PDA

View Full Version : Good Guy AT&T

Aly Cat
06-28-2014, 12:36 PM
So going through some trainings today, I saw this. Very encouraging to say the least! Att is ranked in the top three diversified companies to work for in the country. So, for those of you ladies who want to be supported by a company in your diversity....here ya go!

Show your true colors and be proud!!

Rachel_B
06-28-2014, 12:56 PM
I think its good that more companies are getting more diverse in todays society. Macy's is another of those companies and its written in their code of conduct, you don't even have to be an employee to read it. A few weeks ago, I reached out to my local Victoria's Secret store and asked if it was possible if a male that wanted to work there and appear as a female and I was told that there was nothing against it. Its going to be a very long road that will take time but eventually more places will start to accept the more diverse people we have in the world.

Kim_Bitzflick
06-28-2014, 01:31 PM
My company has a non-discrimination policy that includes gender identity BUT It would depend on where you are and your position as to whether they would really let you present as you like. Let's face it, I work in a conservative place where my argyle socks get comments! Do you think I could really be protected from discrimination? It's a nice policy, but we all know that true acceptance is some places is not going to happen.

That being said, I applaud all of you who are making pathways for us all.

Aly Cat
06-28-2014, 02:15 PM
At&t feels very strongly on this topic and doesnt mess around. I have heard of reps reporting their managers for discriminating against those like us and they were literally gone the next day. Att stands up for total equality without compromise. It makes me proud to be a part of their family.

Beverley Sims
07-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Eva,
It seems like you are making the right decisions. :)

Tracii G
07-02-2014, 12:13 AM
I'm happy they see it that way.