PDA

View Full Version : Did one of you prance through Baltimore's main mall (Townson Centre) last Saturday?

Jessica EnFemme
07-07-2014, 11:26 PM
I spotted a platinum-blond-wigged CD-er stumbling on high-heels in my city's main shopping mall, looking great in tasteful clothes and makeup, proudly walking down the main aisle and I wondered if I should approach her and thank her for being so brave. I didn't because I thought she might not want attention.

Whoever you are, thanks for venturing out on the weekends in the busiest shopping mall in the city and helping get people used to alternative lifestyles!

Eryn
07-08-2014, 12:20 AM
How can you be sure that it was a CDer?

Generally we do not approach people we think to be sisters in public unless we address and treat them exactly the same way we would a GG.

Emi_
07-08-2014, 04:06 AM
i never pranced through to or from anything. I also don't care for stumbling. So, not me. There are way more trans* people of all types out and about all over the place - you just don't always know it.

BLUE ORCHID
07-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Hi Jessica, You are libel to see anything at the Towson Town Mall, It's just fun to set and watch the people walking by.

CarlaWestin
07-08-2014, 07:03 AM
If she was on roller skates and walking a penguin it was me. I had some free time.

Jaylyn
07-08-2014, 07:34 AM
That's why we need the secret handshake to know who is and who's not. .... Lol really I don't think you should approach them other than call them mam or acknowledge they pass by treating them like a lady.

Eryn
07-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Well, we are the most secret secret society, to the point where we don't even acknowledge membership to each other!

When I'm out and about my mental state is that I'm part of mainstream society. Going out isn't a joke to me or a lark, but an expression of who I am. Having someone approach me, even with the best intentions, who asserts that I am not a part of the mainstream would be jarring.

2B Natasha
07-08-2014, 04:29 PM
So. Was she
A. Walking
B. Prancing
C. Stumbling

kimdl93
07-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Well, I don't prance and with rare exceptions don't stumble in heels, and I live in Houston, and dishwater blonde would describe my hair. Guess it wasn't me.

Jessica EnFemme
07-08-2014, 09:01 PM
So. Was she
A. Walking
B. Prancing
C. Stumbling

I guess stumbling and occasionally walking (she had 3 inch heels that were pencil-thin... much braver than I to attempt that). I mentioned prancing because she also seemed very confident and proud (again, much braver than I).

When I'm out and about my mental state is that I'm part of mainstream society. Going out isn't a joke to me or a lark, but an expression of who I am. Having someone approach me, even with the best intentions, who asserts that I am not a part of the mainstream would be jarring.
I agree, which is why I didn't acknowledge her, just looked down and ignored her like all strangers do walking through a mall. Still, part of me thinks if I were brave enough to venture in public, I might not mind a discrete thumbs-up from a fellow member. I don't know. I guess I was filled with happiness that she was able to do it without points and stares and that gives me huge confidence toward going out myself.

Connie.Marie
07-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Jessica,
It wasn't me but I would have complimented her on her cute shoes!

Hugs, Connie Marie

Kate Simmons
07-09-2014, 04:25 AM
If you find out who she is let me know. I'd love to learn how to prance through a Mall (or anywhere really). :battingeyelashes::)

Beverley Sims
07-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Jessica,
She has probably read this and is running a mile the other way in her shoes.

As you can see it was none of us. :)

On a serious note it is not the best idea to walk up and say you're busted.

It might really be a platinum blonde sex bomb. :)

Badwolf
07-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Wasn't me, but I'm glad she's inspiring!