PDA

View Full Version : so it came to this.

mariehart
07-15-2014, 06:06 PM
I told my wife lately as I mentioned before. She had thougth about it. So we talked today. Yes she does doesn't want see me fully dressed. But she has no problem with me wearing female clothing. She said she knew already. In effect she has cleared me to dress as I like

Stacy M.
07-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Congratulations! I'll be interested to see what happens now...

mikiSJ
07-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Marie
You'll get lonely not sharing your girl self with no one else. Have you been 'cleared' for going out?

PS - I hate the terms, cleared, permission...similar terms. You should not have to ask anyone if it is ok to dress.

Jenniferathome
07-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Marie, please remember that th conversations about cross dressing do not stop. What she "knows" may be different than reality. Allow her to know it from you. Best of luck

BLUE ORCHID
07-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Hi Marie, Just don't overwhelm her now.

Amylou2014
07-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Yes advice from a GG that recently found out, don't overwhelm. Don't push it. Listen to HER!

RADER
07-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Yes, Go Very Slow...... Let her digest the fact you want to wear her clothes.
Rader

kimdl93
07-15-2014, 09:29 PM
I'd echo Jennifer. This is really just a beginning. The conversations should be frequent and wide ranging, allowing her to express her feelings, her concerns, of course, but also letting you put things on the table. You don't always have to agree...just be honest. Let honesty be safe.

beyond that, as Miki said above, I also chafe at the term "permission". one would hope that adults would do things out of respect and consideration for one another, not because they were given or denied permission

~Joanne~
07-15-2014, 09:39 PM
Marie
PS - I hate the terms, cleared, permission...similar terms. You should not have to ask anyone if it is ok to dress.

I agree 100%! I can never wrap my head around that mentality no matter how hard I try. I guess it works for some but because I have more respect for my SO than to try and makes rules and such, I expect the same in return. We are adults after all.

Alice_2014_B
07-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Sounds very cool!
Glad it has turned out well.

Desirae
07-15-2014, 09:48 PM
I don't think there is necessary "loneliness" with dressing by oneself in private. I guess if it were a 24/7 thing, then maybe. But, if it's not, I'm sure you have plenty of other things you do in your "non-dressing" time, which is likely much more than the time you allot for dressing. If you're just part-time and plan on staying part-time, then I'm sure your other activities with the wife, family, friends, mitigates any loneliness and the dressing time can just be your "me" time, which is a necessity, also.

mariehart
07-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the advice. All duly noted. Believe me I am taking it carefully. After the initial talk I just needed to clarify with her what she might and might not find acceptable. She doesn't want to see fully dressed but I needed to make sure she wouldn't be freaked out if she realised I was wearing women's underwear daily or that some of the clothes I wear daily are in fact women's. Plus that I no longer have to hide them away but can keep them in my wardrobe and drawers.

I really don't want to push it too hard though. I'm aware of the terrible pink fog waiting me but I am allowing a little pink mist. I really don't want to upset her in any way and so far absolutely no negative vibes.

I agree about keeping the conversation going although I want to avoid having a big dramatic meetings on the subject. Just let it crop up in general conversation. We already shared girly moments before I told her. I often paint her nails and we shop together and read women's magazines etc. So that won't change except I won't have to be quite so careful in how I express myself anymore. Ideally there will be a moment out shopping when I express an interest in something and she'll just say 'Well stop talking about it, buy it!'

I have to say I didn't see it in terms of asking permission although you could read that into my comments. You see my wife is a quiet person generally, not really a big talker so there was no real follow up conversation and she had few questions. So other than the initial talk I wasn't sure where to draw the line so as not to upset her. So I needed to ask for clarification. She said yes to everything probably thinking that she thought she'd already made that clear. Not that she said that.

As for being fully dressed, well that was a rare thing anyway because of the difficulty in finding time and place. Now it's possible again even if she doesn't want to see me that way yet.

Thanks again for the encouragement and good advice.

Badwolf
07-16-2014, 10:30 AM
It wouldn't hurt for her to come here and talk to other GG's. Make sure you have good communication channels set up already though, where you can answer any of her questions, since the more she thinks about this the more she will probably have, or at least some misconceptions that will need to be cleared up.

Teresa
07-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Marie,
I found it hard after the talks because there were still questions left unanswered because my wife kept quiet didn't mean everything was OK. I felt in limbo because how far was too far ?? What was she accepting as OK and what was she just tolerating ?
I posted a thread in Loved Ones about wanting to be honest ! It's very hard when your partner may not want to hear it !

Cheryl Ann Owens
07-16-2014, 02:41 PM
At least she knows and it seems there are no problems. Give her time and her curiousity might get the best of her and she may want to see you dressed. As others have said, don't push it on her. Let her move along her own comfort zone. You may someday be surprised.

Cheryl

Maria 60
07-16-2014, 06:03 PM
As Tony the Tiger says "that's greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat"

Christen
07-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Good place to be.
Best to both of you.

Christen x

Beverley Sims
08-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Marie,
still advance slowly though.

CynthiaD
08-06-2014, 06:23 PM
This is an important first step. Perhaps she'll warm up to the whole thing as time goes on. Take it slowly.