PDA

View Full Version : Are you a clandestine clothes washer?

Ilsa
07-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Being as it wash day, for me, I ask the question of you. How do you wash your clothes without being revealed to others? For me this is not a problem, but I am curious how others who have not disclosed themselves to their families or SOs get away with it. Also, how gentle are you with your intimates and your fineries?

Anecdotes welcome!

Always,

Ilsa:heehee:

Pam
07-13-2014, 01:47 PM
I am lucky that my wife knows I dress - in fact doing clothes can be fun
I can remember some other times do laundry and being nervous

Pam

Ressie
07-13-2014, 02:05 PM
No problem, living alone. Lingerie is washed in cold water in the sink or on gentle cyle. Hose and wigs are also hand washed in the sink. The red top in your avatar would be washed with similar colors, unless instructions indicate hand wash or dry cleaning.

Katey888
07-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Ilsa - you do ponder on some funny things... :) but I can see why you'd think of this one...

Yes - for personal reasons, I do all the household washing, but I still have to have 'ninja-washdays' when certain items of apparel can remain clandestine... :)

It's not the washing that's the problem - drying and airing takes much longer and things are more exposed... :eek: I never tumble dry my delicates... and anything with silk in it gets special wash treatment too - no biologicals, hand wash cycle only...

I have to ask, are US washing machines still the size of a Smart car...? :angel: Everything is bigger over there.... ;)

Katey x

Ilsa
07-13-2014, 03:01 PM
In answer to your question Katey, about the washing machine, it is as big as an Austin Healey :lol: and probably smarter than a smart car with lots of programming options and a little musical ditty as well.

Kyrianna
07-13-2014, 03:46 PM
I Think Katey said it best: 'ninja-washdays'! I use a stash of Forever New and take the risk of air drying the dedicates...(damn my love of Pantyhose!) There is something to be said about not keeping the Basement tidy. I am hoping to change that soon as I am almost ready to come out to my SO.

Kate Simmons
07-13-2014, 05:11 PM
What song does it play Hon? "This is the way we wash our clothes.....so early in the morning" ? :)

Ilsa
07-13-2014, 05:56 PM
More like I'm going to wash that man right out of my hair!

BLUE ORCHID
07-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Hi Isha, Not a problem as I do the laundry now that I'm retired.

Allison Chaynes
07-13-2014, 06:38 PM
I am out to the wife, but not family. So when Mother in Law visits, Allison's stuff (mostly underwear) stays in the closet floor until she leaves. A few weeks ago while we visited her, I had to unexpectedly jump into a lake to prevent a drowning. Wgen I got back to the house, my wife took my clothes and put them in the washer. It never occurred to either of us that mother in law would take my clothes out of the dryer and fold them. So when I came upstairs the next morning to get my clothes, I was a little shocked to see my panties folded on top of my dude clothes. Apparently my wife told her they were hers, so crisis avoided :)

Desirae
07-13-2014, 06:41 PM
In answer to your question Katey, about the washing machine, it is as big as an Austin Healey :lol: and probably smarter than a smart car with lots of programming options and a little musical ditty as well.

This may be true, but at least the "electrical system" works as it should :lol:.............ah shucks, did I really say that?

Leslie Langford
07-13-2014, 07:32 PM
I hear you, Desi, and I am quite familiar with the vagaries of British automobiles circa 1960's and 1970's and their confounded electrical systems. The most vexing one ever for me was an Envoy Epic (a then British Vauxhall GM import to Canada) that had an electrical system with a positive ground.

I remember a joke going around at the time to the effect of "Why do the British like warm beer?", the answer being "Because all of their refrigerators have Lucas electrical systems!: ;)

Saepe
07-13-2014, 08:35 PM
I wash late at night and I put female clothes at the bottom of the hamper, male on top. I make sure I transfer my clothes from the washer to the drier and the drier to the hamper as soon as the cycle is over so no one else accidentally opens the machine and discovers my horrible, earth-shattering secrets.

Also, most of my clothes male or female are the same colors: black, white, and hits of neon. So seeing a bit of pink or bright blue sticking out wouldn't seem out of place to my family.

Nyla F
07-13-2014, 08:48 PM
When you only have minutes, or maybe an hour, to crossdress, your clothes don't require washing very often!

Sometimes Steffi
07-13-2014, 09:53 PM
So that's what it's called, ninja washdays.

My wife knows, but doesn't want to see my clothes.

My girl clothes get dropped in their own private bucket. I used to have ninja washday on Sunday while she was in church. As soon as I hear the door slam shut, I grab my dirty clothes bucket. It's typically panties, so i count them out. I don't want one or two strays to get lost. I count them again when they go from the washer to the dryer, and again when they come out. I try to fold the panties during my "maintenance window" (you engineers will understand that), and I roll up the pantihose in a towel. Haven't gotten caught yet, but sometimes it gets pretty scary, especially when the cotton panties need an extra 10 minutes.

missVS
07-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Today is also wash day for me. Taking care of 2 children so I always have 2 or 3 loads on Sunday. I usually wash all my girly stuff by hand with woolite or put them in the machine gentle cycle and take them out quick. Funny thing today I forgot a nice Wacoal bra in the drier a big no no and my daughter who knows what I do starts folding it in the same room as my son is grabbing his clothes. What the heck is she thinking. These close calls are scary.:eek:

Christen
07-13-2014, 10:44 PM
I love a washing machine with a spin speed of 1000rpm or more, makes drying time so much quicker. A must for Ninja Washdays.

Christen x

~Joanne~
07-13-2014, 10:54 PM
My SO knows everything so washing hasn't been a problem for almost two years now. Matter of fact, the biggest problem we have had is "are these your panties or mine?". Before that though, I use to wash everything while she was at work seeing we work opposite shifts. I am also gentle with everything, mine or hers ;)

Adriana Moretti
07-13-2014, 11:04 PM
I either hand wash..or it it is REAL fancy schmancy I get it dry cleaned.

Beverley Sims
07-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Only if I am washing clandestine clothes. :)

The problem arises if friends notice the washing and there are clothes that my wife would not be seen dead in hanging on the line. :)

She is not into skater skirts or thongs.

I wear PJ's she wears nighties.

bridget thronton
07-14-2014, 01:06 AM
I donot hide my washing. The delicates need to air dry some place.

ringedjohn
07-14-2014, 02:03 AM
I wear a bra every day and most of them go into the normal wash.

But I have a few bras that my wife does not know about. I keep them hidden as they are beyond the "pretty, lace limit". I wash these by hand when she is out and dry them behind a door in my study. Sometimes I wish that she would find them so that I can wear them more openly.

Emi_
07-14-2014, 02:06 AM
Back in the care-free days of my youth, I would wash things when no one was home. Not a difficult task. Nowadays, I follow the manufacturer's instructions when washing things and most general care stuff just goes into the hamper like everything else.

lucy_miller
07-14-2014, 05:56 AM
Work at home days can double as wash days

DAVIDA
07-14-2014, 06:03 AM
What song does it play Hon? "This is the way we wash our clothes.....so early in the morning" ? :)

I remember back in the early 60's, my parents had a dryer that played, "How dry I am" when it was done with the cycle.:heehee:

dana digs sweaters
07-14-2014, 06:32 AM
"Ninja Washdays" That's funny.
No problem in allowing the delicates to dry out properly.
Learned at a young age of doing all the laundry.
Just one of many house chores to share.

suchacutie
07-14-2014, 08:23 AM
I wash most things by hand and let them dry overnight in our bathroom. My wife somehow puts the rest in our regular'll laundry without anyone else noticing anything out of the ordinary. I still can't figure out how she does this as we aren't the same size, but she said to leave it to her and I do!

Badwolf
07-14-2014, 09:11 AM
Last time I had to do anything similar was before I told my SO. She already saw the clothes but since I had told her they weren't mine, I was extra careful not to let her see that they had been worn.

In general though, the more I have to be careful about washing, the more likely I just won't wear too much to reduce the odds of getting caught there as well.

Caden Lane
07-14-2014, 09:52 AM
My dear GF knows of Caden however we do not live together, but I have children and roommates. So when I must wash, I use a mesh bag I got from a Disney cruise to keep it all together so there aren't any loose items to go digging for (Time is of the essence). I hover like a hawk until the wash is done, YOINK the bag out of the washer and closet dry my stuff. Unless nobody is home. Then I get to take my time. But thats not very often. If I get really desperate, or have a lot of things to wash, I take it to he laundromat. Anything nice goes to the dry cleaner.

JenniferR771
07-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Yes! Guilty as charged. I sneak my stuff in the laundry when Ms. J. is out for some reason. Or better yet, just drop by my favorite thrift store and buy new dresses. My last washing was in the shower. Used shampoo on my black panty girdle and white panties. Scrub, rinse, wring and hang to dry in the trunk of my black car which sits in the sun. Its really hot in there.

Stephanie47
07-14-2014, 10:45 AM
As a retiree with a working spouse that does not propose a problem. I have ample time to run everything through a wash and dryer. If you do not have the luxury of uninterrupted time I recommend you read the wash and drying recommendations before buying any garment.

Samantha Clark
07-14-2014, 11:22 AM
When I first started wearing panties and hose everyday, my wife told me that I was going to do my own washing. So not a problem on that front. I usually hand wash my undergarments in Woolite each night and hang them on a drying rack till dry.

mariehart
07-14-2014, 11:35 AM
I used to be careful when I washed things. It wasn't a big problem because I do all the washing and the cooking, cleaning etc. (My wife is the main breadwinner). I would just include them in a regular wash and be careful to separate them later.

Then I came out to her. Now it's simple. They go in the laundry basket and get washed just like everything else. In any case I don't even have male panties anymore. Nothing to hide now.

HipHugger
07-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Guilty.

Used to be more of an issue than it is now. Now, I'm working from home a lot and doing laundry all the time, so getting my things in there and out isn't much of an issue.

Back when I was first wearing panties it was more of a challenge to slip things in, and run down to pull a few items out before they were discovered. Still got caught a couple times, but that's been quite a while.

sometimes_miss
07-14-2014, 02:46 PM
I share laundry facilities with the people upstairs. I tend to wash my stuff in the middle of the night, often while in girl clothes as well. I machine wash everything that I can, using lingerie bags of various sizes to help protect the garments. I can hear if anyone upstairs is clomping around so there's little risk of being caught.

CynthiaD
07-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Our washer has a "hand wash" cycle. My wife does all the laundry, including my femme stuff. I'd be glad to help, but I've gotten the impression that she'd rather I'd stay out of the way.

MelanieAnne
07-14-2014, 03:27 PM
I used to worry about it at the laundramat. But it occured to me nobody knows me, or whether I have a wife or livein girlfriend, or whose stuff it is. The washer is no problem. But all the colorful thongs and other stuff tumbling around in the glass dryer window might get noticed. :heehee:

DeeDeeB
07-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Nope, I wash my wife's dresses and undies with mine. Sorting can be a bit of a problem, however.

Dee :fairy1:

phlover
07-14-2014, 09:21 PM
I wash my private girly clothes and stuff by hand while locking the door.
I can't wash them at home by using washing machine as my family don't know about my other self.
Thus I was them in my private space and dry them up by using dry towels and electric fan (summer) or heater (winter) because I can't hang them on the lines outdoors.
I also dress up in the same space while I lock the door.

sometimes_miss
07-14-2014, 11:51 PM
I used to worry about it at the laundramat. But it occured to me nobody knows me, or whether I have a wife or livein girlfriend, or whose stuff it is.
Perhaps this is something single CD'ers worry about in public laundramats. Don't. Nobody really cares what anyone else is washing. If you even have remote concerns, just invite a female friend of appropriate size over even once for something, if you don't have a female friend, consider asking around about insurance and get a female insurance agent to stop over to discuss potential sales; if she's pretty EVERYONE will notice her. Then she's a perfect excuse for having female clothes in with your wash.

Shawn_Always
07-15-2014, 01:36 PM
I am a ninja washer too. Like sometimes_miss, my stuff goes into a net laundry bag. I believe that my wife and I share wash duties equally so when I do I try to toss mine in with hers. If that isn't possible then I wait until she's out running errands.

Teresa
07-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Hi Ilsa, Washing isn't the problem but drying can be ! We have a rotary clothes line so I hide my stuff behind shirts and bigger stuff !
Most of my white lingerie is a soft shade of pink because I forgot to check the washer temperature !

Samanthasmith
07-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Washing my clothes is not too much of a problem, it is the drying. I usually end up washing everything when my wife is out for a day or two. It is funny to see lingerie drying all over the house.

Taylor Ray
07-22-2014, 07:46 PM
I have gotten outed several times as a result of laundry when I had roommates.

Now I live alone!

Kris Avery
08-10-2014, 06:41 PM
For me and my situation - living with 4 [other] women (20 year old daughter, 16 year old step-daughter, 9 year old step-daughter, and wife) - they find it AWESOME that each day when they come home all the laundry is just finished, sorted, and in their room. The wife sees it as "as good as it gets". (I work from home)

That said, there have been a few 'near misses' when eager girls try to empty the laundry by getting to it before 'the maid' does.

;)

Dianne S
08-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Before I was out to my family, I used to wash my underwear while I took a shower. I even managed to wash a sizeable pile of laundry in one marathon shower session. :)

Now it just goes into the machine with the rest of the laundry.

Eryn
08-10-2014, 11:37 PM
I have to ask, are US washing machines still the size of a Smart car...? :angel: Everything is bigger over there.... ;)

No, everything is the *correct* size over here, not scaled down to fit diminutive spaces. Our washing machine is 27" wide, which is the standard.

The best way to keep your "special" laundry a secret is to do all the laundry. That way, even if your wife figures out your secret, she won't let on because she doesn't want you to stop doing the laundry!

I'm being a bit humorous here, but like a lot of humor there is truth buried within. Honesty is always the best policy.