PDA

View Full Version : The Talk

Emma Beth
06-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I've been on here and I've had a lot happen and yet not much at the same time.

Right now, I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin' chairs.

Some big changes are in the works with moving and I am going to have "the talk" with my wife tonight after she gets home from work around 10.

My fingers are crossed and I'm hoping for the best and fearing the worst. I'm doing my best to let go of the fears, but that's easier said than done.

I talked to my sister, who knows about my dysphoria already, earlier and she helped my nerves a bit.

I know that I have a lot of catching up to do and I look forward to reconnecting with my sisters that I have gotten to know and getting to know anyone that's new.

Love,
Liz

dreamer_2.0
06-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Good luck with the talk tonight!

Emma Beth
06-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Thank you Dreamer. She clocks out at 9:30, so I have about an hour before she gets home.

Right now I feel strange. It feels like I'm in a dream of incredible clarity. I'm nervous and calm at the same time.

My fingers are still crossed, I'm hoping for the best, and I'm still trying not to let my fears get the better of me.

Liz

arbon
06-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Not fun! Its a tough thing to do, my heart goes out to you. Just be honest and let her process, you'll both need to figure out where to go from there.

Donna Joanne
06-30-2014, 09:47 PM
Hoping for the best for you, and good luck as you continue your journey!

PretzelGirl
06-30-2014, 10:39 PM
It is probably happening now. I wish I could channel extra strength to you. The best to both of you!

kimdl93
07-01-2014, 07:23 AM
i'm very interested in learning how this went. I am glad you felt a degree of clarity. I'm hoping for the best, as Sue said for both of you!

dreamer_2.0
07-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Curious here also. *knock knock* OP?

Emma Beth
07-02-2014, 04:49 AM
Thank you all for all the support.

Update:
I took the blunt route, and once I worked up the courage, I just told her. I was honest and I kept it short.

The jury is still out. I'm giving her the time she needs to process this new information. Once she's ready, we will talk a bit more in depth.

The signs do look promising. She's not repulsed by this at least. When we went to bed, she didn't give me the cold shoulder and refuse to touch me.
She still snuggles up to me and holds me like normal when we go to bed.

As a side note: I also had to come out to my parents and I spoke to my Dad yesterday morning and the response from him was very good.

As a result of all this forward movement, I feel like my progress is definitely on the way.

Whether or not it's with my wife is up in the air. One thing is for sure, I will have all the support from my family that I need to finally become the real Me.

Once I have more about my wife, I will keep everyone posted.

Love,
Liz