PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a quandary!

Donnagirl
07-03-2014, 02:48 AM
My time here away from home nears an end and I will check out of the hotel tomorrow morning. Now I like this hotel. It is about 500 yards from the office and midway between the two is a nice club where I can get a good feed and a cold ale… The job here, although quite an anticlimax, is over with only some wash up activities planned for the coming month. I have probably spent a hundred days in this hotel over the past few years and will be back for another two week spell for the activities next month. I’m known by most staff who see me leave and return each morning in a suit, uniform or, on the rare occasion, full tactical rig.

Now the quandary… This state has a very active cross dresser support organisation and I just happen to be a financial member. This organisation has their 2014 Formal Ball, a 1920’s Great Gatsby extravaganza planned for the weekend in the middle of my next two week stint. That Ball is to be held in this very hotel!!!

Now I have been out dressed once… That took its toll on my nerves but certainly wet my appetite for more. I have made a commitment to pack that emergency kit, not ever going to go this long without a bra and heels again…

Could I possibly attend the ball??? Could I buy myself a ‘flapper’ dress or twenties ball gown and mix with the hundred or so other members of the organisation? It would be such fun, however they will all disappear the next day, whereas I will spend the next week donning a suit and tie and walking to the office past the same staff. Staff who will now know!!!!

Is that going to be too much for me? I’m torn between attending the ball or hiding in my room… (My SO is encouraging me to attend).

Sage counsel sought please…

PaulaQ
07-03-2014, 02:57 AM
You should go to the ball, no question about it. You'll have a lot of fun, and if you stay in your hotel room, you'll likely always regret the missed opportunity.

As for the hotel staff, they probably won't recognize you enfemme. Even if they do - who cares? I doubt you'll be the most unusual sight they've seen in their jobs with the hotel.

jaye_cd
07-03-2014, 03:14 AM
It sounds like an opportunity to not be missed! If you get cold feet in the middle of it all, you have your room upstairs to fall back to.

Katey888
07-03-2014, 03:34 AM
Donna,

I have a redder than scarlet ball gown hanging in my garage just longing for something like this... The temptation would be too much, even for me, I fear... :)

But to help you rationalise:
- Large hotel; lots of staff; multiple shifts; chance of them caring, or even noticing... slim to nothing...
- Opportunities for Jupiter to be aligned with Mars again before the next ball gets aligned with a further exorbitant use of Oz taxpayers money... ;) slim to nothing...

So if I'd do it... happily, firmly, comfortably, closeted me... what does that say...? :cheer:

Katey x

Marcelle
07-03-2014, 03:39 AM
Hi Donna . . . glad to hear you time is ending and you will get back to your lovely SO. I will be going away for a few weeks myself in July (wife none too pleased about the tasking).

I say go for it. If you are concerned about being identified by staff then just some tactical preparation prior. Check in "en boy" make some idle chit chat about doing some prep work prior to operations (within OPSEC obviously) and allow them to see you from time to time "en boy" but keep a slightly lower profile. On the night of bring out "Donna" and wait until there are a good number of CD gals in the hotel and just meld into the sea of others. Enjoy yourself and then the next day return to boy you. I doubt most staff would even put two and two and together having seen you in tactical rig and all.

This sounds like a great time . . . I am with your lovely wife on this one . . . go and enjoy.

Hugs

Isha

Robyn-aus
07-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Hi Donna Where abouts is the Formal ball at ? I dress when im away and try and stay where I can go out walking dressed Robyn

Rhonda Darling
07-03-2014, 04:42 AM
Donna. Find out whether the hotel corporate supports LGBT rights. Here, many hotel chains do, especially the Marriott corporation. I once reached out to their LGBT coordinator and expressed my concerns about being outed, or mistreated, or ridiculed, etc. I received assurances back that ALL staff had diversity training, that corporate would not tolerate any discrimination, that I'd be welcome and welcomed no matter how I presented, etc. the we 100% spot on. I arrived and checked in en femme, and alternated between fab and drab as my work role dictated. The hotel staff was excellent. They likei their jobs and they also know that the LGBT community has lots of money and a bad eruption can ruin a hotel's business.

Bottom line -- do it, and do so with confidence. I find talking to the hotel staff and having a good attitude and sense of humor puts them and me at ease.

Best,
Rhonda

Teresa
07-03-2014, 04:44 AM
Donna the thought of a "Flapper Dress" would clinch it for me ! Just what your slimmed down figure is made for !
From what you've said I thought you might have some problems with the work situation ?
As far as the hotel is concerned they get your money or the state's as a guest, besides hotels usually have a high staff turnover so someone seeing you today may not be there tomorrow !
If someone does think they recognise you just say your sister came over for the ball ! She got the broken nose because you sparred together as kids !!

stephNE
07-03-2014, 05:35 AM
Donna, I know it take some courage to go forth and do what you really want, but I have been dressing and going out for 30+ years. As I look back, I don't regret any thing that I did, but I do regret a number of thing that I could have done and let pass by. So you know the answer: you should go.

kimdl93
07-03-2014, 06:22 AM
Go for it. It seems the stars and your wife have aligned.

BLUE ORCHID
07-03-2014, 06:28 AM
Hi Donna, It sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place, If you don't go you will always regret it.

Wifeofdonna
07-03-2014, 07:17 AM
Please listen to them. You should go and have so much fun's with all CD in the ball. I don't want you to miss out Donna! I wanna to see you happy and enjoy's Donna. I know you are nervous and scared. When is over and you will be over the moon...

Hugs xo

Claire Cook
07-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Donna,

Definitely go for it! So what if the hotel staff recognizes you? You won't be the only CD there, and if you find a flapper dress (that would be so cool!) they may just say "Cool dress and cool that you had the guts to wear it." Nerves? Of course -- just think that you are a debutante -- debutantes are nervous too!

Stephanie47
07-03-2014, 09:17 AM
I'd be attending. I would not want to miss mingling with like minded individuals. If you're one of hundreds you're going to be lost in the crowd. If you're afraid of being recognized for the balance of your stay at the hotel, maybe you can rent a room at a neighboring hotel for the night in order to change into and undress for the event. It would be an added small expense, but, well worth putting your mind at ease.

MissTee
07-03-2014, 10:21 AM
While you are personally excited about it, I wouldn't feel worrying about what the hotel staff thinks or attending the ball/not attending the ball should be the chief concern. What's seems more the question is whether or not you are ready to be that "out." Likewise, are you and your family prepared to handle any fallout it if somehow word of your attendance made it back home?

Jaylyn
07-03-2014, 10:39 AM
As Isha says blend in after there are several gals already there. Sounds like a great opportunity to have some fun. Do any of the other office workers stay at the motel that you work with? If not then go for it just act like you are one of the group. The only way I would not go for it is if there are only two or three show up. If it's a crowd then have yourself a "Ball" and enjoy the night.

Debra Russell
07-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Not a pblm - just do it.............................Debra

Donnagirl
07-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Oh you fickle lot, wonderful, loveable but fickle lot. Where are the choruses of "No, don't do it!!! It's to dangerous!! It's to soon, think of the risk!!!! Everyone will point and snigger!!! Oh, the shame... Well, on your heads be it.;):o

I'm going... This Cinderella (or ugly sister more like) is off to her ball. :yahoo: Ticket is bought, eBay throughly surfed and several dress options identified with some ancillary purchases already made. The SO is planning the domestic shopping campaign, commencing within hours of my return... Credit cards to the high port, advance! Targets to your front, at the rapid rate, shop!

Get ye behind me you vile pink fog!!!!:devil::devil:

You have six weeks to ready yourselves for a photo barrage the likes of which have rarely been seen within these fine... em..web pages?

All jokes aside, I'm already nervous, excited and reticent all at once. Ohhhh the anticipation...

Standby for updates... Wait out.

samantha rogers
07-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Oh, I absolutely think you should go! If the hotel staff can't enjoy that as much as you something is wrong with them so who cares? It sounds like deliriously perfect timing to me. Have fun!
Sammie

Beverley Sims
07-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Donna,
Go for it.! :)

RADER
07-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Go and have a great time, take pictures please.
I wish I could go as well.
Rader

bridget thronton
07-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Good luck which ever path you choose

Sometimes Steffi
07-03-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm glad you decided to go.

I've gone to the Keystone Conference in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania for the last 3 years. I usually (but not always) check in en boy with boy credentials and check on en femme, and I'm en femme the whole time. The check in counter sees everyone both ways, and the food service and cleaning staff only see me one way. They're all very nice to us. Of course it helps that we fill 400 rooms.

DW
07-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Go for it!
I have been seen by many hotel staff, and I am a guy-in-a-dress. If I have no issues, you will be fine!
GO, Enjoy yourself!

Raychel
07-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Nervous or not, You would be missing an opportunity of a lifetime if you don't go.
You have to go, you will have a total blast.

donnalee
07-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Just ask yourself "What would Cinderella do?"

Amanda L.
07-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Cant wait to see the photos. I bet you will look hot

Zoe B
07-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Good for you, glad you decided to go, I bet you have a fantastic time.

Remember - No Regrets :)

Gocaps14
07-04-2014, 12:58 PM
I once worked in a hotel that hosted such an event, I was actually in charge of the event although I was closeted.....now THAT was a quandary! Anyway, we as a hotel staff were professional and would have never let a long term paying guest feel uncomfortable for something like crossdressing. What I am saying is that, at the very least the staff will treat you professionally. More than likely, they like you and want you to be happy, and to see you as a guest again! Go to the ball, enjoy yourself, I doubt any of the staff will say anything.