PDA

View Full Version : How good are you?

Kate Simmons
07-04-2014, 09:41 PM
How good do you think you are when you have the time and you've decided you are going to dress fully en femme? The amount of time it takes doesn't matter, I guess I'm asking just how efficient and focused are you when you have time to do it? As far as myself, I think I do a pretty good job since I've been doing this for years and years, Somewhere along the line the skills have to get pretty well honed, you know? I can pretty much do this with my eyes closed at this point.:battingeyelashes: The only thing I need is an idea of what I want to look like when I'm done. Sometimes I make adjustments along the way but the end result seems to be good enough to pass muster with most folks so I'm usually pretty happy with it. How do you fare in this regard?:)

Rachel Morley
07-04-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm confused, are you asking how good I feel I pass, or how good I feel my make up is? I think that my ability to do my make up seems to vary each time and I find that if I am less stressed or nervous it seems to go better, in fact, a glass of wine before I dress to go out (I rarely dress unless I am going out) seems to make me more confident and (unbelievably) I tend to go faster and make less mistakes with my make up. How good am I? .. I don't know, that's for others to say not me.

missVS
07-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Well I can say I am not as good as you as with everything in life practice makes perfect or at least better.I am 51 but missed many years of non CD life in between and than restarting something I love. It takes me about 2 hours to dress for a nice conversion. Shower or bath and body shaving. Than tight facial shaving, lotion than makeup which can take a while. Full makeup than I will put some forms on with bra to keep in place. Choose an outfit heels ,stockings than the hair issue wig etc. A lot of work and as with you I am sure gets easier with lots of doing it.

Kate Simmons
07-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Mostly how good of a job you feel you do Rachel. You pretty much answered it for yourself.:)

Emi_
07-04-2014, 10:26 PM
I am FABULOUS!

Seriously, it's not for me to judge how "good" I am. I can assess how satisfied I am with my look, but I'm not some deluded whack job thinking I'm the belle of the ball.

As for technical skiull, I am a professional makeup artist. I know my way around my MAC collection, but I'm always learning and growing and bettering myself.

Jaylyn
07-04-2014, 10:29 PM
I don't feel by any means that I am a professional at applying my makeup. I can and. Usually do the same type of end result every time. I tend to go over the top with to much eye shadow and usually to much lipstick, but I love that part so who am I trying to please. I don't go out so I can dress any way I feel. Sometimes sexy sometimes dressy. I feel proficient in the dressing part. My wife has taught me what matches and what doesn't. She just laughs when I am feeling in a Slu_ty mood and dress provacative. With my big fingers and age may not ever get the make up part down.

Beverley Sims
07-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Kate,
I would have to loved to have met you when we were twenty.

We probably would have scratched each others eyes out.

Oh! sorry, I am over thirty so I am much older than you.

Some of the polish has moved and sagged now and I probably am not as focused as I was.

If I make an effort for a night out I still try to impress as it is part of my act and that was hard to follow. :)

I still like to think I am good, never let the magic fade.

Alice_2014_B
07-04-2014, 10:45 PM
I feel that I fair well, but not really great.
I'm getting better with help from my wife and this forum.

missVS
07-04-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't feel by any means that I am a professional at applying my makeup. I can and. Usually do the same type of end result every time. I tend to go over the top with to much eye shadow and usually to much lipstick, but I love that part so who am I trying to please. I don't go out so I can dress any way I feel. Sometimes sexy sometimes dressy. I feel proficient in the dressing part. My wife has taught me what matches and what doesn't. She just laughs when I am feeling in a Slu_ty mood and dress provacative. With my big fingers and age may not ever get the make up part down.

I agree with Jaylyn I do not dress to go out in public so I am happy with what result I get. I did not have anybody to help me with makeup all I have done on my own and watching you tube videos and looking at different pics. My daughter 18 knows some but sometimes I show her stuff I have learned so really the learning experience has been gratifying and trying to achieve a better look each time.

Zoe B
07-04-2014, 10:51 PM
I am not sure how good I am.

I think I am pretty effective when I put the effort in. It can take me a while to do my make-up but I have had a lot less experience in that area.

Luckily my SO loves helping me in that area and I have picked up quite a few tips from the forum.

Wildaboutheels
07-04-2014, 10:56 PM
I don't really qualify but still...

I feel pretty "good" in that it never takes me more than a couple of minutes [really!] to dress in either "mode". My biggest "issue" when I dress is to tuck or not to tuck... my shirt... which might take an extra minute or two.

paulaprimo
07-04-2014, 11:06 PM
i think i do a pretty good job. unlike you though, i need to keep my eyes open, otherwise i might have a unibrow
and lipstick from earlobe to earlobe.
i am always happy with the end result as i don't stop until i am happy. if i'm already showerd and shaved, i can be ready in about 90 mins. but there has been times it has taken me over 3 hours to get it just right. :)

Tina G
07-05-2014, 12:58 AM
I'm not where i would like to be at this point but I'm working on the hurdle of the fear of what others think when i go out.. Getting my life stable right now and re filling my closet so that I can be me right now which takes time.. I've been out partially dressed, I just need to stop worrying what others think and enjoy being myself.

Tina

Adriana Moretti
07-05-2014, 02:01 AM
I think we are all our own worst critics ........

Kate Simmons
07-05-2014, 02:46 AM
While I always make the positive effort, I think I've gotten to the point where it's no big deal and "it is what it is" so I can have fun with it.;):)

AllieSF
07-05-2014, 02:55 AM
I do the best I have with the tools and expertise that I have and the base I have to work on. My makeup takes me about 15 minutes, with the whole process from shit, shower and no shave due to electrolysis about 1 1/2 hours. I am as happy as I can expect to be with the results that I obtain. If I am happy looking at myself one last time before leaving the house, I am happy all night. I only touch up my lipstick throughout the evening, combing my hair out when using the restroom.

Teresa
07-05-2014, 03:17 AM
Kate I don't treat as some great pampering session, I do it as if it was part of my normal day, the same goes for dressing ! I enjoy the being about part, besides if you have limited time and you're taking off almost as soon as you put it on, it feels a bit pointless !

How good am I ? Can't really say ! Just glad I don't have a talking mirror !!!