PDA

View Full Version : So much for thinking!

Jamie Lynn
06-28-2014, 11:03 PM
As a preface, the only person that has seen me dress is my wife. I won't tell anyone else as I feel the repercussions concerning my job could be catastrophic. I do however like to dress outdoors if I get the chance knowing full well that I could get busted by someone. I've told myself that I'll just have to own it if it happens. That being said, here's what happened recently.

A couple of weeks ago I was setting up a large outdoor event (unrelated to my job) on the top of a big grassy hill. The weather was sunny and warm and as I was alone I decided to put on a red cami, white bra and forms, and a pair of white denim short shorts. I figured I'd would be able to hear anyone driving up as there is a freshly graveled road that wraps under this hill and it's the only access. I had a different pair of shorts and a t-shirt on the seat of my truck to change into in case I heard someone coming.

So I'd been working for a couple of hours and as I turned around to go to another spot, here's a jeep slowly coming straight at me about 50 yards away!!!! YIKES!! I didn't take into account that the wind had picked up and their car was quiet! Plus at that point they were on the grass anyway! Dang-it!!

All I could do was walk straight at them as they got closer until I could get my rig between me and them. THEN I went into full panic mode! I thought I could pull the cami and bra over the back of my head in one quick snatch but discovered THAT doesn't work very well! I finally got 'em off but had just enough time to throw them on the seat, grab the t-shirt and start to pull it on before the driver (who is a vendor that I have worked with in the past) came over and said "You don't need to change, it's plenty hot out here." To which I replied "That's OK", and finished pulling on the shirt. Lame reply but I was trying to slow the heart rate down! I had no choice but to leave the short shorts on.

His wife got out of the jeep without saying anything except "HI", and the three of us walked over to where they were going to set-up the next day. We discussed their layout and then they left without anything being said about my attire. Needless to say, it was another couple of hours before I changed back into the cami. I wasn't sure if someone else was going to sneak up on me! We interacted multiple times over the weekend without anything being said about the day before. Nor has anyone else said anything. YAY!

So......I know that I should have not panicked when they first saw me and I've berated myself for doing so. I keep thinking that I should have owned it right then and there. Hindsight says especially when they had no derogatory comments! How was I supposed know?! Too much thinking! Flawed at that!

Katey888
06-29-2014, 03:44 AM
Nice one Jamie! :D

I believe 'science' has now proven that gaydar is a measurable phenomenon - we obviously just need to work on our 'muggles radar' a bit more...

Would I be right in assuming that short-shorts are not fashionable for males at present in Oregon? I don't know why but I'm just gripped by images of the Village People but I don't think any of them wore shorts... :lol:

They were probably too busy thinking about their pitch to worry about your skimpy red vest or skimpy white short-shorts... Or maybe they're just polite folk and they had a whole evening pondering on your working attire...

Great story.. :)

Katey x

Teresa
06-29-2014, 04:29 AM
Jamie I don't know if you've caught my posts on reveals but I've been caught in a skirt and Tshirt by an unexpected commuter train when walking the dog. On another occasion I thought I was safe from other walkers but forgot about horse riders ! I was wearing a black bra and cami ,I just commented on how hot it was and I was wearing too many layers, she replied, " I can see that !" She nearly fell off her horse laughing, I just walked on and smiled !

Marcelle
06-29-2014, 04:49 AM
Hi Jamie Lynn.

I suppose when it comes to getting caught or others knowing then you have to certain you don't mind that information getting out. If you are going to own it and let others know you have to be prepared for the inevitable . . . others whom you may not want to know might find out as well. Like Katey, I am curious were the white shorts very femme or could they have gone both ways?

Hugs

Isha

Rhonda Darling
06-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Hahahahahaha. Whew!

Sounds like you ended up with the same sense of "wow, I'm still alive" we felt as young kids successfully surviving our first roller coaster. Nervous laugh, coupled with a profound sense of relief. My guess is that they were not focused on you and your outfit, but were engaged in their own chit chat. If they noticed you at all, their minds probably saw what they expected to see. Time will probably clarify whether or not they actually saw Jamie Lynn.

Don't let the experience deter you from doing it again.

Best,
Rhonda

Jamie Lynn
06-29-2014, 08:46 AM
I have read your posts Teresa, and have admired both you and Isha for your ability to keep your chin up and do as you wish even when faced with the unexpected! I know that if I'm going to be out in public, anywhere, that the probability of being seen goes up exponentially and I'll have to deal with anything that happens. I am thisclose to accepting that, but as you know, it's a matter of corralling the butterflies!

I suppose in certain circles they might be fashionable Katey, though I hadn't considered becoming a member of the Village People! Cracks me up!!

Isha, you asked if the shorts could go either way and now that I think about it, I suppose they could. (which feeds Kateys vision! Especially since I didn't have a wig on!) Hadn't thought that one through, either!

Megan Thomas
06-29-2014, 09:07 AM
I always thought Oregon was quite laid back and accepting of LGBT stuff? Depends on which neck of the woods you're in over there I guess...

Beverley Sims
07-02-2014, 12:17 AM
It may be too much thinking but discretion is the better part of valor.