PDA

View Full Version : Who was I kidding?

Donnagirl
06-30-2014, 06:49 AM
Been away from home now for eight days, five more to go... I thought easy, I can last that long. In the Aussie vernacular, it'll be a piece of piss.... My need to dress is not that strong... Hell, I lasted nearly three years from 2010 to 2013. Boy mode, macho stuff, smacking bad guys will easily distract me.... I'm in charge, I'm the boss... Ok so there's a higher on the phone, but tactical control is all mine. Or so I thought... The MIR (major incident room) has become my only domain. No being first through the door, no resistant restraint application, no non compliant arrest, no fun.... Coffee is plentiful, paperwork excessive... Not enough distraction... Not enough diversions.

The need to be 'me', the need to let Donna out to play is rising! I should be able to maintain the professional front. But....

NOOOO!!! I am really frustrated..... A bra will do... Anything.... Aghhhhhh!!!! I should have packed an emergency pack. I want heels, no I NEED heels, skirt, dress, boots - something!!!! Just a little lippy.... Swap you for a bulletproof vest and accoutrements.

Tried shopping on my own... Too nervous, too scared, overworked imagination picturing everyone pointing and sniggering.... (What a wimp I am). I need a shopping buddy to play the distractor.

It's going to be a long four days.... (Red wine is a poor and ineffective substitute...)

Amanda L.
06-30-2014, 07:11 AM
Hang in there bro (sis?...not sure what protocol to use here). I have bit of a dry spell coming up that will last a couple of weeks but I reckon it will be so much more enjoyable when I get to be Amanda again. I also think it doesn't hurt to have a moment to reset and focus on something different. This CD business can become a major distraction during the working day and I have to keep my head in the game as people rely on me to make decisions and drive the business. I can't allow Amanda to enter that world so she has to know her place and be patient. It's a lesson in self control after all.
Have we got the balls to exercise that control?
Cheers
Amanda

bridget thronton
06-30-2014, 10:02 AM
I shopped for myself in Geelong and did not have any major problems (even tried things on at Rivers)

Michelle (Oz)
06-30-2014, 10:05 AM
Tried shopping on my own... Too nervous, too scared, overworked imagination picturing everyone pointing and sniggering.... (What a wimp I am). I need a shopping buddy to play the distractor.
Not close to Canberra are you?

Donnagirl
06-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Canberra is home..... Flying back Friday afternoon. (And within the hour I will have slipped into something uncomfortable. )

A few deep breaths and I'll be right.... Got a long day ahead, plenty busy. With enough coffee and a one or two situations I can shout at, I'll make it.... Next time I'm packing that emergency kit...

Teresa
06-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Donna how could any self respecting Cder go without an emergency pack ? You realise you've just failed part 1 of the CDers survival course !

Stephanie Sometimes
06-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey Donna, you just experienced the opposite of the "Pink Fog" and many of us know it all too well. Maybe we should call it the "Blue Funk" or the "Drab Blues"?

You know the cure!
Hugs,
Steph

Marcelle
06-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Hi Donna,

I think I am about to feel your pain as I have been pinged for some time away in July and where I am going . . . well let's say short of sewing lace to my tactical body armour there will be no Isha time. Fortunately I will be quite busy (sneak and peek) over a six day period. Luckily three people in my team know about Isha so at least I can talk about her to others. Four and wakey for you sweetie . . . keep your eye on the prize.

Hugs

Isha

Emi_
06-30-2014, 08:42 PM
You sound more like you are bored. Idle hands and all that.

Amari
06-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Hi Donna,
I too work away from home and always pack a small bag for her self.
Being away is great for shopping - anonymity is almost 100% assured. Getting to shopping centres can require planning as I sometimes stay in some remote regional towns. In those situations I do not shop where I'm staying as the likelihood of fellow workers seeing you is high.
As for being afraid to shop, if you want fem gear enough you will do it. I just had to tough it out and behave like I was doing perfectly normal stuff while quaking with fear on the inside! I can now shop easily in the likes of Big W and Target (even coping quite well with delays at checkouts) but small speciality shops and boutiques are still too much of a challenge for me. Op shops can be fun to browse in as well if you can get to them when they are open.

Amari

Amari

Donnagirl
06-30-2014, 11:55 PM
Emi,

Bored.... I wish... Busy, really busy through the day. It's just those hours after dinner in the hotel room as I slowly drain a nice Barrossa Valley Cab Sav. For some reason that's when that switch in my clicks over and those familiar urges rise...

Beverley Sims
07-02-2014, 12:55 AM
Sounds like you are up in the snow on school holidays.

Get more guys to give their name and address into the breathalyser and see how many have a female voice.
That will help pass the time.

CrossJess
07-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Hang tight sweet, mind you after reading that im bloody glad im always in girls clothes, i mean dressing as a man for that lenth of time or any lenth of time would be my worst form of torture eeeek! Jeez no way id have to go out and buy something pink!