PDA

View Full Version : Feeling more content, one step at a time

Lady Catherine
07-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Thursday I had a long talk with one of my sisters and I finally told some one other than my wife and kids that I was Transgender. She told me she loved me no matter what and nothing would change that. I wanted to tell her so much more, but I could tell I was overloading her so I pulled back. She said it was a bit of a shock, and a lot to process, but she would support me. I can feel some of the weight lifting off of my shoulders, and I was smiling the rest of the day. I never realized how much I was holding back and keeping inside me.

You see, back in September I had a mild stroke. Then back in April I had a larger one. And I've just returned to work. And having a stroke made me realize how short life was and that I needed to live my life for me. So, I have made the choice to tell all my brothers and sisters. I'm not sure about my mother and father though, because I don't think either one of them would handle it well.

One down three to go.

On Friday, I was having lunch with my wife and I noticed our waitress at her ear pierced up high. I pointed it out to my wife, and told her I always wanted to do my ear like that. So she looked me in the eye and told me that I should do it. So I did.

I can't believe how happy I am. After everything I've been through I finally feel like I'm starting to live my own life. And, it's looking really good.

Thanks for listening. Peace.

hope springs
07-13-2014, 09:22 PM
Nice ear rings and your spot on about life is short. Im glad things went well with your sister. It is tough coming out to relatives. You cant be 100% sure which way its gonna go.
As a side note, ive been wondering lately when i die if i want to be buried in a great pair of heels. Seems we should approach the pearly gates with confidence, and snappy heels are great for that

Beverley Sims
07-14-2014, 01:29 AM
Life is too short for secrets.
Do release them slowly though.

Badwolf
07-14-2014, 01:57 AM
Life is short, and be who you were meant to be.

BLUE ORCHID
07-14-2014, 07:31 AM
Hi Lady Catherine, Your piercings look wonderful.

kimdl93
07-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Ouch...ok, kim a wimp. So glad that with those health issues you found some clarity and are using the experience to expand your life and fulfill youself.

Lady Catherine
07-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks everyone. I still can't stop smiling.

AnneC
07-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Bless you and hope you continue to get better. State of mind is a big thing in helping you cope with ill-health. Good for you.