PDA

View Full Version : The effect of social conditioning

Zoe B
07-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I was just taking some things to the basement storage in our condo unit and had to share the elevator with a child and parent. All nice and polite, we get out of the elevator and I hear the little voice of innocence 'Mama that boy is wearing girl's shoes....' :D

I admit she was staring at my feet the entire elevator ride :)

You have to love the directness of it all, have others had our younger people do the same?

Badwolf
07-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Nope at least not within earshot but I do get some looks.

Princess Grandpa
07-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Every Thursday I take one of my granddaughters to the park. Frequently a child will stop and ask "why are your nails painted?" I will answer "because I like it". That is usually the end of the discussion. Last week I overheard two children talking. "Did you see that guy? The one with his nails painted. He's got a cool case. He can bring his phone in the water. The phone case being much more interesting than the nail polish.

Hug
Rita

devida
07-09-2014, 08:19 PM
I wear my long hair up with a hair tie most of the time. It is kind of a feminine look although I notice it is quite common in samurai movies. The last time my at the time 3 year old granddaughter visited she noted we both wore our hair the same way. She painted a picture of me and of her male and female friends, all of whom she showed with the same top knots and declared that everyone in her picture were girls.

Beverley Sims
07-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Quite often get sprung.
Kids say the darnedest things. :)