PDA

View Full Version : Finger Trouble

Jenny Elwood
07-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Hi

I've done a search and couldn't find anything recent on the topic so here goes.

I've run across the rumours of a certain first lady maybe not being quite the lady she's portrayed as. (Definitely not my country, at last count the first to the seventh lady were all married to our President and I'm sure there must be a lady amongst there somewhere). One of the proofs they have is as follows and relates to what is called the digit ratio (look it up on Wikipedia if you like):

On a man the ring finger is typically longer than the index finger.

On a woman the index finger is normally the same length or longer than the ring finger.

Obviously I had the obligatory look at my own hands and, low and behold, I have woman's hands! (according to their criteria anyway). (See attached photo). Now on the Wikipedia site mention is made of a higher incidence of transsexualism in the case of a digit ratio above 1 (index longer than ring or IF/RF>1). I don't identify as being TS but, obvious from me being on this site, I am a crossdresser so definitely somewhere on the TG scale.

So here's the question: Does your hands identify you as leaning towards TG/TS or is this theory just hogwash?

chanie
07-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Interesting. I have heard of this idea in some birds but not in humans before.

Georgia_Maine
07-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Hmm. Left hand: ring and index fingers are the same length. Right hand: ring finger is shorter than the index finger. Where does that put me??

Tracii G
07-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Finger length between males and females vary a lot so not an absolute indication of anything.

Nadine Spirit
07-09-2014, 09:45 AM
I think the key word is "typically." Thus not everyone.

Beverley Sims
07-09-2014, 09:45 AM
No it may not be hogwash, I think it may be hooey.

My ring finger is shorter than my index finger.

Do you need to know the length of other extremities of my body?

I know one that does not have a feminine trait. :)

Bria
07-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Ring finger longer than the index finger on both hand!! Go figure!

Hugs Bria

Jenny Elwood
07-09-2014, 10:01 AM
No Beverley we prefer to discuss SUBSTANTIAL topics on this forum.

Nadine Spirit
07-09-2014, 10:14 AM
The second toe on women is generally longer as well. Have you, like me, began examining other people's toes? Yeah, lots of people don't fit any supposed norms.

Kate Simmons
07-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Whatever the case my index and ring fingers are the same length. You decide I guess. I can be either myself. :battingeyelashes::)

2B Natasha
07-09-2014, 11:12 AM
So Jenny.

You get the crazy peoples news there also. Joan Rivers IS crazy and not really funny either. More of a ME ME ME person. If want to make a slanderous remark about Michelle Obama. At least have the guts to say her name. Think your all smarty panties by saying " A certain first lady " You leave our first lady out of stuff and I'll leave your country out also.

Lorileah
07-09-2014, 11:17 AM
this has been posted here many many times. The answer is always the same, wishful thinking TGs who say they have the fingers of a woman. This is not a 100% thing, many people have fingers of different length. Total Hogwash Myth busted

Badwolf
07-09-2014, 01:07 PM
While the myth may be true, that's not the issue. When people "gender" other people they rarely look at such subtle differences like finger length.

The fact that that by itself isn't reliable enough means even the more perceptive normally won't consciously notice. Meaning there is no real benefit.

Jenny Elwood
07-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Hi Natasha

Feel free to poke fun at my country any time, we the citizens of this Banana Republic do it all the time. In fact, it is regarded a national pastime by anyone intelligent enough not to vote for the ruling party.

So you find the idea that your first lady may be a transsexual slanderous? Sounds to me like you may be offending more people on this forum than me, it is after all a forum for TS's and the like!

As concerns your first lady, I just used it as an intro, did not mean to offend anyone and that's why I did not mention any names.

Apologies to those who reckon this has been covered before, I could not find anything meaningful on the subject in past posts.

kaylyn
07-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Both hands the ring finger is shorter than the index, makes sense lol haha I've got girl hands!!!

Zylia
07-09-2014, 02:33 PM
The whole digit ratio thing is controversial to say the least. Within the MTF transgender community, those with low ratios (<1) are typically the greatest opponents.

Another interesting fact: if your index finger is longer than your middle finger, you're probably a werewolf. (source (http://darksites.com/souls/vampires/angelxxuan/werewolf4.html))