PDA

View Full Version : Farmer's Tan and Crossdressing

jjjjohanne
07-13-2014, 06:44 AM
This summer, I have earned for myself a glorious example of a farmer's tan. Everything that is normally covered by a T-shirt on my upper body is about as pale as white skin can get! But my neck and head are rather well tanned. I will never be able to wear my pretty tops if I do not fix this! I'm going to have to get a dickey to wear under anything that is not a turtleneck. :(

Joey

Jaclyn
07-13-2014, 06:58 AM
I go tanning which solves the farmers tan problem. I only go every once in awhile, just so I have a nice base.

Laura J
07-13-2014, 07:02 AM
At least you tan, I just burn :sad:

donnalee
07-13-2014, 07:31 AM
Try a tank-top or a muscle shirt for daytime wear, or put some sunscreen on the tanned areas and tell people you have a sensitive skin that burns easily (I do).

Maria 60
07-13-2014, 07:45 AM
The tan on my legs almost looks like I am wearing stockings, it really look amazing.

Launa
07-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Get a can of that spray on tan to help blend everything

UNDERDRESSER
07-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Hate farmer tan, always have. I don't need to be super smooth and nut brown, but a gradual all over toning works. It takes a lot of careful work for me. I'm getting to a more or less acceptable look for the first time in a long while, Yay!

Get some basic moisturiser with at least an SPF 15 and use that every morning on your face and lower arms, keep that from getting too brown. It's a good idea from the skin cancer point of view anyway. I found a Vaseline intensive care one that was on sale recently. Super cheap.

On the subject of tanning and skin cancer, the Doctors in Australia are doing a re-think, and advising people to get out a little, and regularly. Their view is the big risk is to people who stay lilly white then accidentally get blistered. Also being outside is great from the point of view of Vitamin D and mental health.

Sharon B.
07-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Have that farmers tan also.

Wildaboutheels
07-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Well if it's any consolation to you, it seems to be SOP in the P&V gallery. At least half of the pics showing arms or legs have them. FT SCREAMS "man" here in Florida at least. I have a feeling most showing such pics never leave their homes dressed.

Rachel Morley
07-13-2014, 11:38 AM
I don 't spend much time outside as I work in a office every day and I never lay out and purposely try to get a tan, but nevertheless, living in California I still end up getting my lower arms being darker than my upper arms and shoulders. All I do is just use a good qualify self tanning product on those areas that are paler then I can wear sun dresses without it showing too much. My lower arms are still darker than everywhere else but it's not that noticeable.

Beverley Sims
07-13-2014, 12:13 PM
I usually get my solutions out of a bottle, sorta works for me.

Amy Fakley
07-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Ugh, yeah I got myself a nice high-contrast male-pattern suntan/burn over the july 4th weekend, too.
I'm basically glow in the dark, if I take off my shirt, now :-(

My usual solution to this problem is a football jersey (the kind with perforations). I still get the farmer's tan with it, but not nearly as much, as it lets enough sun through to keep things even-ish, or at least manageable.

But this was a family BBQ, and I was expected to wear "something nice".
boo. Long sleeves or shugs for me for a while :-/

Eryn
07-13-2014, 12:41 PM
I have a permanent farmer tan on my arms, and I've found that Nadinola fade cream does lighten it over the long term (6 months use at least.)

You can get it online or at WallyWorld, in the "ethnic har/beauty products" section.

It does not work instantly, but it is inexpensive and with daily use it does lighten the skin. Keep covered up if you use it, though!

jjjjohanne
07-13-2014, 01:24 PM
...I've found that Nadinola fade cream does lighten it over the long term (6 months use at least.)

:) If it takes 6 months for the product to fade your tan, I would say the product might be a placebo! :)

docrobbysherry
07-13-2014, 01:25 PM
I don't tan, just burn. So, tanning my normally covered upper parts could be fatal!

I hide my upper arms, which look masculine without my farmer tan, with sleeves whenever possible.

When NOT possible, (as in my avatar pic), I wear dyed tites over my arms to hide muscles, veins, and farmer tan.

No, I DON'T suggest anyone else try that!

Andy66
07-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Some great suggestions here. Im thinking, switch your shirt style and sleeve length a little every day, and switch which arm you wear your watch on. Oh, or you could do this... :heehee:

Wildaboutheels
07-13-2014, 02:16 PM
It's easy to fix..............for about a dollar or so in less than one minute.

Erica Thorn
07-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Yeah I got a comment about my FT the other day to... guess I have to start going topless in drab to! :D

Kim_Bitzflick
07-13-2014, 03:38 PM
That is most of our fates. You may want to try to tan the white parts without sunscreen and put sunscreen (SPF 1000?) on the already tanned parts.Theoretically this will even it out faster.

Lady Catherine
07-13-2014, 04:00 PM
I work out side in the Florida Keys, so I have the same problem year round. Trying to get out more often when not working to get rid of the lines.

Stephanie Sometimes
07-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Been fighting this problem as well here in AZ even with sunscreen you get tanned. So how do GG's avoid the farmer's tan anyway? I don't see them wearing bikinis all the time when out in the sun?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
Stephanie

Michaelasfun
07-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Try the Banana Boat self-tanning line if you want to catch the rest of you up with the tanned part, their products work pretty good..

BLUE ORCHID
07-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Hi Jonanne, I have figured out how to beat the problem, I do yard work with
cutoff jeans (AKA Daisy Dukes ) and shirtless.

Oh Stella
07-13-2014, 07:20 PM
I was doing really well with my tan untill this weekend. I had a soccer tournament and spent sat and sun playing all day with no shade in sight! I really dont know what to do now, its a very very distinct farmers tan. Im so bummed out:(

Eryn
07-14-2014, 01:10 AM
:) If it takes 6 months for the product to fade your tan, I would say the product might be a placebo! :)

No, I had permanently pigmented/freckled/blotchy skin caused by years of motorcycling in the sun. I used Nadinola daily and it did lighten the permanent pigmentation. It isn't an instant cure, but it does work and it isn't terribly expensive.

Jordan-NH
07-14-2014, 05:19 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been struggling with this. It's been my focus this summer. Doing my best to go topless or tank as much as possible. But I'm also using the Jergens self tanner on the white spots. Good product, I'll recommend it.

suchacutie
07-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Sunscreen, tan from a bottle, and varied clothing choices when in the sun! Living in both genders is just always high maintenance!

Badwolf
07-14-2014, 09:04 AM
A day at the beach/pool a month will also help. We don't even have to get bikini tan lines on our top.

Bottoms are a little harder if you're trying to wear super-mini's without using any of the more less fun methods.

LeannS
07-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Thanks for all of the advice.
I was wondering about the same thing how do I fix this? and now I know.

Leann