PDA

View Full Version : Heels on the Clutch Pedal

StephanieinSecret
07-13-2014, 10:31 PM
I just have to share this story, it just happened to me yesterday and it was sooo much fun!

I had taken the evening to "myself", and was dressed modestly, with a pencil skirt, 2 inch heels, and a blouse. I remembered some of the ladies on the forum talking about wearing heels going to and from work, and I'd never tried it. Even with the 5 speed in my car, I felt compelled to try it. I've never been the smoothest on the clutch, and I havent had the car long, either, but I had to give it a go!

Long story short: I rocked! I'd never driven so motthly, before or since! I don't know why, but those heels mad seamless shifts effortless. I did a few laps around my neighborhood, and then pulled back in.

I'm definitely going out for another spin as sson as I can :D

~Joanne~
07-13-2014, 10:36 PM
It's the smallest things that can bring us the most pleasure ;) glad you had a good drive!

Alice_2014_B
07-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Sounds awesome!
I drove my stick-shift big Dodge pickup with 5.5 inch heels, one pair had no platform and the other had a 1.25" platform, just to see if I could. Though doable, it wasn't easy or fun.
Your 2 inch heels though sounds like a blast!
:)

Algoma
07-13-2014, 11:41 PM
I love driving in heels, clutch and all. On long road trips i always wear heels, I have apair of driving boots with 6" heels, tucked under jeans and away i go. Makes the road trip fun. Algoma

AllieSF
07-13-2014, 11:52 PM
I have never had a problem driving a six speed manual transmission with heels up to about 4", though that height is worn very infrequently. I do have to move my seat back when wearing my summer platform canvas or leather strappy sandals because of the added inches to my height. Non shoe related, I have also noted that I sit higher in the car (I am short to begin with) when dressed en femme because of the butt padding. For me, that is definitely an added benefit when dressing as a woman!

Beverley Sims
07-14-2014, 12:57 AM
There is a whole new experience to "driving dressed" even obeying the rules of the road more closely.

I never speed. :)

BLUE ORCHID
07-14-2014, 07:35 AM
Hi Stephanie, You are probably paying more attention to your driving and shifting.

Melissa_59
07-14-2014, 08:13 AM
Hi Stephanie, You are probably paying more attention to your driving and shifting.

I'm with Blue on this one, it most probably is because you're more aware of everything, driving while dressed. I get that way too - nothing wrong with that either!

I have to wonder - what are the accident rates for people who drive while dressed as the opposite sex? Is it extremely low per capita? If that's true, the insurance companies would have a field day with it! "Want lower rates? Dress as the opposite sex while driving and receive a 50% discount!" :D

~Mel

Badwolf
07-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Haha Mel, talk about an excuse to do what we already do!

flatlander_48
07-14-2014, 11:33 AM
I've never owned a car with an automatic, so I have a lot of experience with manual gearboxes. I haven't had any problem with 3" heels, but that might be the limit given limited flexibility in my right ankle. However, what is very difficult for me is to do Heel and Toe downshifts. The way you are supposed to do it is Toe on the brake and either roll your foot over to blip the gas or pivot your foot and touch the gas with your heel.

Since I have no rolling flexibility in my ankle and my foot tends to point outwards, I have to roll my knee 'way to the left to get the heel out far enough to touch the gas. Very difficult to do. So, my way of compensating is to Toe and Heel, in effect: Heel on the brake and Toe on the gas. However, this just doesn't work with heels of any sort as most times you just miss the pedal...

StephanieinSecret
07-14-2014, 11:52 AM
I knew I would make it at least around the block- the thing that shocked me was how SMOOTH i drove. It has truly never been better. It was hearing about the other ladies here driving that gave me the courage to try in the first place :) Funny how smoothness and being en femme went together...

Flatlander- I can't heel-and-toe at all-i've never even attempted it- but I might now that I've read your little tutorial. sounds like fun!

Eryn
07-14-2014, 03:09 PM
All of our cars are sticks.

I can drive in heels but if I'm wearing very dressy heels I'll usually take some slip-in flats for driving and switch to my heels a few blocks from wherever I am going. I do this because driving is more comfortable and it is possible to damage a delicate heel while driving.

kymmieLorain
07-14-2014, 05:12 PM
I need to try driving in heels. Maybe one day I will take a drive and take my heels. Sounds like an adventure.

Kymmie

Roberta Young
07-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Small block,Hurst shifter,Massive pressure plate and 6" heels for Me. Hugs Roberta

StephanieinSecret
07-14-2014, 05:42 PM
What great responses. Plenty of "strong women" in this thread! I'm definitely going to try it again- I think a drive-thru window is the next challenge. I'll need to perfect my hair and makeup first though.

Shirley Anne
07-14-2014, 06:01 PM
I have driven in 2inch heels no problem but havent tried anything higher, funnily enough it was my first time out and also used a drive through the same evening.

GenieGirl
07-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Driving my 6 speed in heels is a huge challenge! I am much better at it than when I first tried. I usually drive with my heels off though unless its a short trip. My clutch is super stiff and car has tons of torque so switching hears makes the car extra jerky in heels.....whiplash anyone...lol

Bria
07-14-2014, 06:13 PM
I find driving with 2" heels is no problem even though I'm 6' 3" and always have the seat all the way back. Heel and toe just isn't in the cards when wearing heels, as my steering wheel is too close to the pedals, I have to move my knee to the right to clear the steering wheel even when wearing sneakers. I keep saying that I will modify the steering colum mount to bring the wheel a little closer to me to make heel and toe easier. If I did that then I could adjust the relationship between the brake pedal and the accelerator so my wide feet don't hit both at once.

Maybe one of these days my race car won't need a lot of work and I'll have time to work on the street car!

Of course then the race car transportrer needs a new clutch, and the trees need to be trimmed, and, and, and........

Hugs Bria

DeeDeeB
07-14-2014, 06:42 PM
I have heels I drive in comfortably and heels that stick in the carpet when I shift. I always wear flats when I'm planning on wearing those heels. I can always change when I get to my destination. Safety first!

Dee :fairy1:

DonnaCD68
07-14-2014, 07:48 PM
My everyday driver is a 6spd. manual (and I've had many manual trans cars over the last 20+ years). I've driven in every size heel from 2" wedges up to a 5" stiletto. I've never had an issue driving in them. Long distance drive 1 hr+ I'll slip on my one and only pair of flats. After my Saturday nights clubbing and dancing I usually just take off the heels and barefoot. However this is not an option in the winter....but I'm generally wearing one of my pairs of shooties that are just as comfortable as any tennis shoe I own. So heels and a manual trans....no problem!

ange_o
07-15-2014, 05:30 AM
Only thing I found when stuck in traffic was my calves got really tired just due to the different angle of my foot/heels. Would love to try some flats if I could ever find a large enough pair of ballet flats that actually looked ok.

andreanna
07-15-2014, 06:33 AM
5 speed, 6 speed should be no problem, I tried driving with heels in my kw 18 speed, which really is no big deal since once you get moving you don't need the clutch anyhow.

Amanda L.
07-15-2014, 07:40 AM
I went for a drive one night in 6" heels with 1.5" platform. My car is a Ranger ute (truck to our USA friends?) with 6 speed box. First hurdle was to get in the cab with a tight skirt and try to be ladylike about it. Once I got going the heels had to come off. No pedal feel through the soles and heel to pedal ratio not ergonomically friendly. The feeling though of driving with stockinged feet was something else again. Great feel and ....well.....quite girly I guess.
Pedal to the metal girls!
Amanda
x

flatlander_48
07-15-2014, 07:54 AM
I knew I would make it at least around the block- the thing that shocked me was how SMOOTH i drove. It has truly never been better. It was hearing about the other ladies here driving that gave me the courage to try in the first place :) Funny how smoothness and being en femme went together...

Flatlander- I can't heel-and-toe at all-i've never even attempted it- but I might now that I've read your little tutorial. sounds like fun!

When correctly done, it eliminates that jerk when you downshift. Touching the gas just before going into the lower gear brings the engine speed up to where it should be. It's not necessarily something that you would do 100% of the time, but it is good to know when you need it. Also makes the passengers feel like you know what you are doing! There are videos on YouTube to show what it looks like.

I find driving with 2" heels is no problem even though I'm 6' 3" and always have the seat all the way back. Heel and toe just isn't in the cards when wearing heels, as my steering wheel is too close to the pedals, I have to move my knee to the right to clear the steering wheel even when wearing sneakers.

That's my normal position, but for a different reason. I'm 5" shorter, but sit in a more reclined position than most with a semi-arms out arrangement. This forces more of a knees out position.

I went for a drive one night in 6" heels with 1.5" platform. My car is a Ranger ute (truck to our USA friends?) with 6 speed box.

With or without a Tray? Yes, I've been there! What you guys call a Ute is more like a Ford Ranchero or Chevy El Camino from many years ago.

Erica Thorn
07-15-2014, 08:20 AM
I have to agree... when we go on vacation it's a 14hr drive and I always drive in my wedges but rest in drab... once I even stopped and walked with them outside while stretching my legs some and that's the first time I've been outside dressed in some way!

Jean. Ann
07-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Only problem with driving in high heels is that the back of the heel cam
contact the carpet / floor mat ,
Causing wear to the finish of the heel
I know many GG who drive barefoot or carry a pair of flats

Jean Ann

Mollyanne
07-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Ha, you just gotta' try doin' it in a 15 speed truck!!!!!!!

Molly

StephanieinSecret
07-15-2014, 11:49 AM
I CANNOT drive a clutch barefoot. I've tried, and I love being barefoot most of the time, but it just doesnt work well for me.

I gave the heel&toe thing a try yesterday in boy boots, and its doable, i just need to practice a bit. normally, instead of the heel&toe shift, i'll put it it neutral and double clutch into the appropriate gear. its perfectly smooth, but if i were trying to drive at top speed the heel&toe technique would definitely be faster.

who knew i'd learn about driving on a crossdressing forum? :)

Bria
07-15-2014, 12:10 PM
I agree with Andreanna on the 10/13/15/18 speed trans that only need a clutch to get underway and then shift without the clutch, but sometimes I find it helpful to double clutch on a downshift when skipping severl gears, but then I'm not a pro, just drive my racecar transporter on the weekends!

Hugs Bria

Underdressed
07-15-2014, 02:28 PM
I have no problems driving in heels, infact I used to drive one of these back in the 90's. it was a 12 speed stick shift and the position of the pedals was great for 4 1/2" heels. 228735

me
07-15-2014, 06:32 PM
I could see it. creating the perfect fulcrum with the heel making it really easy.

Tammy Lynn Tx
07-15-2014, 09:16 PM
I drive with 2-4 inch heels quite often and as was said before about the only time I need the clutch is starting and stopping, other wise just used the gearbox and RPMs to shift. When I first started driving trucks the most popular truck out there was a cab-over ( kinda like the tank pic earlier). the worst thing about cab-overs and dressing was that first step up the side ladder of the truck. The way the petals were on the cab-overs actually made it more comfortable to drive in heels. Now most companies have conventional trucks ( hoods) and I find it is much easier to drive in flats or lower heels.

docrobbysherry
07-15-2014, 10:59 PM
When I drive an auto or stick trans vehicle in my 4" to 5+" spikes, I step down on the clutch with my left foot and the brake pedal with my rite. In either case, the size of my heels is irrelevant. Because I step down on the pedals with souls of my shoes, NOT using the heels!:battingeyelashes:

I DO have accelerator issues in hi heels. Because I must bend my toes unnaturally forward to hit the gas. And, I usually end up with less acceleration than I want or the car jumps!:doh: