PDA

View Full Version : Fuller Lips

Karen43
01-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi girls, have any of you used lip plumpers? I need fuller lips and have seen ads for many different products. I would appreciate any recomendations or suggestions.

DanaJ
01-18-2006, 01:04 PM
The ones I have tried did nothing for me. I tried it myself, then got my makeup artist to try it on me, she saw no results either....

MarinaTwelve200
01-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Here is a way----seriously too, but its painful. Get a NEW MOUSETRAP----the SMALL snapping kind---(NOT a rat trap for obvious reasons)

Slip the wood part behind the lip and pull back on the bar by hand--as far as you dare---Then in a brave mood--let go of it--POP! Whack!---OWWWWW :eek:

Once on the upper lip and once on the bottom lip should suffice. Its effects will last a few hours.

Fortunately, my lips are full enough, not to take such desparate measures--but, hey if you gotta, you gotta----it DOES work, and is not really harmful, the mouse trap is not strong enough to do any REAL dammage.

You are welcome :D :rolleyes:

Michele
01-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Fortunately, my lips are full enough, not to take such desparate measures--but, hey if you gotta, you gotta----it DOES work, and is not really harmful, the mouse trap is not strong enough to do any REAL dammage.:rolleyes:

No any real damage? Ask the mouse about that! Haha no actually I am seriously interested in Lip Plumpers too.

Michele

Sharon
01-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Here is a way----seriously too, but its painful. Get a NEW MOUSETRAP----the SMALL snapping kind---(NOT a rat trap for obvious reasons)

Slip the wood part behind the lip and pull back on the bar by hand--as far as you dare---Then in a brave mood--let go of it--POP! Whack!---OWWWWW :eek:

Once on the upper lip and once on the bottom lip should suffice. Its effects will last a few hours.

The forum administration accepts no responsibility for ill effects resulting from advice given.

:bs:

Ranee Daze
01-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Those plumpers do work to a degree. The one from Carole Bakker works well and one I tried at Holt Renfrew, freeze or something really worked but spread some redness onto my upper lip.
Has anyone tried injections. I've heard that you can have saline solution injected and it lasts only a couple of days.

pattied
01-19-2006, 07:58 PM

Fortunately, my lips are full enough, not to take such desparate measures--but, hey if you gotta, you gotta----it DOES work, and is not really harmful, the mouse trap is not strong enough to do any REAL dammage.

You are welcome :D :rolleyes:

OMG I can not believe you recommended this. LOL:clap:

I would think that merely punching yourself might better do the trick, without having to buy the mouse trap.:bs:

MarinaTwelve200
01-19-2006, 10:49 PM
OMG I can not believe you recommended this. LOL:clap:

I would think that merely punching yourself might better do the trick, without having to buy the mouse trap.:bs:

Actually it exploits the same effect as punching---but in a more controlled manner.:D

Women have done a lot more painful things for the sake of "beauty".--- Need I even mention "peircing", etc?

Jamie M
01-20-2006, 06:44 AM
sorry , but none of the off the shelf products i tried ever had the slightest effect on me not even for an hour or two . nothing , nada , zip, bumpkiss.

as for cosmectic surgery , implants etc i suggest you do a quick google search for leslie ash and pete burns and see how horribly it can go wrong . it's not worth it girls much more can be accomplished with good make up

Julie York
01-20-2006, 11:46 AM
And I thought I was nuts.

Another good tip for long lasting eyeshadow is to smack yourself in the nose with a baseball bat. (Colours may vary.).

:D

vicky V
01-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks girls - - I needed a good laugh today.

love,

vicky v

elle_dee75
01-20-2006, 05:45 PM
And I thought I was nuts.

Another good tip for long lasting eyeshadow is to smack yourself in the nose with a baseball bat. (Colours may vary.).

:D
why not just go into a motorcycle clubhouse and diss them

Julie York
01-20-2006, 06:07 PM
why not just go into a motorcycle clubhouse and diss them

So big boy.....What's YOUR bra size?

SMACK!

OOh look! Midnight glow with violet highlights. (see Dana's Illustrated makeup lessons....No 32)

Karren H
01-20-2006, 10:02 PM
I use Dream Lips sold at CVS pharmacy. Although it advertised 40% increase id say its more like 20%. But they are fuller and plumper!!!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrenhutton/detail?.dir=c6b8&.dnm=dd98.jpg&.src=ph

Love Karren

ocxdresser
01-22-2006, 06:10 AM
This really works....and is far less painfull than previous posts....i bought a wine /bottle capper/vacum sealer...it contains one plug/bottle cap and one vacume pump...designed so you put the cap piece in the top of a bottle and them pump it with the pump which is a suction pump and removes all air....(which also has a one one check valve in it ...pinch to release) so i ..before lipstick application....put it on my lips in areas i want fuller then pump it just a couple times and leave it there stuck foe about 30 seconds....this effect lasts for about 4 hours and is not painfull...unless u pimp it too much which you would surely feel first.....i have modified the lip end of my cap so it now encompasses either full upper or full lower lip completely...it works perfectly....if interested in pics of device just let me know and ill try and post some ....good luck!!...total cost $12.00

WandaBra
01-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi girls, have any of you used lip plumpers? I need fuller lips and have seen ads for many different products. I would appreciate any recomendations or suggestions.

Try visiting http://www.lipaugmentation.com/lip_plumpers.htm for loads of reviews, esp. US products.
Also there is advice on 'home-brewed' ideas. I tried diluting cinnamon oil in almond oil, starting ultra-cautiously, but not even a tingle until I'd put 30 drops into 20 ml. Finally went up to 100 drops cinnamon oil in 20 ml almond oil - result: plenty of tingle, NO plumping!
So then I chopped up and mashed a red pepper (capsicum) and spread the juice on my lips. Boy did that sting! I feel it did produce some swelling - they feel a little swollen, plus the pepper makes them redder. The effect lasted only an hour or two, but hey - it's cheap! :bs:

Wanda Bradley

Toni
01-23-2006, 03:09 AM
My daughter gave me some lip plumper by Dior. She said it gave her lips like Mick Jagger. On me it did absolutely nothing at all!

Cathy Anderson
01-23-2006, 08:11 AM

1. Using simple lip balm or lip moisturizer might get you part way there :)

2. A subtle emotional or psychological adjustment might make lips fuller. Women's lips get more or less "pouty" (i.e., fuller) depending on, say, their sexual interest. It could be that this is a form of non-verbal communication, and that this is also why men find it attractive.

3. On the principle of "harm reduction" I offer a less strange alternative to the mousetrap solution--namely to suck on a glass for a few minutes, drawing blood into the lips.

Cathy

MarinaTwelve200
01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Here is another one I heard of--I am amazed I didnt remember it when I did the other posts. A few hundred years ago some women actually applied BEES to their lips----(You might have heard the term "Bee stung lips" in reference to the peculear "cupid's bow" look seen on women in the silent movie era.)----At one time the term was litteral. This may have an interesting effect IF you are NOT ALLERGIC to bee venom.----:D

jo_ann
01-26-2006, 08:08 PM
not only does that stuff burn, but it does feel like you just got punched when you have it on, but i guess it does plump them a bit (like a reverse preparation H). fortunately I have fairly plump lips already (not huge, but thicker than my wife's at least)

tara 24-7
01-26-2006, 08:35 PM
ouch marina, i,l give that a miss love, kisses tara xxxx

Wenda
01-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Has anyone tried injections. I've heard that you can have saline solution injected and it lasts only a couple of days.[/QUOTE]
Interesting, I have thought of this before, not only for lips but for breasts. In a former life, I was involved in the livestock show industry, where we were forever trying to stay ahead of the steer jockeys, who were constantly developing new ways to make livestock look better than how they were born. (sound familiar) To fill hollow areas, fitters would use a large syringe and inject sterile cooking oil, or, just air. Made me wonder if it wouldnt be as easy to inject saline solution into lips, breasts or whatever needed to be filled out. Anyone living in Denver, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, or Louisville should just go down to the barns during the stock show and be amazed at what these guys can do. Not ethical, but....