PDA

View Full Version : If a cure existed...would you still be you?

Adriana
07-15-2014, 07:41 PM
Hi Ladies,

This question has most likely been brought up before, but I have a different thought on it. Today, I was pondering what life would be like if a cure existed for my CDing and my answer was surprising. After much thought I determined that if this part of me didn't exist, then who I am now would cease to exist . One of the things my wife has said to me in the past is how much she loves me for me. This brought to the forefront how I'm made and why I do the things I do. For example: I've always loved picking out clothes with my wife, painting both our nails, talking for hours about any given subject, sitting on the sofa and wanting to cuddle and share a good romantic movie. I love, I laugh and overall care about the people and things around me. Though, this might change forever if I took out the CDing part of me, which in turn could change my current course in life. Just wanted to share this thought with everyone.

Hugs,

Adriana

Tinkerbell-GG
07-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Adriana, I'm curious as to why you would need crossdressing to be the person you described in your post?

And as for my H, I don't think he would change much, to be honest, as he's always just him regardless of the clothes and what he thinks are feminine mannerisms. (I imagine only Pamela Anderson behaves the same, lol) I also doubt he'd take a cure as he enjoys crossdressing too much, despite all the hassle with us.

Would I slip said cure in his evening beer?? Ha, what does everyone here think! :)

hope springs
07-15-2014, 07:54 PM
While i definitely get the gist, i would say there is a cure. Society's acceptance. If we were truly free to dress and act as we wish, then no "cure" would be necessary. Our expression would be seen as part of a spectrum that it is. And therefore no part of ourselves would be lost.
But in keeping with the spirit of your question: no, i would not accept a cure. This side has been tremendously beneficial for my own personal growth. Therapy may have helped, but then i wouldnt get to wear those awesome heels.
It sounds as if you and your wife have a great relationship. It truly warms my heart to hear it. Too few are content in their relationships, kudos to you.

Laura912
07-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Don't drink the beer! Seriously, 40 years ago would have consumed the whole keg for a cure. Now, maybe am finally at peace with it all.

RADER
07-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Why find a cure for something that needs no cure. Cross dressing is not a disease,
no "Pill" will change it. So just enjoy it.
Rader

Adriana
07-15-2014, 08:07 PM
Hi Tinkerbell,

Its not the clothes, or polish, or heels or wigs that make me who I I'm. As I'm a multifaceted individual with many different experiences and enjoyments in life and if I happen to remove any one of those experiences or enjoyments would I change? I believe I would change, which to me would be a tragedy, as the reason for who I am is based on my life experiences and enjoyments.

lpjamey
07-15-2014, 08:11 PM
What... I didn't know that anything was wrong that I needed a cure for. I'm really messed up! Crap:sad:

Adriana
07-15-2014, 08:12 PM
Hi Rader,

This post isn't about trying to find a cure, but instead more about self reflection on would you change as a person if "cured"? My answer is: I would be devastated if I was cured....I love who I am and so does my wife.

Hugs,

Adriana

Cara Lacey
07-15-2014, 08:16 PM
No cure for me... Thank you very much. I truly enjoy crossdressing, and I have never thought of it as something I needed to address... I just want to dress. 😎

Kate Simmons
07-15-2014, 08:25 PM
I think what you are describing is being a full spectrum person like I am. I enjoy both sides and love to dance en femme. It's part of my mode of expression and I also consider the CDing itself an art form. Do I need it to be myself? Not really, I can enjoy my guy side just fine now that I've made it a total choice to do or not but I have fun with it and that is what makes it worth the effort, even though lately I've been considering putting it on the "shelf".:battingeyelashes::)

devida
07-15-2014, 08:28 PM
You know there are still plenty of institutions dedicated to finding a cure for homosexuality despite the loud condemmation of these pseudo medical approaches by the AMA and the APA. Cross dressing has to do with gender, which along with sex and sexual orientation are core identity issues. The deplorable history of the oppression and persecution of people whose sex, sexual orientation or gender do not conform to the norms of the majority suggest that there is a fundamental error in even imagining that a pill or any medical procedure could ever affect these issues without serious damage to the person given the pill or procedure. Of course I am not saying that people with gender dysphria should not be able to avail themselves of medical gender modification. I am just saying, with rader, that cross dressing is actually normal behavior within the spectrum of gender behavior among human beings.

There is this strange kind of Stockholm Syndrome among some cross dressers where they believe the opinion of the oppressive and truly ignorant majority, of the people who want to eliminate them, that cross dressing is somehow aberrant behavior. It isn't. It is the attempt to suppress it that is abnormal.

So, you feel like fantasizing about a treatment for cross dressing, go ahead. Even some black civil rights leaders when the skin creams that bleach skin became available (and are still very widely used today, especially by brown people) thought that whitening their skin would solve the race issue. Look how well that worked.

It is a curious modern disease that we want to run as fast as we can from who we know ourselves to be. It is so weird!

Adriana
07-15-2014, 08:42 PM
To me its not a condition or a disease, its who we are. I believe we we're made this way for a reason. Its engrained in us, in our DNA, in our very person. If it was removed we would cease to exist in our current form, which for most of us would be "death" itself.....

Candice Mae
07-15-2014, 08:46 PM
My gender doesn't change who I am, no matter how I look I will always be me. If you change based on your appearance are you not just acting and portraying a character based on your ideal of what femininity is when you CD.

If your CDing was "cured" you would be online posting on another forum based on your interests not reliant on your gender. Whether it be sports, automotive, cooking, gardening....

Jenny Gurl
07-15-2014, 08:46 PM
You cannot change the desire to crossdress without changing the rest of who you are too. They are one and the same. Years ago people who were very violent were given lobotomy's to try to reduce their violent tendencies. The side effect was a person who had no emotions, no motivation, and basically became a vegetable. I hear a lot of members use the term "like a woman" and that term is really inaccurate since there are as many variations in women as there are in men. Our language has adapted the term Feminine to describe a person who is more like the girly girl female and although it might not be the perfect description, it seems more accurate to me. I hear a lot of people describe the urge to dress like a woman, yet a large percentage of women these days wear drab jeans and sneakers. I believe some behaviors are linked, and you can't eliminate one without eliminated the linked behavior. If we were to have "the blue pill" available to reduce or eliminate our feminine traits, we would likely lose a lot of other linked traits we would want to miss. I don't want to be reduced to normal, I would just prefer society quit judging us by century old beliefs.

heatherdress
07-15-2014, 08:47 PM
I am always - me. Dressed, undressed. I am who I am regardless of my appearance.

StephanieinSecret
07-15-2014, 08:51 PM
My dressing is often, but not always, somewhat...fetishistic. So, as I once put it to a SO, I often wish I could exchange this kink of mine for something that's easier to share with others. My dressing and interest in feminine activities has not ever brought me closer to anyone else, as it apparently has for some other posters. I am who I am, and I realize that I will always feel a desire to dress up in girls clothes. But to use a common experience as an example, I've "tried on" this kink, or foible, (or whatever), and it "doesn't fit" the rest of my life. If I could "go back to the store" and trade "it" in for something else, I probably would. However-if I had to give up this habit of mine, only to have NOTHING replace it, I'd definitely keep my habit. It's just too mdarned much fun. :)

kimdl93
07-15-2014, 09:24 PM
If I were borne in India to different parents in the 17th century would I still be me?

Adriana
07-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Who knows KimDl93 you might be.....but then again you'll never know. This thought was to stir self reflection and the idea of if a part of you changed would you still be you?

Desirae
07-15-2014, 09:42 PM
I've said it before that if CDing was somehow taken "out" of my being, I wouldn't be the same person. Something would be missing, whatever that something is. It's always been a part of me and has shaped my identity over the years. It's not the same as having a debilitating disease that is a part of you or a terrible addiction that is a part of you. It goes to your being and I truly don't want to be someone else who is not me in totality, wholly, and completely. Maybe there was a time when I would have embraced the cure, if there were one, but as I've gotten a little older and a little wiser, I realized that just being me is quite OK, actually great, because it is who I am.

Michaelasfun
07-15-2014, 09:51 PM
I think I would. Even before I started x-d'ing a few years ago, I was pretty much the same person as I am now. That being said, it makes me happy to dress and I would miss it if I couldn't do it at least once in a while.

Rachael Leigh
07-15-2014, 10:05 PM
I think if I could do something other than my own free will that would change my brain or what it is to stop I do think I would. As a person of faith I do think to some extent I do have a sorce to help but as I said I also understand my free will so it's a great thought and question that we all must think about for sure.
I don't think it would change much for me as a person if I wasn't a CD though

MelanieAnne
07-15-2014, 10:07 PM
Been cross dressing since...ummm, maybe 12 or 13. I've always enjoyed it for what it is. I've never purged, or considered transitioning. I just enjoy the dressing, photos, feel of the clothes, etc. I have put it on the back burner from time to time, when the urge went away temporarily in a new relationship. But it always comes back, and I know and accept that. And I'm not about to throw away any of my "stuff"! :D

Jeninus
07-15-2014, 11:07 PM
To Adriana's point, I think that cross-dressing is such a major part of the make-up of who we are, that if a cure existed - and we took it - we would be entirely different people, and perhaps not for the better. Probably for the majority of us, CDing does little to enhance our relationships with our SOs (except for the lucky few). And CDing is not something we boast about to our parents, siblings, children or our oldest and dearest friends - so that would be a burden lifted. But would we be better people if "cured?" Hard to say, really. In Adriana's case she may be the best spouse her wife could hope for and probably most of us are among the most gentle of husbands. Of course, being a CDer makes it hard to be a male chauvinist pig when WE are the ones wearing the skirts in the family!

Alice_2014_B
07-16-2014, 12:39 AM
I've often wondered what it would be like if CDing was not part of my life.
But I really enjoy cross-dressing right now.

Laura J
07-16-2014, 03:20 AM
I think cross dressing is just a symptom of who I am rather then an end in itself. To remove my need to be a woman sometimes would be to remove part of me. that would make me a different person.

Maria 60
07-16-2014, 04:41 AM
I am the one who tells my wife, "if it wasn't for this dressing, instead of wasting my time dressing or even wasting my thoughts on it". I think I would be concentrating more on working and how to make more money. My wife believes the dressing is a gift and if it wasn't for the dressing not really would I be focused on making more money, maybe the opposite, maybe get into drugs or gambling. She believes our thirty year marriage is so strong because of the dressing, she loves being the only one holding my life long secret, she loves having a husband who shops with her, and having a man next to her when she needs a man. Maybe a removeing it from my life would make things worse. We always think on the bright side, if it wasn't this I would be there better now. Maybe removing it would be for the worst.

Donnagirl
07-16-2014, 04:49 AM
Nope.... I'm sure, despite the recent positive changes, her current supportive attitude and assistance she would secretly administer me a double dose just to be sure...

lucy_miller
07-16-2014, 05:40 AM
I wouldn't take it now (a new discovery) but those painful early years (pre-internet) when you didn't know your corset from your stocking and had no way to share...

sometimes_miss
07-16-2014, 06:30 AM
While I completely understand the whole 'love yourself' concept, being a crossdresser is simply one complication in life that I could easily have lived without. I have no illusions about how people feel about us, having experienced it again just a few days ago where, unknowing about me, I overheard several female co-workers laughing and joking about a guy they spotted wearing womens' clothing. Tolerence and acceptance never felt so far apart........

BLUE ORCHID
07-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Hi Adriana, I wouldn't want to take the cure I would be afraid that it might work and I would lose out on all of this fun.

Aubrey
07-16-2014, 06:44 AM
A cure would be great! Not for CD/TS/TGs, but for the horrible judgmental people out there that recklessly hate what they do not understand. Good luck getting them to take it though :)

Rhonda Darling
07-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Cure. Hmmmmmm. I see shades of electro-shock therapy and lobotomy in any attempt to "cure" someone who isn't sick. I would respectfully decline the opportunity to have my soul crushed, thank you very much!

Your mileage may differ.

Rhonda

mariehart
07-16-2014, 08:26 AM
There is only one 'cure' for me and that's to become a woman. Anything else isn't a cure.

Beverley Sims
07-16-2014, 08:32 AM
Don't cure me, find a cure for the common cold first.

Badwolf
07-16-2014, 10:01 AM
I've always lived with the philosophy that if I'm happy with how my life is now, there really isn't anything I need to regret. That is because in the end it would change who I am significantly. A lot of small things would change me as well.

So I definitely would say it would change who I am immensely. If smaller things make me feel the way I just described, this is a much larger change over my life.

I've had mostly friends that are girls since I was little, even felt bad when I was left out of their "girl talk". I never understood why I could just keep being part of it. I spent lots of time struggling with dressing since I started doing it at all, and I became very analytical of how I felt, how other people felt. I picked my friends very carefully thanks to all of these things, and most of them I will make sure I keep in touch with them for life. I just love them that much.

Why would I give all that up just to get rid of the useless nerves that hold me back from being who I want to be exactly.

Confucius
07-16-2014, 10:46 AM
I believe many cross-dresser would not want a "cure" because they fear being unhappy. We know that cross-dressing makes us happy, and we may find a "cure" more appealing if we understood the trade off.

If a cure means I would have more discretionary income...
If a cure means I would be more successful with females...
If a cure means it would improve my self-esteem...
If a cure means I would appreciate all the good things about being a man...
If a cure makes my wife and family love and respect me more...
If a cure means I would better channel my energies in more productive ways...
If a cure helped me get a better job and better income...
If a cure means it would be easier to accept myself, and I could be happy, then,

Honestly, I don't believe there is such a thing as a "cure", but if there was such a pill, then sign me up. My life would be easier.

Badwolf
07-16-2014, 10:50 AM
I mean confucius by that same logic what would happen if there as a pill to make us permanently female? Would that be considered a "cure" to some more than the other version.

I mean you bring up a lot of good points, but I disagree that it is just a fear of being unhappy in my case. It is more an acceptance that if I'm happy, I have no reason to change anything in my past. My future is still unwritten so if the cure was there, and I had the opportunity to take it with good reason many of the reasons you say still would be motivators to do so.

LelaK
07-16-2014, 11:21 AM
It seems like CDs here are divided vaguely into two groups (for convenience sake), those who value feminine identity quite a bit and those who just like to sample it a bit and maybe value masculine identity more than feminine. So the latter would not feel a great loss if they were to cease dabbling in femininity. The rest of us however would perhaps lose our sanity or interest in life, if we lost our feminine identity. I personally have always been somewhat embarrassed to have a male body and by male culture in general, especially authoritarianism (brutality, domination). There are some aspects of male culture I like and partake of, but not many, I think.

Katey888
07-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Adriana - you've asked an interesting question that has been interpreted in many interesting ways here... :devil:

At a simplistic level, for me, if the 'cure' fully eradicated my need to crossdress - and there was no other desire that replaced that, so I was just left with 'normal' me and 'normal' things to do - then why wouldn't I still be me? I'd still love women and how they dress, just for fewer reasons... I'd still be rubbish at understanding how to pair plain tops with patterned bottoms, but who would care? It wouldn't change my appreciation of fine art, contemporary dance, good cooking and wine... Why would it?

While I would agree that the loss of diversity to the world would be a bad thing (ultimately everything becomes vanilla and regimented), and I'm not saying I'd want it to change, but I don't see how it would make me any different from the core person that I am today...? :confused:

Is there a degree of 'crossdressing makes you a better person' going on here... because I don't see that. I don't think it makes us worse - but I do still see insensitivity, intolerance and bigotry amongst this population - I just don't see why we can't or wouldn't exhibit those traits we feel are positive ones, without the crossdressing part...

Maybe it's just me... :hiding:

Katey x

Lorileah
07-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Don't cure me, find a cure for the common cold first. I agree, almost everyone gets a cold (have one now).

Adriana, I'm curious as to why you would need crossdressing to be the person you described in your post? This is hard to explain to someone who doesn't see the world through our eyes. I don't know about Adriana, but in my case the exact opposite was true. I needed the clothes to be what society thought I should be.

My gender doesn't change who I am, no matter how I look I will always be me. If you change based on your appearance are you not just acting and portraying a character based on your ideal of what femininity is when you CD.
:yt:

If I were borne in India to different parents in the 17th century would I still be me?

You were don't you remember?

Richelle423
07-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Please don't cure but give me something to make me better at dressing and georgeous!

RADER
07-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Adriana;
Sorry, I misunderstood. No I would not change one bit. I enjoy what I do and
who I am. Dressing relaxes Me, and I enjoy it; And so did my wife. She would
pick out things for me to wear from time to time. I miss that.
Rader

mikiSJ
07-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Of course i would. Why would I put my self through all of this turmoil totally upsetting my life, my marriage, my family, my friendships.

The only positives I can think of right now are the new, and very caring, girlfriends who have chosen me to be a part of their lives.

Tracy Hazel Lee
07-16-2014, 01:16 PM
My activities bring way too much enjoyment for me to ever consider 'curing' myself. I also strongly believe that a part of my attraction to this comes from the fact that my girlfriend exhibits none of the qualities that I find attractive (visually) in women. I dress because I want exposure to these traits. Dressing myself up is the only way to get them without leaving the relationship. (don't want to do that either)

'Curing' myself would most definitely result in me going elsewhere (relationship-wise) to get my 'exposure'.

Cheryl T
07-16-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't need a cure to be me, I'm not sick, I'm not ill, I'm just ME.

Adriana Moretti
07-16-2014, 06:36 PM
lotta posts of people wishing they diddnt crossdress, lotta people feeling it is a curse or something. I get it...but thats no way to go through life...hating and regreting something you like..but I do see why people feel that way. I would need to be sick if i wanted a cure for something...and I'm not sick ....lots of great responses in here...too bad mine isnt one of them.

GeminaRenee
07-16-2014, 06:51 PM
I'm not diseased, so I don't see what I might need a cure for.

What I would like to see cured is the attitude that crossdressing is something that needs to be fixed. And language (as in, referring to a cure for it) that, consciously or not, endorses the notion that t-people should bend to the will of those who would condemn them.

tstvtryit
07-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Interesting question in that it suggests that CDing is a sickness. I've always seen it as a choice, merely another way to feel good about myself.

That being said: If there was a way to make me not feel the need to dress I would have to say 'no'. I feel as a man when I need to, and when I need to feel free, I dress as a woman. Again, it's a choice, a way to express feelings I cannot during the day to day grind, so why would I give that up?

AmandaM
07-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Being a crossdresser is a hassle in life, love, careers, etc. I'd take the pill. I'd also take it if I was gay, or anything else that stigmatizes you. Being a vanilla straight guy is so much easier in this world.

MelanieAnne
07-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Being a vanilla straight guy would be totally boring. And you'll get into more trouble chasing skirts then you will crossdressing. And maybe it sounds selfish, but when you are crossdressing, you can spend 100% of your time and energy pleasing yourself, instead of someone else.

Megan70
07-16-2014, 10:56 PM
:2c:In a heartbeat... I'd take a double dose on the rocks and look back regretfully at others lives I have hurt or affected. Its not just about me.

We CDs tend to be self absorbed, narcissistic and think the pretty little world of CDing is all painted nails, makeup wigs and heels. . I wish I'd never experimented with that first garment at 5 yrs old.:2c:

Aly Cat
07-16-2014, 11:39 PM
if that kind of technology was around, then surely technology would be around to make me a GG and then I wouldn't have to even worry about it in the first place. The only thing id want to fix is to correct what I should have been born with in the first place... Which is a vagina, and everything else that comes with that. I want the total package.

janetcgtv
07-16-2014, 11:48 PM
No Way:
The only cure I would want is that I would have a vagina between my legs and I am the proud mother of several children
by being a patient in a maternity ward.

Nadya
07-17-2014, 12:02 AM
I don't think I'd want to cure myself. It's not me that needs to change, it's the view of society that needs to change. Curing myself would take away a part that makes me who I am. Some people could argue that taking medication for mental conditions is similar but really, it isn't. Crossdressing is not a mental illness.

Badwolf
07-17-2014, 04:40 PM
As a non-conforming individual it's either be somewhat self absorbed, or start losing my self confidence.

I'd even disagree with the word though. I think about everyone I'm affecting while I do it. It's part of the reason I don't do everything I would want to do, and that includes my cross dressing. I would say I can be assertive in who I want to be.

It's part of the reason why I don't think it would still be the same me. This is a central part of why I have so much confidence in who I am at all times. As for my doubts, it's the reason that if it existed I can't say I wouldn't have considered it, or as I and other have suggested, considered becoming fully female.

:2c:In a heartbeat... I'd take a double dose on the rocks and look back regretfully at others lives I have hurt or affected. Its not just about me.

We CDs tend to be self absorbed, narcissistic and think the pretty little world of CDing is all painted nails, makeup wigs and heels. . I wish I'd never experimented with that first garment at 5 yrs old.:2c:

natcrys
07-17-2014, 04:57 PM
A cure would be great! Not for CD/TS/TGs, but for the horrible judgmental people out there that recklessly hate what they do not understand. Good luck getting them to take it though :)

This.. is the best answer I've seen to this "cure" question! :D

donnalee
07-18-2014, 12:27 AM
If I had to do it over again I would change a number of things, but this would be low priority and probably wouldn't make the list at all. I've made many mistakes in life, things I regret doing, "friends" I regret making and a family that turned out to be too dangerous to be around, those I've hurt (although I didn't intend to) and many other faults, but not dressing. I was incredibly lucky in that I found the right SO and that we stayed together until her death 3 years ago and that dressing was one thing that didn't faze her; just another facet of a loved one.
I don't think it would affect very much either way; I would still be me.

Lidea
07-18-2014, 02:34 AM
And maybe it sounds selfish, but when you are crossdressing, you can spend 100% of your time and energy pleasing yourself, instead of someone else.

Sorry to say, but that is definitely a selfish view. How sad would the world be if everybody wanted to spend 100% of their time pleasing themselves only.... and ironically enough.... it is soooo not like us real women to only try and please ourselves.

Megan70, I wish more CDs knew that life isnt just about nailpolish and high heels, and the same with being feminine.

I'm priviledge to have a husband who understands and really gets that.

Tinkerbell-GG
07-18-2014, 03:26 AM
Lidea, ditto!

I thought the same and also thanked the stars above that, while my H enjoys CD, he doesn't prefer it over time with me or our family or other people! (We went through a period of this but he fast realised it would end with him living alone!) Anyway, I find this hermit scenario sad and strange and not very feminine. The women I know all crave social interaction and close relationships with others ...but, each to their own.

And yep, Megan70 gets the preferred post medal in my book, too. If my H hadn't been curious at age 7, I wouldn't be on this forum! He is the one who also says this, but hey, kids do the darnedest things and this isn't exactly warned about in Scout books, lol.

Of course, for those born to be women, it's a different answer altogether and lately I think this is the demographic largely represented here. I would think a cure for them is to be born a woman. For the Joe Blow crossdresser who doesn't really get it and could have done without it in their life - there is selflessness and honesty in admitting you'd willingly drink the beer! :)

Tina_gm
07-18-2014, 04:53 AM
I would gladly drink the beer tink. I would not want to turn into an a hole just to be more masculine or macho..
. But if u ever stumble upon the drug which leaves my core personality intact and removes the femininity and desire to c please send it my way.

KatieV
07-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Depends on how you describe the cure. For me it would be to achieve a perfect balance between XX and XY, and warm acceptance for being blended, not just tolerance. To simultaneously be both man and woman, and to express that duality as I so choose, that's my cure.

StephanieR
07-25-2014, 05:19 AM
Great question. Makes me think of the Xmen movies. If a "cure" would take away half my personality, then, no thanks. If it would just take away the desire to dress, then I think I would sign up. My life would be so much easier.

CynthiaD
07-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Interesting question. Here's a better one. If there were a cure for being cis-gendered, would you use it "just in case?"

Marcelle
07-26-2014, 06:06 AM
Hi Adriana,

A little late to the thread but oh well, I'll pile on with my two cents. :2c:

I won' go into whether I think CDing can be, should be or will cured as that is not the intent of your question. More so, would I be a different person?

It really comes down to what you mean by curing. If I take the pragmatic approach I believe you mean removing the desire to dress "en femme" at whatever level we do (fully, partially, under dresser). If this is what you mean, then a big "no" for me. I am the same person dressed or not. Through therapy, I have learned that by "hook or by crook" I managed to suppress my CDing tendencies for 32 years and while they did manifest themselves during that time in some form of fetishistic self-pleasure (if you know what I mean) using particular items, I did not have the urge to dress or present "en femme". However, I was supressing the desire and like anything supressed it took an emotional toll on me which affected my personality. Specifically, I slowly slid from a happy go lucky guy into an angry, hostile, douchebag existence (affecting my marriage 5 years before I came out) and finally spiralling into a dark emotional depression which could have gone "very bad" . . . insert therapy, discovery of my gender identity issues and finally the emergence of Isha. Once I accepted Isha, I then started my upward crawl back to "happy go lucky guy". As my wife often tells me when I feel that Isha may be too much for her "Are you kidding, Isha gave me back the guy I married" :). So since I am no longer denying the existence of Isha, whether I am dressed "en boy" or "en girl" I am very happy (well as happy as anyone can be with life in general) and my personality has moved back to where it was 30 some years ago.

So, if a cure existed (say a simple pill) would I be different? As I said above "no". Without my desire to dress, I would have had nothing supress many years ago, my personality would have remained the same and would still be the same as it is today . . . happy just being me.

Hug

Isha

Mollyanne
07-26-2014, 06:20 AM
As for me, if the "cure" did actually exist I wouldn't do anything different. I like who I am mainly because this is me. Am I "wired" a bit differently YES. Do I like having a somewhat feminine figure YES. Do I like wearing all things feminine YES. Am I a woman NO. Have I thought about transitioning YES. My cross dressing has opened my eyes to a different world and has given me the opportunity to meet other like me and I have been doing this for a very long time. I have accepted and embraced all these facts and this is who I am.

Molly

Krisi
07-26-2014, 08:12 AM
The "cure" for crossdressing already exists. It's called "willpower". If you truly want to stop crossdressing it's a matter of deciding not to do it anymore and putting on male clothes every morning. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to crossdress.

I'm not saying it's easy and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with crossdressing as long as you're not hurting yourself or your loved ones. I am saying that it's in your power to stop if you need or want to.

Giselle(Oshawa)
07-26-2014, 08:19 AM
if there were such a cure I would take it in a heartbeat, it has taken its emotional toll on me for all my life.
although my wife has been tolerant and even supportive I know deep down how much my coming out to
her just over 3 yrs ago has hurt her.
I so enjoy the feminine side of myself and the expression of it in my dressing but if the urge wasn't there
life would be less stressful and much more simple

ReluctantDebutant
07-26-2014, 10:23 AM
I would take the pill in a heartbeat as well. I don't think it would any loss to my life at all. It defies my logic, it plays with my emotions, it does not concern itself with how I want to live my life. It acts on its own and will not be missed.

Krisi.

You are right willpower can work to stop that act of cross-dressing (I am practicing that myself) But it doesn't make it go away. It maybe out of sight but it is not out of mind.

LydiaG
07-26-2014, 11:25 PM
I don't see my crossdressing as something that needs a "pill" or a "cure". I'm 23 and I enjoy it a lot, I'm more confident with it and I care less about what people think than I use to. So for me I wouldn't change a thing about who I am and how I got here, I enjoy it, and it makes me happy so why should it need a "cure"?

BillieJoEllen
07-30-2014, 10:11 AM
My SO and I don't talk about my CDing anymore but years ago when we did discuss it was very evident that she wanted me 'cured'. I'm of the opinion that at this stage of my life I never will be 'cured'.

CynthiaD
07-30-2014, 12:40 PM
OK, I've given you a smart-ass answer (which really isn't a smart-ass answer). But I feel like this topic is very serious, and deserves a more serious answer. The question posed by the OP is really two questions. First, "if there was a cure, would you take it?" And second "if you did take it, would you still be you?"

As to the first question, I consider it a blessing to be transgendered. I consider being transgendered to be vastly preferable to being cis-gendered. Let's suppose, for a moment, that I were a world-famous concert pianist. If there were a "cure" for being a world famous concert pianist, a "cure" that would turn me into someone who could only play "chopsticks" at parties, would I take it? What kind of a question is that? No! Of course I wouldn't. That's how I feel about being transgendered. My comment about a cure for being cis-gendered was meant to reflect exactly this sentiment.

As to the second question, no, I wouldn't be me. In fact, I've tried really hard to be that guy. I don't like him very much. He was only half a person. Actually, I don't really dislike him. He was just trying to do what he thought was his duty, and there's nothing wrong with that. As I've stated in other posts, I consider the female side of my personality to be the best part of me: the part of me that I like the most. I like aspects of my male side as well. But without the female side, which is much stronger, I'm at best only half a person. No, I wouldn't be the same person without my female side.

Kris Avery
08-10-2014, 06:37 PM
I would not ever take a cure. To me, it's the beginning of a natural evolution of the "old school" 1970's macho hairy man that deep down - everyone hated anyway.
Certainly that "person" would find less acceptance today than then.

Just yesterday my SO (wife) told me that she would also not wish that I (if available) would take a cure for CD - as she loved me for who I was and if I was 'somehow cured' of it - it would change me and that would be a tragic loss.

Wow, the depth of emotion in hearing that was profound. It was way more than acceptance.

kellyanne
08-11-2014, 01:00 PM
let me know when they find said cure for being straight, gay, tall, short, extrovert and introvert LOL

charlenesomeone
08-11-2014, 01:18 PM
No cure, but like others a way to totally be female and then back again. I like both sides.

Isabella Ross
08-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Never. I came out to my parents and siblings a few months ago. My mother was incredibly supportive but clearly seemed to feel sorry for me...that it was an incredible burden. I set her straight very quickly, and explained to her that my TGism brings me so much joy that, if there were a switch or a "cure", I would never be stupid enough to go for it.

cdkateinboston
08-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Never. I love my male and female side.