the advice, I think my problem is I switched brands on the razor. I had no problem when using the for sensative skin razors but I just couldnt find any anywhere. Hope to find some today.

RhondaLynn
01-18-2006, 07:39 AM
I have a razor handle that takes Sensor II / III blades w/ or w/o the aloe vera strip, but it's a woman's model - the handle is short, wide & flat. I forget the name, but seems that when i got it (years ago), it had a suction-mount base for the shower (lost now). Anyhow, that handle seems to have the best grip for shaving the backs of my legs, thighs & knees. The round-handled ones & similar don't have the width for a firm grip & rotational torque to get those hard-2-reach places w/o dropping it.

-for what it's worth....

Tiffy
01-18-2006, 09:43 AM
It can be a hassle, but they have been shaved for over two years straight now. Infact I am getting ready to go shave them again. It can be a pain, but it is worth it.

Kisses, April Marie

KellyT
01-18-2006, 09:57 AM
I was gonna shave my legs, but my wife stooped me, and has offered to wax them for me instead...Ouch.... I can't decide if this is to be helpful or to try and disuade me off the notion. Haven't done it yet, but am soooo looking forward to the experience of soft material brushing against soft skin. Mmmmm.X

pattied
01-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes Angela, you can always wax them. Unless you have real coarse hairs. I don't mind shaving at all. It's another feminine upkeep experience. However, I'm going to wax mine tonight. Kisses,

Waxing your legs requires that you allow the hair to grow to at least 1/4 inch in length... I am just too impatient, plus I love a nice sudsy bath... I make it a relaxing thing. :)

Karen43
01-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I just love to shave my legs, it is so femminine. I use the Venus razor and have excellent results.

ErikaLeigh
01-18-2006, 11:30 AM
It can be a pain sometimes (just shaved mine this morning) but the smooth sliky feeling of freshly shaved legs is worth it.

jenny c
01-18-2006, 11:43 AM
I don`t mind shaving my body at all i love the results but i must admit it can be a bit of a chore at times. i love to be able to restrict the growth a bit i have tried Hair minimising creams like surgi stop but with partial success. i am looking to have other treatments soon
With regards my legs i keep them smooth with a Babyliss Simply Smooth it is fantastic for keeping them really smooth and exfoiliates as well.

Shiny
01-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Those shaving bumps and rashes and the itching will go away if you shave on a regular basis. It's a hassle shaving but I have been doing it for over 20 years now and can't remember the feel of hairy legs. I don't have much body hair to begin with but don't like body hair anyway. Don't wait to get as hairy as a "gorilla" before you shave again (but it could be a matter of circumstance though). If you shave, shave every other day or so. This "tune up" shave only takes a couple minutes to get rid of the stubble and after a while you won't even notice the hassle anymore.

carend_99
01-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Because I only go out every three months or so, shaving isn't as big a deal for me as it is for some of you, but when I do go out and need to be hairless, I use NAIR. Not only do I think it does a better job than shaving (and lasts longer too) you also don't have to worry about nicks and cuts.

psdibe
01-18-2006, 10:34 PM
I began shaving a couple of years ago. I do it during the winter and stop early enough for the hair to grow back for the summer. Its great and very easy for me. i wish I could go all year with shaved legs. It would be great to go out with a skirt top and shandles and smooth taned legs. Anyway from my poit of view once you start is gets easier and easier.
PD

Deanna2
01-19-2006, 11:32 PM
I love shaving my legs and, as many have commented, the feeling of freshly shaved legs is heavenly.

It may be that you are shaving too quickly and/or not using a new blade. Leg shaving is something to be savoured, not rushed. You could try an electric razor to take off most of the hair and just tidy up with a safety razor.

You should also rub your legs with a moisturizer cream and that really makes them soft.

Brittney
01-19-2006, 11:58 PM
I actually like shaving my legs...I hate the time it takes, but i love feeling sexy doing it.

Darlena
01-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah. And once you get used to shaving your legs I want you to step into the final frontier....shaving the nether regions. Yep. The pubic area. Including the scrotum. (yech! I hate that word! Scrotum!) But you will thank me if you are successful.(not too many bandaids) Your panties will just glide like glossamer wings against your delicate skin. Like a baby's. Like when your mom gave you your first bath.(not that you'd remember) She used to sprinkle your bottom with talcum powder. And then she lovingly....I guess you get the point. Glad to be of help. You're welcome. Love & kisses,

Shelby
01-20-2006, 12:16 AM
I hate shaving, I ususally grow a beard - and no I have never gone cd in public. Well I have a theater show to do and I bought a sleeveless dress that also shows my cleavage and a leg. So naturally, I had to shave the chest and well while at it shave the whole torso (not that anyone will see that). Since is has a slightly low back, I have to contort myself to shave the backside of me (very tough). As I said this dress is sleeveless, so there goes the armpit hair and now about the leg hair. Ok shaving the armpits - ouch. How do you keep it from itching would be the best way to describe the feeling? Is there any lotion or moisturizure for that. Since I have always grown facial hair, it always comes in thick. When I shave my face, I could spend hours and I can still see a faint shadow. I have slightly dark arm hair, how do I hide that? I know girls don't shave their arms right? Finally the legs, I shaved portions before, but never the whole leg. I want to shave them for the show I'm doing for the full effect and since I'm in amongst the audience they well see my up close. My other dilema is that in a month, my family is going to Miss and Lousiana for a vacation (of all places) to see my brother before he leaves for Iraq (by the way they suggest to soldiers to shave their bodies as well for hygene). well the family plans on doing some swimming and I may have to wear shorts oh and I not offically a cd so I would prefer they didn't start asking me why I have no leg hair. I know I could wear a couple of layers of nylons and I will, but the feeling of soft smooth legs is alluring. If I knew my body hair would grow back in a month - no problem. Penny for your thoughts?

Shelby

pammiecd
01-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I've shaved a few times, all of them painful, and allways at the start of winter. I have a pool, and naturally wear shorts in the summer, and everyone knows I have hairy legs. I've always considered it a curse. I envy men who don't have a lot of hair on their legs. When I dress, I usually wear two pairs of pantyhose to try to hide it.

BethGG
01-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Waxing your legs requires that you allow the hair to grow to at least 1/4 inch in length... I am just too impatient, plus I love a nice sudsy bath... I make it a relaxing thing. :)
Yeah my boyfriend loves shaving his body but is annoyed at the actual act of having to shave. I suggested waxing but the thought of letting his hair get to 1/8-1/4 an inch makes his skin crawl :cheeky: As a GG, I actually didn't shave my legs for 10 years(my bf is way more femme then me hehe). Then I waxed for awhile, but the thing I don't like is that when it grows back it doesn't all grow at the same time(or at least mine doesn't) so you get patches of hair at various times. Plus the letting it grow part. I prefer to shave now.

I recommend using some type of exfoliating moisturizer afterwards, cuts down on the ingrown hairs/bumps! It might burn a bit at first but your skin gets used to it.

Petrina CD
01-25-2006, 12:01 AM
For some reason unknown to me , about ten years ago my legs just quit growing hair . I work in construction and on hot days you have to wear shorts. My legs are as bald as they come , smooth as silk . No one ever notices. Even when I make a lot of TV/CD jokes.

I'm lucky ,never had to shave,I just quit growing hair on my legs.

Petrina cd

Rita Knight
01-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Hi Gurlz,
You may think that I am into S&M by doing this, but it gives me good results. I epilate my arms and legs below the mid thighs. I do not find this painful. However, you had better do it every week, because it is quite painful if you are removing a full growth of male arm and leg hair. I also would not suggest doing this on the chest or undearms. The great thing about this is that you do not have razor stubble. What I find extremely painful is back waxing. I only do these things on areas that other people would see in public. :bs:

TaraB
01-27-2006, 03:20 PM
I look at it different i think. I love taking baths. LOVE!! warm water and relaxation is bliss to me. Shaving my legs just gives me an excuse to take a nice long bath ....so you guessed it....i like shaving my legs.

PennyAnne
01-27-2006, 03:36 PM
You might consider trying this. It's a unit that essentially pulls the hair our right to the roots. No, it isn't at all THAT painfull, especially after you have been using it for a while. The hair gets finer and pulls out much more easily. I bought mine from "The Sharper Image". About $60 or so as I recall.
The routine that works for me is to use it right at the beginning of the day,
and right after I shower.Before a shower seems to work too, so you pick.Make sure to use a lufa regularly in your shower. It keeps you from having ingrown hairs. After I shower I put on a good moisturizer. Sometimes I use whichhazel first, makeup, then moisturizer.
This way I don't have to do more than a light touch up and it lasts for three to four weeks. No stubble. The negative is that when the hairs begin to grow back, you must let them get to about 2mm before the emjoi will catch them. This means about two days of stubble. I do it again three days later and that is pretty much it for the month. The lufa and a daily moisturizer are essential to make sure you don't get ingrown hairs.
Works for me.
Penny

ERIKA1963
01-27-2006, 05:38 PM
I really don't think anyone enjoys it and there are alot of ways to do it you just have to expierment and see what works for you. I know my wife likes it when my legs are shaved. ERIKA1963 :o

Robyn2006
01-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Like a few have said here, Nair really works well for me. It's a Friday night thing, always the first thing I do before my weekend of fun. I use it for ALL my body hair removal. It's a tricky thing though, to time it right... Too little, and it doesn't get everything. Too much and it can burn like hell! 10 minutes seems to be just about right for me. [On another note, I have been recently removing all my body hair - you know, EVERYWHERE - and had the misfortune of getting a little Nair on my... uhm, little jewels. Afterwards, I discovered a new threshold of pain I did not know I was capable... Do not do this!]

I also really like the lasting effect of using my Emjoi cordless epilator. Although it does take a few drinks and a rather chatty inner-dialog to psych myself into doing it...

But regardless of the method used, there is NOTHING to compare with the feeling of having my legs the preverbal "silky smooth." For those of you that having yet experienced this, you don't know what you're missing!

Robyn

Sara Kat
01-28-2006, 08:11 PM
I don't mind it. It gives me some time to just soak and relax in the tub. It's not a very difficult thing to do.

Stormgirl
01-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Wish I could shave them but it would attract negative attention from other people oh hell I'll smoke them if they give me sh*t :p

MaylinJane
01-28-2006, 11:18 PM
I hate the time it takes to shave. I don't really mind the act of shaving my legs because for me it's just part of the female experience. I have found that all the different types of shaving creams and lotions are a big waste of money for me. I've been using suave's hair conditioner with aloe vera (I get it at my local dollar store) to shave with and it's worked wonders besides being alot cheaper. Even my wife has made the switch. No more razor burn, red bumps, and alot fewer nicks. That and hot water, as hot as I can stand.

May

janey
01-29-2006, 12:56 AM
I love using Nair because it's so fast and easy and it stays smooth longer then from shaving!

bobbie anne
01-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Sunday morning and just finished shaving my legs. It is a pain in the butt - but so much worth it once I pull my stockings on. What a wonderful feeling.BA

Joanna Maguire
01-29-2006, 07:22 PM
I used to hate shaving my legs. Always nicking or cutting somewhere each time I shave. Im a diabetic. The one advantage is that now the hair on my legs is no longer growing.

Kristina Marie
01-29-2006, 07:50 PM
I just shaved mine today. It's a pain sometimes, but i still love doing it. Makes me feel just right.

Wenda
01-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Shave my chest, bleach my arms, wax my legs. I still shave when I havent made the time to shave, but, since I first shaved, then waxed, my leg hair is not very robust. Love the smooth feeling, especially when I go to bed.

kristytv
01-29-2006, 10:25 PM
well, i am writing this post with half shaved legs , i ran out of hot water earlier and had to go out , so i waited for hot enough water to finish washign and off i went, and i will be seeign about places around me who do waxing