PDA

View Full Version : any advise?

jjmetro
07-10-2014, 04:00 PM
so I've been reading and researching a ton, and decided I'm going to see a therapist. Not just for gender related issues, but with the insanely traumatic 2 years I've had. Def want to find one that is experienced with gender issues as well, since I do want to discuss this. Any advise on finding one in the Dallas area? What to look for, what questions to ask, etc?

kimdl93
07-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Check with the transgender resource group in Dallas.

heatherdress
07-10-2014, 05:01 PM
You are doing the right thing. Find a good one and make sure you feel comfortable with her or him. It is good to have help with traumatic issues. We all need help in tough times. Good luck.

jjmetro
07-10-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm def thinking with me its more than crossdressing. Its not necessarily about the clothes for me. Bras are just a means for holding the breast forms on days I don't glue them on, and like today, they are glued, no bra, and a light loose t-shirt. I like the feel of having breasts, the weight and movement, and wish the rest of me went along with it. The clothes are pretty, but for me its about what they go on. I would much rather be a naked woman than a dressed male. not sure if that says anything or not.

Beverley Sims
07-11-2014, 11:52 AM
I can only say you have made a wise decision.