PDA

View Full Version : Interesting and fun day out.

EmilyS
07-11-2014, 04:50 AM
I had an interesting and fun day out yesterday.

The weather was wonderful in Connecticut and since I am home alone for the week I decided to finally go out to the mall during daylight hours. I've gone at night before but until yesterday I did not have the courage. In fact up until leaving work I really wasn't sure if I was going to do so. However I got inspiration as I was headed home.

On the way home I stopped at a local Kmart to pickup some new clip-on earrings. As I walked down one aisle I spotted, from behind an very tall well dressed woman. Me being me I was immediately looking at her long legs, high heels and skirt. Then as I got closer I panned my view up and she had very broad shoulders. After watching her for a short time I realized she was like me, a crossdresser. She was very well dressed with very well done makeup. She did walk around a bit nervously. I decided not to make her nervous so I just left after my quick observation. Nevertheless seeing someone else out ended any thoughts of me not going out in the daylight. So I say thank you to this person.

I got home, ironed my clothes, got dressed and put on my makeup and wig. I've gotten pretty good at makeup now. I've learned contouring which has given me a very passable look. I chose to wear denim leggings, a sky blue fitted top and some black flats. I put my hair up in a pony tail. When I looked in the mirror I just smiled. I drove to a nearby mall and walked in with confidence. Nobody that I noticed batted an eye. I browsed stores for quite some time. By the end I needed to use a restroom and used the closest ladies room. As I left the ladies room a young sales associate walked in, acknowledged me with a nod and a smile. That topped off the nice afternoon. I browsed a bit more and spotted some nice tops that I'm going to buy today or tomorrow.

I am looking forward to Saturday when I head out for most of the day. :)

Emily

kimdl93
07-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Sometimes we just need a a good example. I'm glad your found yours. Now the whole world is yours to enjoy!

Jamie Lynn
07-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Sounds like a refreshing and confidence inspiring day!!

Beverley Sims
07-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Emily,
sometimes you see someone out that leads you to do things spontaneously.
Look forward to Saturday.

Kate Simmons
07-11-2014, 11:45 AM
"Move 'em up and head 'em out" I always say. Or was that John Wayne? :battingeyelashes::)

EmilyS
07-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Thank you all for your wonderful responses. It was an awesome day and I look forward to tomorrow. I already painted my nails to match my new lacy flats and new peach top I got at Kohl's today.

Heidi, thanks for the reminder on restrooms. It is a small and quite old mall. Not very up to date with facilities, so my choice was limited. I had hoped to not have to use a restroom but I was having such a good time and stayed longer than anticipated. Tomorrow I'm off to a newer and larger mall and have already noted the family restrooms on the mall map.

I'm hoping to try on clothes for hours. I've never tried on clothes en femme so that makes me a bit nervous.

Time for a beauty sleep. Goodnight all. :)

Emily

Carmen
07-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Emily that is a great post!
I can feel your confidence through your words.
Looks like you have a 'passing attitude'.
Congrats on your shopping trip and trips to come.
Carmen

EmilyS
07-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Just a small update. I went to the Natick Mall in Massachusetts this afternoon. The mall is so huge with so many shops. I had a great time. I had numerous sales associates ask me if I needed any help. This was the first time I had to speak to someone else while en femme. Every encounter went well although one SA caught be by surprise in the lingerie section when she approached me from behind at Nordstrom's and my voice came out a bit awkwardly. C'est la vie. Nobody gave me a second look except one teenage girl who smiled at me, then took a second look and smiled again.

By the way the mall was too hot.

Emily

Stephanie Sometimes
07-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Great story Emily, congratulations on getting out there. It's all about confidence and attitude, that's a lot of what makes going out successful. Of course confidence comes from preparation and that's what you obviously did, you practiced your dressing and makeup to a level that you felt was presentable. Sounds like you had some great outings. Thanks for sharing and hope you have many more to come.
Hugs,
Stephanie

BLUE ORCHID
07-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Hi Emily, You are out there now there's no holding you back now.