PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Baldies!

Martha G
07-09-2014, 09:09 AM
How many of you are like me? A baldy!

I have only a little gray fringe around my head and when I dress, I look so much younger. Now you know why I like to dress up!

Just wondering?

Alexis.j
07-09-2014, 09:31 AM
My hair started falling out just after school. .. if only I started hormones then... I would of at least saved it. But there is nothing that will change that now, so I keep it polished, and wear wigs...
I never liked the look of a balding head, thus I keep it clean.

Nadine Spirit
07-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Yup, I am losing it. It is pretty sparse up top so I keep it buzzed cut. And yes I love the look my wig gives me, though I wish I could grow it out like I had it in my teens!

On a side note, did any of you read the post here by a GG where within it she said that being bald is something like socially unacceptable and caused people to point and stare at you. My wife and I still talk about that. Oh and I so scare those little children with my freakish balding head! Hahahahah...

Beverley Sims
07-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Hormone treatment in my twenties is one suggestion that I still have a good head of hair.

cdterri
07-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Bald on top hair on sides, don't like wigs but found out fem. hats work very well

Donnagirl
07-09-2014, 11:30 AM
I've been shaving the little that remains for about 15 or so years...

Julie Denier
07-09-2014, 12:20 PM
My once-vibrant follicular civilization is rapidly fading ;)

Roberta Young
07-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Cue balls have more hair than Me. Hugs Roberta

Patty
07-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Just a ring around the head. Keep it shaved.

Cheryl Ann Owens
07-09-2014, 02:09 PM
I so wish I had the thick head of hair of my early 20's. (1970's) Back then I could have grown it out but being around conservative family and friends, no way. Today I could blind people with my bald spot and the sun shining just right.

This reminds me of a woman several years ago who worked in a state government agency many years ago. She chose to buzz cut her hair to about 1/2" long. A co-worker who lost her hair due to cancer treatments filed a complaint for whatever reason. The gal was reprimanded. Go figure.

Cheryl

Ilsa
07-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Next time you're all dolled up and your caught by your SO explain to her that you look so much better this way than you would with a toupee, a bow tie and trousers!:battingeyelashes:

CynthiaD
07-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Bald as an egg on top, with a grey fringe around the edge, which I keep in a buzz cut. Oddly enough, women seem to like it that way. I don't. Hence the wig.

I started going grey when I was 25. A friend told me that I should be happy about that, because if your hair goes grey, it doesn't fall out. Yet another urban myth bites the dust.

Ilsa
07-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Virility, genetics, headboards, acid rain and hats are some others, though I'd like to think that virility had some major truth to it!

Ina Girdle
07-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Gotta love being over 50..... No hair where I want it, (on top, bald since my early 30's) and all kinds everywhere you don't want it.

ina

Brandi Lesalle
07-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Balding...but it seems more like a migration to other places on my body...d'oh

Melissa_59
07-09-2014, 04:23 PM
When I was young I had a head full of hair that barbers hated because it was so thick. Then the Follicle War started, and the hair started retreating (cowards!!!!) When it got so that it looked like I had just a band of hair around the back of my head from ear to ear, I surrendered and started shaving my head.

Wigs are nice. So is sunshine. Either way, I can be a redhead again with very little difficulty! :)

~Mel

LeannS
07-09-2014, 07:05 PM
If only we could get those darn hairs to retreat where they need to be on top and not everywhere else.
Yea I am one of those that could scare kids at the pool and still wear a hat as not to sunburn the head.
If only wishes where fishes !!

Leann

Genny B
07-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Remember Friar Tuck's hair in Robin Hood? I see it every morning... The circle does keep enlarging too!

Genny B

Alana
07-09-2014, 08:11 PM
OMG.. I knew I'd like it here.. I've been follically challenged since my mid 20's.. My sister in law told me years ago, "Don't worry about that, God made only so many perfect heads, the rest she covered with hair.." :) But the worst sunburn ever, oh my..

MelanieAnne
07-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Look at the bright side. You can save the cost of a wig cap. :D

Jilmac
07-09-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't have much on the dome but that %&$#* nose and ear hair grows like weeds.

Alice Torn
07-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Natures practical joke on men. What was on top done went plum down...on my back.

erickka
07-10-2014, 05:24 AM
Me too Alice! Shaving the back so I can wear these low neckline summer tops (without looking like some type of primate) gets to be a real pain!

DAVIDA
07-10-2014, 06:27 AM
I have the same problem.
When others hair was turning color, mine was turning loose.:doh:

CrossJess
07-10-2014, 08:02 AM
I have a bald patch on the top left of my head where I had major surgery some years ago, I keep my hair long as in shoulder length and it covers it up nicely if I had a short hair then it would stand out a mile, this is why I also wear a lot of head scarfs and bows in my hair or have my hair up with hair clips because I don't want people seeing my scars I get embarrassed by it, other than that I'm lucky I still have a full head of hair, because my dad and my brothers are all bald, the only one to keep his hair in our family is my grandad my dad's dad and had a full thatch until he died at 86 so I'm hopping I got his genes to keep my hair, I look like my grandad so I can only hope:)... I love my hair

Felicia Dee
07-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Like all the guys in my family, I became folically challenged in my early 20s. Fortunately - according to my SO and if you believe Hollywood, a clean, bald head is "in" and "hot." Thankfully, I have a nicely shaped skull and can pull it off... MEH. Whatever. It is what is...

lisablack44
07-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Early age marriage, Business worries, gender confusion... I had the monk look by 24.
I have been shaving it all ever since

Gardener
07-10-2014, 12:25 PM
One of nature's tricks. Hair all over but little on the head! So cruel.

iGenny
07-10-2014, 06:09 PM
My hairline started moving back shortly after high school. I like to think I was looking more and more distinguished!

Dena
07-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Me too, on the plus side though, I walked under a bird that was relieving itself one day... it didn't get in my hair!

mspaulasue
07-11-2014, 05:11 AM
Losing more by the day, it seems. Yet it grows very well in 2 places these days - my nose and ears.

BLUE ORCHID
07-11-2014, 07:37 AM
Hi Martha, I still have a full head of hair but I keep it cut to a conservative male haircut so it doesn't show while wearing a wig:daydreaming:

~Joanne~
07-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Fortunately mine is shaved by choice. I have never been a fan of hair for as long as I can remember. The up side is that the wigs go on easier and look betterr then when the time comes,the hair is gone again ;)

Stephanie47
07-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Even if I had more hair than the fringe around the edges I would wear a wig. I've always loved long hair on women. My grey curly shoulder length wig complements my age.

Luciana Vitale
07-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Hello!!!! Part of the club....since very young...now all shaved
[

BeccaClark
07-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Ever since about Jr High, I've had a "bald spot" right in the middle where the top of my head meets the back of my head. I always thought it was just where my hair parted, but since i've graduated, my hairs been getting thinner and thinner, and my forehead hairline keeps receding. Its really annoying since I'm only 22. I plan to get a hair transplant eventually, but who knows, I may just become a full baldie haha.

KaceyR
07-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Yup...bald here too. My front hairline started going in reverse in late 20's...
So I've shaved the rest off fully for the last...decade+...(now 48).
It'd been awhile since I saw where it was at.. So for 2 weeks recently I let it grow w/o shaving.
Well.. Still receded...but not only that the rest is 70% grey. :(
So it's back to the smooth style again :)

And have the same...migrated to nose, ears, and back. So silly to grow there....

Kitty215
07-12-2014, 11:01 PM
The top going is easy enough to take care of with shaving or other alternatives. How do you take care of the shoulder and back hair though? Shave? Wax?

Donnagirl
07-12-2014, 11:11 PM
By the sounds of it I'm luckier than most... As I said before, I've got very little on my head and shave what's left, but I've got none at all on chest, back, shoulders. I've practically none on my arms and legs and ears and nose are clear as well.

Much as I would love golden flowing locks, I'm glad I don't have to wax!!!

Majella St Gerard
07-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Bald and proud, I do not wear a wig when "dressed", only on Halloween. I'm the bald sexy man in a dress.

Tammy Lynn Tx
07-13-2014, 08:37 PM
At 57 I'm mostly Grey and starting to get thin up top. I'm growing out my hair one last time as a promise to a friend that I will donate it to Locks of Love in her name. Then I will more than likely start keeping it shorter (much,much) until I have the Friar look then it all comes off. Now if I ould just get the hair on my back, in my ears and nose to stop growing I would be one of the happiest guys in a dress here. ( no low cut blouses or backless dresses for me)

Laura J
07-14-2014, 02:55 AM
I started losing my hair before I was 20. I now have a nice bald spot... Ah well, makes wigs easier I guess.

Sarasometimes
07-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Ina Girdle, I'm with you, little where I want it and much where I don't. I think one of the reasons I started to publicly CD was so I could continue to go to salons for hair services once mine was to sparse. I loved getting my hair done and tried many services. Henna, every conditioning treatment, then perms (I loved the early '80's!) Now the only way i can get anything beyond a men's trim is with a human hair wig!

Stephanie Julianna
07-14-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm one of those people with a perfect head. I'm a living wig block. It's perfect for wearing a wig. The down side is that since I am naturally air cooled I cannot wear a wig in warm weather. In the cooler weather I love my wigs. And with these new mesh wigs, they blend beautifully when they can sit flush on my perfect head. Just yesterday my granddaughter said she thinks I would look ugly with hair, she likes me bald. If she only knew.

GwenB
07-14-2014, 08:43 AM
quite a contrast, I shave my head. But I agree. it does make the wigs fit perfectly.

flatlander_48
07-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Not bald, but the train is goin' South, particularly in the last 5 years (60 to 65). If it is true that the trait skips a generation and is on the Mother's side, my maternal grandfather lost 90% of his hair between 25 and 30. I suppose it is good that I have hung in as long as I have.

The looking younger thing is interesting. I had not realized it until I bought a wig at the end of last year. Makes a LOT of difference...

Samantha Clark
07-14-2014, 11:56 AM
[chimes in] here too. Male pattern baldness followed by hair loss :D. Luckily my wife loves bald men so I keep what is left very short (measured in Angstroms no doubt!).

KiwiKate
07-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Receding hair line since I was 15.Has been the bane of my existence ! The first time I took the plunge and got a number 1 shave was very freeing.I prefer bald over a comb over but it would be nice to have a full head of hair though,sigh.

Krystenw
07-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Yep, I used to have hair down past my shoulder blades and my wife insisted that I keep it in a perm so it would fit better under a surgical cap. Then about 20 years ago when my bangs wouldn't cover my forehead she shaved it all off and bought me a wig.

DeeDeeB
07-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Wore my hair shoulder length or longer into my 30s. Now I shave it back so the grey doesn't show under my wigs. Ain't getting older great?

Dee :fairy1:

Tammy Lynn Tx
07-15-2014, 09:48 PM
When my Mom was diagnosed with cancer in the late 90's I cut my hair off to make her feel better if she lost hers due to the chemo and radiation. JOke was doubly on me... she never lost her hair and since I have a good sized belly people would ask if they could rub the Budaahs belly for luck. I started growing it back and only need 3 hair cuts a year. I have been growing it again for a bit over a year to donate to Locks of Love in a good friends name.

The only reason my wife doesn't like me bald is I look just like my Dad. :D

Eringirl
07-16-2014, 01:21 PM
I was cursed with very fine hair and started Male pattern baldness when I was 40 or so. So, got the Friar tuck thing going on, as some else referred to. But it did make wearing a wig much easier !! ;)

Teresa
07-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Sorry Martha I'm a bit thin on top bit in my sixties it's still growing like mad at the sides and back !

RitaJanelle1964
07-30-2014, 09:51 PM
I can have a full head of hair if I choose to, but I started shaving my head in the late '90s for several reasons. For sheer comfort while wearing wigs is one reason, the ease of maintenance is another, but I also have a fetish for bald women, so it's only natural that I'd want to look like one as well, whenever I want to.

Tinasworld2
07-31-2014, 08:06 PM
When dressing adding wig is final step for me and it is amazing the what a difference the final touch makes.

trishacd
08-01-2014, 07:14 AM
You can at least stop your hairloss until you get a transplant.Go to a transplant surgeon and he will prescribe finasteride.No since in losi ny more hair.

Jodeeuk
08-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Im 48 and when I was a kid ( a old school British Punk Rocker) bleaching my hair is something I would do ever since I was a teen, so it took its toll on my follicles, so for the last 10 years I've shaved my head completely, I cant stand guys who cant let go of what little hair they have left, comb overs etc, what the hell give it up shave it off.

noeleena
08-02-2014, 02:21 AM
Hi,

As a female , and with out hair,

would not have been a look any woman would wont yet theres quite a few of us with out hair main reason being cancer and then those on chemo and a few with hair lose due to hormones and changes in thier life , then the normal male /female patten hair lose due to family history and we have that ,

as it is i dont have any hair and im not at all bothered as my photo shows i wear my head wear and of many different colours and styles and like a turbin style ,

Those who know me and my background are so used to me nothing is said ,
And what i like is no bad hair days ever......and i just love that,,,,

...noeleena...

Tina B.
08-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Yes I'm a baldy, but it could be worse, having dressed all my life, I had a great head of hair in my youth, and loved wearing it long, The seventies where great for men with long hair, and I could curl it and do all kinds of wonderful hair do's. Now it's a wig collection, never go with out one, but then hair has stopped growing on most of the rest of my body too, so it's not such a bad trade off. Now if the beard and ears would just stop growing haair, I'd have it made.

xoMindyxo
08-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Bladness runs in my family, and I didn't escape it. :( I used to have a nice head of hair back in the day. I started to get a pretty well defined bald spot to the point where I just said screw it and just shaved it all off. Might as well speed up the inevitable ! LOL On the other hand, it makes wearing a wig a lot easier ? ;)

joeb145
08-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Im going bald! Gonna shave it one of these days!

willow-the-wisp
08-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Answering the call
and getting in line with the rest of you
small tuft(which I keep saying I'll shave) at the front and ring of
grey back and sides which I keep rather long. Long enough at the
back to get a pigtail in with a elastic band.

typhoidmary
08-02-2014, 02:19 PM
my mum always kept telling me I had the same hairline as my half uncle who by now is balder than bald. my hairline is a bit receded but it looks a lot more like my dad's, he has sort of a widow's peak but it's been there a long time by now. also mine hasn't really changed in a good few years by now so I'm hoping it stays that way, I love my long hair and I don't think I could deal with wearing a wig, even wearing hats irritates the crap out of me.