PDA

View Full Version : Waxing lyrical.

Charlotte Elizabeth
10-03-2004, 08:25 AM
I was wondering if any of you girls had waxed any part of your bodies?? Havent tried it myself due to a low pain threshold. (ok...I'm a wimp..)
Was it as painful as it looks?

stoopy
10-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Just got waxed for the first time last week -- did the back. Does smart some, but wasn't realy bad -- and the result is awesome. Followed it up with some of the hair retardant stuff. Gonna go onto the rest of the bod -- the hair is evil!!

babe4life
10-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Spoke to my mom about maybe having my face waxed. I was surprised at how supportive she was of the idea! She gave me her people's details too to email this week. Hmm, this is starting to feel weird ... :o

Deborah757
10-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Waxing my legs wasn't too bad. But using on the underarms brought tears to my eyes. I'll stick to the razor for that.

Deborah

guynheels
10-03-2004, 01:19 PM
My girlfriend helped me with some waxing this weekend. I had a little hair on my lower back and she did a great job! She wants to wax my legs and chest next. She says she loves how smooth I feel. I think she was excited as I was with the results. It was not as painful as I was expecting and the thought of not having to shave every day is a real plus! I have a question. When waxing legs, how often do you find that you have to do it? Once a week, month, longer?? Just wondering how often I would be doing it.

Tristen Cox
10-03-2004, 07:24 PM
I was wondering if any of you girls had waxed any part of your bodies?? Havent tried it myself due to a low pain threshold. (ok...I'm a wimp..)

What!
Oh geez where's the fun? No pain no gain.. LOL !

All in good fun :D

JoannaDees
10-03-2004, 07:47 PM
I've had the best success with laser hair removal but that REALLY doesn't work with a low pain threshold cause it HURTS!!!! :)

Erica, each time you feel that stabbing, hot needle, it's killing that bad old hair follicle ... the silver lining! I thought waxing hurt more, especially my abs ... that was sheer torture and my last waxing. I'm doing the laser now too.

randie
10-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Ive just shaved up until recently. A few weeks ago I tried "andrea, mens wax kit". I figured since I have "mens" body hair this would work best. I tried three test patches. One on my calve, one on my inner thigh, and one on my belly. The one on my calve worked perfect, smooth flawless skin for 2 weeks before any sign of regrowth. the inner thigh patch was the same but the follicles seemed a little red for a day or two but no physical discomfort. The patch on my belly, (with the most fat) actually hurt and some of the pores bled. It didnt hurt much, only the pull. The follicles on my belly stayed red for almost a week but didnt feel irritated and the skin felt smooth. Its been 3 weeks now and the hair is starting to come back with no irratation and no ingrown hairs yet. The hair on these patches seems to be growing in thinner but I cant be sure yet. Hope this helps. Im sure that a professional could do much better but these are my results with a home kit. Im gonna wax my legs tonight. Ive been waiting 3 weeks since the test patches so the hair is long enuff to wax. Ill post some pictures later to show you the immeadiate results. I also have terribly sensitive skin so if you have normal skin I think your results might be better than mine.

Charlotte Elizabeth
10-04-2004, 10:13 AM
thinking I'll stick with shaving....

randie
10-05-2004, 11:00 AM
just waxed last night, only did one lower leg as Im not very good at it. Im gonna go get everything possible waxed professionally when it grows back in a bit. If I did this right there should be a few pix here to show the immediate results. these were taken right after i waxed. hope this helps.

*edit* pix didnt seem to upload, dont know what i did wrong