PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Wearing heels as a gurl

Ashley Wray
07-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Hello all,

I went out today and got some advice from a guy friend he said I was passable but something about the way I walked in my heels said guy. I'm very happy on the passable part and no one even noticed I wasn't a girl but my friend said if they took a second look when I walked that you could tell something wasn't quite right. So I'm asking for any advice on how to improve this or things I can practice? I look forward to the advice!

flatlander_48
07-12-2014, 06:55 PM
There are videos on YouTube...

hope springs
07-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Use the search function. There is a very detailed post on this forum how to walk like a woman, comlete with morpholgical differences in hip width and stride length. Good stuff

docrobbysherry
07-12-2014, 07:08 PM
We can't show u here. Simply practice in a mirror. Walk by, toward, and away from it. You should quickly see what your tells r!

Then? It's just a matter of remembering and practice!

Amanda L.
07-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Observe and practice. Its quite easy really. Shorten your gait, heel first, pretend your walking along a line (one foot in front of the other) and don't rush. Also straight back and shoulders. You need to carry yourself fluidly.
Its a bit like learning a golf swing
Amanda

Wildaboutheels
07-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Sorry but it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN unless you have the hips and arms of a female, despite what many here are going to tell you. You can improve though but if you do it badly it will only make you look foolish. They walk the way they walk so they won't fall down!

Want proof?

http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/webgl_walker/webgl_walker.php

The coolest thing is that you can spin it.

Badwolf
07-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Pretty cool, but I can say I had to practice and did get better.

Plus that render has quite a few issues. For one on full female mode the right hand goes through the hip sometimes.

Focus on posture, definitely keep your feet closer together. Arms also tend to angle out a bit for women. It helps the arms clear with a narrower shoulder to hip ratio.

You'll never fall into the most feminine range of motion, but you can definitely make for better movements. Especially comfort in heels can make a big difference if you're going to wear them.

Sorry but it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN unless you have the hips and arms of a female, despite what many here are going to tell you. You can improve though but if you do it badly it will only make you look foolish. They walk the way they walk so they won't fall down!

Want proof?

http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/webgl_walker/webgl_walker.php

The coolest thing is that you can spin it.

Badwolf
07-12-2014, 08:32 PM
In terms of getting comfortable in heels. Stand on one foot in them and try to wiggle your other foot behind you. It'll help you start to get your balance if you don't have it, and get certain muscles used to acting in ways they aren't used to.

Traditional way to get a big variety of movements is to try to write the alphabet.

Edyta_C
07-12-2014, 08:39 PM
It is difficult to mimic a GG's gait. There is a significant difference in the pelvis between guys and gals. But you can stop walking like a guy! You may not be a super sexy female in your walk, but not all gals have it either. Your feet need to stay closer together during walking. The steps need to be much shorter. Don't adopt the "catwalk" style of allowing your lifted foot to cross over the foot with weight on it. Just close to a straight line drawn between the feet.
Edy

Ashley Wray
07-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Thank you to all who gave some great advice and tips I know I will never walk like a GG but the least noticeable the better no sense in working the wig make up outfits shoes and then first time in public you are spotted in 10 seconds might as well turn around and go home.

Badwolf
07-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Agreed Ashley.

Also I'd like to say that you can walk like a GG, just not the most quintessentially feminine one. I see plenty of women out there that are worse in heels than I am. They wobble half their steps.

Wildaboutheels
07-12-2014, 11:03 PM
One of the things you want to be specially wary of is your shoulders and head rocking side to side. It becomes very obvious in the Bio demo simply by sliding the male/female slider full scale. Also make sure to spin it to 90 degrees. [sideways] BIG difference in lean of the neck and head!

Tracii G
07-13-2014, 01:06 AM
Just wear lower heels or flats no sense in quitting dressing up and going out.
Most people aren't going to pay attention to you anyway so no need to worry.
Some people are going to know you are a man right off no matter how good you think you pass.

BLUE ORCHID
07-13-2014, 06:42 AM
Hi Ashley, Just Google walking in heels.

joanna4
07-13-2014, 06:47 AM
Practice, practice, practice. I was the same and its possible to better yourself.

Beverley Sims
07-13-2014, 12:25 PM
I think it is get the walk right.
Start with low heels and work your way up.

Adriana Moretti
07-13-2014, 02:14 PM
loosen up too...have a drink...relax a bit....and wear your heels around the house

Ressie
07-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Walking in heels is one of my biggest fears of dressing in public. I think a pair of flats that fit comfortably would be the way to go in most situations.

I read erroneous advice once that you should land on the toe first. Then I recently watched a vid on youtube where the GG said heel first except when walking on stairs. Walking on stairs has to be the most difficult. But last night I watched a woman on rather high heels walk gracefully on an uneven surface. I was impressed!

Some good advice here. I would not try to do the model runway walk of one foot in front of the other. Well, you can try it for fun, but not many women have that gait in real life. Leaning forward when walking is uber masculine, but slightly leaning back would take some practice to used to. Watch the youtube vids and watch women walk in real life. If possible, get video footage of yourself walking in heels and critique yourself.

If all else fails, maybe a GG hip replacement?

Joni T
07-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Guys walk from the knees. Girls walk from the hips.
Joni

Kyrianna
07-13-2014, 04:24 PM
I am still new to heels, however, I have learned a few things...some are already posted below so i will not repeat them but here are My 2 cents:

On Stairs... Hold the railing and angle your body...it makes so much easier.

If you are going to drive make sure you practice in an empty lot before you out on the street. it takes a bit of getting used to. It also helps to practice getting in and out of the car...watch your head!
Kyrianna

Badwolf
07-14-2014, 01:08 AM
The toe first thing is kind of over said too. Almost no girl walks with the toe landing first. Especially with heels it can feel like it only because the way the heels places your foot, but even then watch most GG's, the heel lands shortly before in most cases.

As someone else said there are a few expect ions (like stairs).

Samanthasmith
07-22-2014, 10:59 AM
I am still working on it. I might have to check out the Youtube video.

NicoleScott
07-22-2014, 11:13 AM
I had no trouble walking in high heels and thought I had the walk nailed. That is, until I took a video of my walk. It wasn't as feminine as I wanted, and I knew I needed improvement. Sure, men and women may be built differently, but improvements can be made. Video your own walk - it allows you to see yourself in a way the mirror cannot give you.

suchacutie
07-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Walking in heels is not identical to walking as a GG. I walk in heels a lot as it has turned out that it is therapy for my back. I've noticed that if I'm not alert when I put them on in the morning, and I walk mostly as a guy, my ankles get tired very fast. Once I start leading with my hips (almost as if dancing) the motion settles out and it's much more fluid.

Lastly, don't underestimate the positive help that strong abs bring to walking in heels. Just the act of tightening your abs gives batter posture and a smoother gait.

But it does take practice, and I agree there is nothing like having a video to critique!

Jennifer_Ph
07-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Don't look at your feet. Just sayin'

Darlylong
07-22-2014, 05:06 PM
When I first put them on it hurt and was awkward, but they looked so nice I just wore them anyhow. After a bit I was really surprised to find I was walking in them normally and fine. /I really enjoy them.

lpjamey
07-22-2014, 06:43 PM
The first time I put on 4" heels I couldn't make it a half hour, in a very short time I was up to 4 hours. Now I'm working on 6" heels and I love them these heels are amazing. I truly wish that I could
wear them all of the time but some dick would make a issue of them. It's only shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley Wray
07-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks again to all who replied. I got some really good info and links to help out!

Teresa
07-23-2014, 03:37 PM
We all know most girls will walk different to a guy especially when their hips are much wider, but it's not always the case, some long legged narrow hipped girls walk more like a guy , in fact some find it hard to walk in heels !
My point is we probably overdo the walk, if you wear heels regularly and check your walk you'll find it doesn't look too bad.

natcrys
07-23-2014, 04:01 PM
I disagree with WAH that just because men and women have different builds.. a man cannot walk in a very feminine way. Sure, a computer analysis of movement with sensors all over the body of the test subject might reveal whether that body is male or female.. but fortunately, we humans are not computers! :p

Look at the drag queens,.. over the top.. but not more or less than the average female catwalk model. Look at the difference between women from Northern/Scandinavian and Southern/Mediterranean Europe. I've heard my Spanish and Italians friends say that Dutch women walk like men!

So, watch a lot of YouTube movies.. there are lots of tutorials, but also just videos of women walking in high heels.

Next, film yourself! Ask a friend or use a tripod and film yourself walking to and away from the camera.. and also film yourself from the side. Be honest.. and keep practicing! It will take months to perhaps years to get it to the level where you can get away with it. :)

Oh.. and lastly.. have fun.. because heels are the best thing ever! :D