PDA

View Full Version : Trans Colors

Aly Cat
07-07-2014, 02:39 PM
So I just realized that the bracelet my son made me a while back that I wear religiously are the colors of the trans flag! I wonder if people around pick up on it lol. I'm sure they do since I'm on hormones and am a B cup, plus I wear makeup and my hair is getting long. Trans and proud! I'm sitting here reading reddit and happened to glace at my wrist. The lightbulb went on and I giggled at myself. My son is 10 so I know he didn't do it on purpose but I think it's totally awesome!

Does anyone else sport the trans colors on the daily?

Andy66
07-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Aw, your son gave you a friendship bracelet? Guess that means hes your little buddy. Thats awesome. :)

Sometimes I will wear those colors, or the rainbow. I have a really nice rainbow ring.

Aly Cat
07-07-2014, 03:40 PM
He makes all kinds of rubber band bracelets for people. He's a very crafty kid. Recently he's been doing all kinds of origami, but I wear this bracelet religiously. He lives an hour and a half away, so anything to make me feel closer to him, I do. I've been wearing it for like a month and only just realized that they were the colors of the trans flag lol. Shows how observant I am. I guess I was too focused on the bracelet as a gift to notice it's color patterns.

reb.femme
07-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Maybe just one word for your son......insightful :). Like a sixth sense.

Rebecca

Heather25
07-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Very nice Aly! Lucky you. I had no idea those were the trans colors either so thanks for the education.

On a non related topic - Love the name!

lisalove
07-07-2014, 08:25 PM
I used to wear one of those rubber braclettes that alot of people wear for whatever reason they wear them. Mine was pink, blue and white swurls that I found at Wally World. I wore for several years,but it eventually broke, and Wally World didn't have them anymore.
It took alot of searching but I finally found them on Ebay, so I bought one, well it didn't last too long as it broke after only a couple months.
IU'm going to buy one here pretty soon.
I don't know the reason why or what cause Wally World was selling them for, but when people asked me what mine was for, I'd always tell them it was for the transgendered community. I always got a good response and never any bad or discouraging responses.

NavyM2F_WAM
07-07-2014, 08:28 PM
There's a trans flag? I honestly didn't know that. If I can, I might try to incorporate those colors into my daily life.

Aly Cat
07-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Here is the TG flag. To me, it's a beautiful sight.
I told my roommate about my bracelet and he was like .... Oh, I thought that was why you wore it to begin with. He's very well educated in these matters apparently lol.

NavyM2F_WAM
07-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Wow. You look great! Thanks for posting the flag.

Beverley Sims
07-10-2014, 01:38 PM
I once wore a pink top and blue jeans.
Now I know why I was complimented on the choice of colours.

Aly Cat
07-10-2014, 05:42 PM
I've actually started making braided knot trans flag bracelets. When I finish one I'll post a picture for you all.

Tracii G
07-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Today I wore one pink earring and one blue one.Exact same colors as your bracelet.

Nadya
07-11-2014, 12:20 AM
I hadn't known that there were trans colors. I'll have to keep an eye out for that now. :)

Aly Cat
07-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Just about done with my bracelet! Ugh, my back hurts from bending over this thing!

Edit: FINISHED!

Ashley Wray
07-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Just wanted to mention you look very pretty, wish I could look as good as you! Have a good night!

mechamoose
07-13-2014, 01:02 AM
(Tap tap.... orders bumper stickers)

- MM

BLUE ORCHID
07-13-2014, 06:46 AM
Hi Aly, That's awesome that your son made that for you.

LelaK
07-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Do you pronounce Aly with long or short A? I know long A wouldn't go so well with Cat, but short A would usually be with two Ls. Right? My niece's name is Hallie, but is pronounced as long A instead of short. Rule breakers complicate everything. Don't they.

Anyway, could you show us your nails with both colors too? Like each nail with blue on the bottom and pink on top, or vice versa?

Oh, I found an image with pink over blue here:
http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/18540-Blue-And-Pink-Nails.jpg
and blue over pink here:
http://nailartdesignsidea.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pink-and-blue-nails.jpg
It's not as interesting as I'd hoped.

Now after looking at a bunch online, I think I like bright red the most, like here: http://doseofvitaminf.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Image-One.jpg

Aly Cat
07-13-2014, 07:26 PM
I pronounce my name with a short A. My name is Alyson which is why Aly only has 1 L. ;)

Funny enough, up until today, my nails were just blue. Then I was vacuuming out my car and messed one of them up. So I decided to paint that one pink! I wonder if my new hire training class tomorrow is going to know something is up? Meh, so what if they do. I've only got a week with em. :D I'm not exactly hiding it with all my bracelets and makeup and whatnot.

Badwolf
07-14-2014, 10:10 AM
haha going all out with the colors. I enjoy the colors too quite often, although not always as pastel as the flag.

NavyM2F_WAM
07-14-2014, 11:03 AM
Are there places where we can order items with those colors on them? I want to proudly show off my association!

mariehart
07-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Not sure what you call them over there but here they're called loom bands. It's the current fad amongst boys and girls. My five year old loves them. He made lots of bracelets and necklaces, handed them out to his little friends, his brother and Mother. He has on a necklace and several bracelets himself. Never offered me any though.

Aly Cat
07-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah, the original bracelet I posted was one of the loom bands. The one I made wasn't on a loom, it's a knot woven bracelet with thread. Those rubberband loom bracelets was all the rage a few months ago around here. Not so much anymore, at least for my kids.

mechamoose
07-14-2014, 02:33 PM
I found car stickers on Amazon

-MM

Aly Cat
07-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Not sure if this is in fact a trans sticker, but the colors are right for it. In the super small print, it was talking about preventing suicide. Didn't say anything about transgender. Who knows.

Jonithan
07-25-2014, 03:56 AM
Not to be rude, but the first thing I thought of was Miami Vice........

.......joni

Aly Cat
07-25-2014, 07:20 AM
Hahaha ya never know. Like I said, I wasn't sure if it truly was a T-flag or not. It's just the closest I've seen on a car. Oh, and ignore the license plate. I covered it with photo editing to keep it private (obviously). The funny thing is that the colors exactly match the bumper sticker! I wasn't planning that.