PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to you?

samantha rogers
07-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Yes, I am on HRT but do not expect to go full time anytime soon due to marriage and my family situation. To keep balance I only get to be completely myself once or twice a month. So I am an inbetweener and feel at home here as much as on the ts side.
Anyway, because of how things are I cannot review my wardrobe often, but I do love to shop. So when I do get the chance to dress I usually have a batch of new items to check out. Occasionally I find I have bought some item like a top or skirt only to discover I already had an identical one or something similar. Good thing I leave the tags on until I'm sure. Lol
Anyone else done this?

Simone_40
07-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Samantha,
My ex-wife kept receipts for everything, and she taught me to do as you. Now, that I'm on my own, I continue to keep the tags on and put the receipt in a File I named, 'Simone's Might-Wanna-Return-to-Store' Folder.:idontknow:

Kisses, :kiss:
Simone

Emi_
07-02-2014, 07:19 PM
That was a great way to show off that you're taking hormones and don;t pay attention when you're shopping!

kimdl93
07-02-2014, 07:35 PM
I have bought a couple of tops, early on, that turned out to be so similar as to be pretty redundant. I'm better at shopping with a style in mind now.

samantha rogers
07-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks, Emi. Its charming to meet you.
That was a great way to show off that you're taking hormones and don;t pay attention when you're shopping!

Zoe B
07-02-2014, 08:35 PM
I do love to shop. So when I do get the chance to dress I usually have a batch of new items to check out. Occasionally I find I have bought some item like a top or skirt only to discover I already had an identical one or something similar. Good thing I leave the tags on until I'm sure. Lol
Anyone else done this?

I think this has happened to most people at some time or another, it's happened to me when buying guy clothes never mind the jungle that is the female clothing department. In fact we have things here that need to go back right now. :)

DonnaCD68
07-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Been there...done that. More than once too.....must be the blonde highlights!! LOL! I've even bought dresses from two different places that are almost the same. I get a certain style/look in my head and just start looking and then purchasing. Shoes on the other hand I have a photographic memory of.

MelanieAnne
07-02-2014, 09:52 PM
If you bought it, you probably liked it. Keep the other one for backup, if you don't need the money. Years ago, I bought a pair of Mary Janes, with a cute little instep strap. They were so comfortable, cute, and easy to walk in. I was going to buy a second pair, but didn't for some reason. Now after ten years, they are finally shot and coming apart, and I could kick myself for not buying a second pair. I can't find anything similar anywhere. Now, when I find something I like, and it fits, and is comfortable, I run back and get another for backup. :heehee:

Beverley Sims
07-02-2014, 10:03 PM
I occasionally buy an item and put it away in the wardrobe only to have it lost for six months.

Sometimes I have bought similar styles. They eventually get worn.