PDA

View Full Version : How much time do you spend in femme?

jjmetro
07-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Previous to my divorce, I rarely dressed. Those times when i knew she would be gone for a while, and it was only undergarments/lingerie. Back then, It was purely sexual. These days, I just lounge around, in a dress or skirt and t-shirt. Now that I have the house to myself, I own a larger feminine wardrobe than I do male. I immediately change when I get home from work, and on the weekends I glue my breast forms on for the duration. I have actually declined going out, just so that I could stay home dressed. I love the feel of my forms, much more so when glued without a bra. I cant go to Wal-mart or Target without picking up a dress or panties, maybe a bra too. I know that this lifestyle would never be accepted by my friends or family, and have actually thought about leaving them all behind, to move somewhere where who I am becoming, however far I choose to take it, would be okay.

just wondering where everyone else that does this is at, and if I may be obsessing a bit.

JD

lingerieLiz
07-08-2014, 11:00 PM
I think that staying in and dressing can become a bad habit. It isolates you from others. Moving may be the best for you. I moved as soon as I got out of high school. Years later I found that many of the people who I thought would never accept me did.

Moving does not make you free to go out in fem. You have to make the same decisions as to who knows your alternate lifestyle. I've moved many times as I climbed corporate ladders. In each case I went through the agony of who or what I was or wanted to let out. Today most everyone has seen me wearing women's clothes and all. The interesting thing is that in two of the first places that I lived I found out that most everyone figured it out. That was years and years ago.

jjmetro
07-08-2014, 11:08 PM
It wouldn't be a generic move, more of a deliberate move to a place specifically more accomidating. Brazil, India, San Francisco, Boys town in chicago etc. Due to a motorcycle wreck, Im about to become independantly weathly, my father is about to pass, and my mother is very understanding though she doesnt know about this. With as many options as Im about to have, Im wondering if I should make my life this, or just keep it as a private thing that I do. I have a girl that I'm seeing here, and though she is very accepting of many things, in general conversation she has made it clear that this is not one of those things.

Rachel Morley
07-08-2014, 11:11 PM
IMHO I don't think you are obsessing, I think that what you describe is a fairly typical way a CDer who enjoys their CDing (without any guilt) goes about their business. Staying in at home can be just as rewarding as going out if you feel that's all you need. I think you should carry on doing what makes you happy. :)

To answer the question in the title of your post. It varies, but about 4 to 6 hours a time, 3 to 4 times a month (basically, once a week) ... unless its the month of June when I am going to different Pride events that either last all day or sometimes all weekend!

Adriana Moretti
07-09-2014, 12:01 AM
good for you...enjoy it..and have fun..you only live once right? It is great to be free ! I dress at least 2 or 3 nights a week, it would be more if i had my own apt again...i miss having my own place soooo bad and the freedom that went with it.

jjmetro
07-09-2014, 12:18 AM
I would say, I just feel comfortable. at home, its my sanctuary. my place to be how I want. though I would love for that to extend into the world.

heatherdress
07-09-2014, 12:51 AM
I am sorry about your father and suggest that you do not make any significant life-changing decisions until you get over both your divorce and your father's death. It is certainly understandable to begin planning a move to an area you can live openly in the life style you care to. There are many places you will fit in. Take some time to explore them. Don't stay locked in your home. Get out. It is much more fun to be dressed and be out and about. Go to a few crossdresser events if you have the money Beauty and the Beach in Delaware in November is a great week-long CDing experience. Also, Diva Las Vegas and a few others. Don't stay home if you don't have to. Take care of yourself. Good luck.

Amanda L.
07-09-2014, 03:59 AM
I don't do anything fem during the working week. I don't like to snatch short spells as I prefer to savour the longer experience when I can try different outfits and relax. So Friday and Saturday nights are the times I dress, usually 8 hours Friday night and 10 hours plus on Saturday (yes I have very late nights) sometimes going to bed when the sun comes up. Since I wear fem night clothes that extends it further. I might try to fit in a bit of girl time on Sunday morning depending on what I have planned.
I look forward to the opportunity to meet up with others and go out for a coffee and chat. I think it will be a real adrenaline rush
Amanda

Christen
07-09-2014, 04:15 AM
JD, this feels a little awkward but I'm going to give you my two cents worth anyway.
Be very careful about thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, going to some other country because your going to be accepted as a crossdressing male, I'd be surprised, very surprised. Spending too much time alone is not a good thing for anyone, please get out, join some groups with common interests, whatever they are. We all need social interaction, it is very important.
And given the amount of time you spend en femme, I wonder if you've ever considered discussing how you feel with a counsellor or therapist?

Oh, and I spend far too much time dressed, far too much.

Take care,
Christen x

Donna at times
07-09-2014, 04:54 AM
HI,
I seem to do the same pattern ,love when the wife goes out of town for the weekend!

stephNE
07-09-2014, 06:34 AM
The best answer is "not enough".
I wear panties and some jewelry every day, a bra and makeup a couple times a week, but I don't get to fully dress and go out more than about one a month.

Beverley Sims
07-09-2014, 08:05 AM
It varies between 50 and 70 percent of the time.

Danielle Gee
07-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Hello:
I would estimate that I dress approx. 50% of the time. I usually come home from work Friday afternoon, If I'm not doing a guy project I dress up right away. I then fem up that evening plus Sat and Sun. However I partially dress (bra and panties) every day. I also sleep in a nightie and forms every night.

Danielle

Jennifer in CO
07-09-2014, 08:47 AM
JJ,
you say you are seeing someone who makes it indirectly clear she would not be tolerant of what you do. But in the OP you indicate you are considering moving to be who you want to be. Thats an either or if ever there was one. If she's not accepting, then you aren't going to "be yourself" any time in the future now are you. If you choose the route with her, are you ready to hang up your heels? Sorry to hear it, but to me it sounds like you just might need to wait out the issues with your Father THEN make a decision.

Martha G
07-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Basically to costume parties.

But am going to start doing it around the house since it is only me there.

Why not since I enjoy it! And it makes me look and feel so much younger!

Badwolf
07-09-2014, 10:57 AM
It really varies. The more I spend time at home the more it goes towards 100%. I still have too much social stuff that requires I be male, plus I like some of them more in male mode that I'm happy to have my guy time a lot too.

shwana
07-09-2014, 11:56 AM
I don't get to dress as much as I wish. But at least one day a week

Aldoreeq
07-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Not enough, and I wish I could spend more time.

ArleneRaquel
07-09-2014, 12:08 PM
About 98% of the time.

Rachael Leigh
07-09-2014, 12:16 PM
If your talking clothes only about 50 percent but if your talking clothes makeup and the works, right now very little if at all

Aubrey
07-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Fully dressed once or twice a week, underdress 4-5 times a week.

wanda66
07-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Nightie or most every nite .4 days a week when I get home from work I dress , some times just panties and a house dress, may be twice a month full make up .panties 3or 4 days or none at all, mostly thongs.

cdterri
07-09-2014, 01:12 PM
I wear the clothes about 90% of the time

NANNETTE
07-09-2014, 01:51 PM
At the moment just once a month. I was lucky for a year and a half to dress up at least twice a week at weekends. At the moment I cannot do this due to personal circumstances. Whenever I do dress I do so from the afternoon until the early hours of the next morning. I spend most of the time in front of the mirror singing along to ballads by easy listening singers like Vicki Carr. I normally start off by singing along to "It Must Be Him" in a convincing female singing voice. Singing in front of the mirror to girly songs really makes me feel like a girl.

emma30
07-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Christen, well said! Good advice
Emmax

CynthiaD
07-09-2014, 02:58 PM
I dress male for work and for church, but femme otherwise. There are evenings when I'm just too tired to change, but not many of them. I have no male casual clothing, so I'm 100% en femme on weekends and days off, although much of my female wardrobe can be worn in stealth mode. A tee shirt is a tee shirt, even if it's size 18W. My jeans are all conspicuously feminine (embroidery up the legs, pink denim, etc.) but I wear them in stealth mode and nobody pays any attention. Of course, nobody seems to pay much attention either when I wear denim skirts with breast forms and a wig.

Katey888
07-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Once a month recently - and it's not enough... makes for a grumpy me... :angry:

And yes, you are probably obsessing a bit, but I think we tend to be that way...

Kinda goes with the territory... :)

Katey x

Zoe B
07-10-2014, 12:38 AM
Full dress only occasionally for various reasons. I would like to increase that a bit now vacation is here.

I usually end up wearing my favourite femme pants at home.

Eryn
07-10-2014, 12:50 AM
I usually go out en femme two or three evenings a week, occasionally for the full day. More often if my friends are doing interesting things, less often during lulls. Mimi and I were out all day today at an outlet mall. My feet are tired!

paulaprimo
07-10-2014, 12:56 AM
probably once and if i'm lucky twice a week. but still never enough!! :)

Ugly Michele
07-10-2014, 01:00 AM
about 75% of the time I am in female mode. I work as a male, rest of the time I am dressed, makeup only on days off.

CrossJess
07-10-2014, 07:02 AM
Well it all depends on how close you are to your family, I would never move away from mine even if I was a secrete cd because I'm close to my parents, trouble is at the same time you have to be happy and if that involves you moving away to become that then thats the way it is, I've never had that cd secrete from my family because I've been dressing like a girl from a very young age and I hate secretes I'm a blabber mouth I could never keep that in hehe.

I've always let my heart rule my head where cross dressing is concerned, had I not done so from a young age I would of been a very unhappy guy and living a life I didn't want. crossdressing really is my world because it's made me who I am it makes me very happy that's why I dress like "all the time" I don't own any guy clothes at all!

Mollyanne
07-10-2014, 07:09 AM
I underdress (bra, pantyhose, panties and heels) almost everyday especially when I do house chores. Oh yes, I also wear female jeans and a top. Very little make-up and feel very natural when I am this way.

Molly

Felicia Dee
07-10-2014, 08:16 AM
If I worked out an average, I'd say 2, maybe 3 times a month... but it's kind of an erratic activity for me. Except for one night this week where I was trying out a couple of makeup tricks, I haven't dressed at all in almost a month. On the other hand, after I started dressing again, I dressed every weekend. Prior to January, it had been over a decade - not counting a few instances of underdressing - since the last time I dressed and that was back when I was living full time en femme... *shrugs*

autera24
09-01-2014, 02:30 AM
2 hours per month

charlenesomeone
09-01-2014, 03:15 AM
Under Dress 24/7.
Try to outerdress each day if only for a little time.

Marcelle
09-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Hi JD,

Isha ebbs and flows and for the most part we coexist on a 20(girl)/80(boy) percentage.

Hugs

Isha

Renee Elise
09-01-2014, 09:00 AM
I usually dress when the opportunity arises after work or on the weekends. Sometimes I might not feel my inner lady for a few weeks if I'm working on something intensively at the job or a side project at the house. Usually after a long day I'm fairly spent and find the preparation a bit daunting...on the other hand seeing myself as Renee looks and feels so nice...always an incentive to be en femme.

LeannS
09-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Right now it is a little in the afternoon and on weekends but we have family coming for a wedding and its going to be a long 3 weeks.

find other people that you can visit on have fun with in Texas it is a big state.

Leann

Crissy Kay
09-01-2014, 09:42 AM
For me, it is mainly on weekends, though I do a little on weekdays. I spend two or three hours at a time dressed up, at any one time.

JocelynRenee
09-01-2014, 10:01 AM
JD, before making big life decisions consider the recent events in your life may have contributed to a large swing in your thinking. Perhaps given some time the pendulum may swing a bit the other way. Wait until you feel some equilibrium before making these decisions. Then if you feel changes are in order get out and find some like-minded friends and consider sharing the authentic you with friends and family. You say you "know" they would not be accepting, but until you tell them you really don't know. Sometimes people's capacity to love surprises. At least give them the opportunity before moving on.

Oh, and for me I go out en femme most weekends and some evenings after work. The test of the time I present as male. Well, a shaved guy with shaped brows and painted nails.

Danielle_cder
09-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Only fully dun up on the Weekend. Will wear forms everyday (after work) n glue em on for the weekends. If I'm not wearing my forms my wife will ask no boobies?

im-sparkles
09-01-2014, 02:17 PM
I keep my toenails painted and wear panties 24-7-365. Other than thatevery night in 3/4 dress and full dress on weekends

Kris Avery
09-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Only fully dun up on the Weekend. Will wear forms everyday (after work) n glue em on for the weekends. If I'm not wearing my forms my wife will ask no boobies?

Love at comment..I get that too. When the kids are around I have to wait until bedtime.
I love to wake up to them :o

Julie 29
09-01-2014, 03:03 PM
I usually in femme 3 to 4 times a month. On the weekends. If it wasn't for work I would be in femme way more.

Julie

GinaD
09-01-2014, 11:55 PM
I've been 24/7/365 for quite some time. It took awhile but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

Fi Evo
09-02-2014, 06:41 AM
Not enough, but do get the occasional full day, like today :)

BLUE ORCHID
09-02-2014, 06:44 AM
I dress for about three hours in the morning and a couple hours in the evening everyday.

Anna H
09-02-2014, 06:46 AM
Always! but sometimes i look a bit more "guy-ish" on purpose....
so i don't know if that counts. lol!

:)

shelly1
09-02-2014, 09:01 AM
I only get to dress about 3-4 times a week when I am at home and my wife is at work

bridget thronton
09-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Most of the time (not at work and not often out close to home)

Alexis Jade (AJ)
09-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Unfortunately very minimal. I have two really good friends and my sister who know I dress. Thankfully I'm visiting one of those good friends in Maryland in October and she is going to push me into the world as a woman...I'm anxious but nervous too!

lexivanderpump
09-02-2014, 11:28 PM
JD,

You are not obsessing if it is what you want to do and be.

I have to do all of my dressing up at night when the children are sleeping or when my wife takes the kids out for periods at a time.
It drives me nuts, because I wish I could ALWAYS dress en femme.

Love,
Lexi V.

PaulaQ
09-03-2014, 12:57 AM
100% of the time. I'd rather die than pretend to be a man again.

partymon1
09-03-2014, 01:21 AM
Not Enough!

AshleyT
09-03-2014, 03:35 AM
very little as im still living at home. if i had my own place id wear alot more + im still in the closet about it

Janice An
09-03-2014, 04:32 AM
As much as I can !! I am wearing something fem 99.9% of the time.

Claire Cook
09-03-2014, 06:23 AM
JJ,

I wish I could offer you some advice, but I'm not good at that sort of thing. My experience is that those whom I've come out to have been tolerant, if not supportive, and they have made my life much more comfortable. Moving sounds like a major decision, and as Cristen said may not be the answer.

How often do I dress? As much as I can, usually for several hours a day but sometimes (like yesterday) all day out and about. But I'm semi-retired, have a very supportive wife and tolerant neighbors, so I guess I'm lucky.

Dianne S
09-03-2014, 06:27 AM
I always wear at least one article of female clothing. I present as feminine maybe 15% of the time. My goal is to increase that to 100%.

sometimes_miss
09-03-2014, 07:08 AM
Pretty much any time at home and I'm in girl clothes. Just feels normal to me, so it's more comfortable. It's being dressed as a guy that feels like a costume.

wisecracker30
09-03-2014, 07:58 AM
I wear my clothes at night. Wife and kids enjoy seeing me that way.