PDA

View Full Version : Lady's Day Discounts

Algoma
07-09-2014, 05:21 PM
I drove past my local car wash today and they had a big sign out. "Today is "Lady's Day" Half off all car washes." For a moment I thought about going home to change and take advantage of the deal. But I had just paid full price the day before and they know my car. Any way it did get me thinking, Dressing for a discount, :heehee:

My question is who out there has dressed to take advantage of "Lady's Day or Night discounts? At bars, carwashes, anywhere and did it work? Algoma

Kate Simmons
07-09-2014, 09:24 PM
I sometimes get a "senior discount" but never thought of a "senior dressing discount". Hey it should be worth something to go through all the prep, right?:heehee::)

Persephone
07-10-2014, 02:32 AM
I've been going to a laser center en femme and they have been giving me the women's price for their services, aroound half of what they charge men (who generally have thicker hair and require more work).

In general, California law doesn't allow for gender based discounts so the carwashes around here don't offer "Ladies Day" and the like.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Miss Trudy
07-10-2014, 05:31 AM
I have never actually gone out of my way to dress to get a "Ladies Day" discount however I won't turn one down either! :)

Kate, you know I used to get so mad at local restaurants and the like where all those "mature" patrons would wonder where their senior discount was. Back when I turned 50 and joined AARP I also got a card and membership for my "wife". Now no issues when they ask to see my AARP card, I just show them Trudy's!

Jodi
07-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Several years ago there was a popular bar/club in my area that would advertise "Friday night--those wearing high heels get 1/2 price drinks". They discontinued the practice when more and more guys began showing up in heels.

Jodi

Martha G
07-10-2014, 11:39 AM
I always use my senior discount.

Have never tried a ladies day discount.

Would be fun but daring and maybe dangerous.

Beverley Sims
07-10-2014, 12:29 PM
My girlfriends used to "smuggle" me in to bars for half priced drinks.
I only drank orange juice so there was not much advantage except that I was all girl all the time. :)

Leslie Langford
07-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Isn't it funny how the GG's - and especially the feminists - never shout "Discrimination!" when it comes to female-centric gender-based perks and discounts such as "Ladies' Nights" that they are able to take advantage of... ;)

Algoma
07-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Several years ago there was a popular bar/club in my area that would advertise "Friday night--those wearing high heels get 1/2 price drinks". They discontinued the practice when more and more guys began showing up in heels.

Jodi

Did they have a minium heel hieght? Or type, stilitos vs block heels.

MissJoanne
07-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Just to digress slightly, a bar in Ireland offered a special for the World Cup game on Tuesday: 50 cents off a pint every time Germany score. The price started at 4 Euro, and they honoured the offer, apparently losing a fortune in the process....

Eryn
07-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Well, probably between the 5th and 7th goals they were getting pretty close to their cost!

Every once in a while some company does something dumb along this line. A service station chain played a "name game" where they gave you a letter and if you spelled your name you received a prize. They thought that they could limit the number of prizes by limiting the number of vowels they distributed. They forgot that, on the west coast, "Ng" is a common name.

I've never tried for a ladies' discount, but then again California views most such discounts as discrimination. I do know of one case where women are charged more for the same service: Dry cleaners.

Jodi
07-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Did they have a minium heel hieght? Or type, stilitos vs block heels.

Not that I can remember.

Jodi

Badwolf
07-11-2014, 01:03 PM
I haven't seen many other than bars, and most straight bars aren't particularly the best places for us to go en femme.

Since I'm only out to a very select few people, I haven't really even had a group to go with.