PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you stopped dressing up?

Mia27
07-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Ive tried to quit crossdressing so many times!! Ive purged about 6 times in my life already. The longest time without dressing up was about 3 to 4 years. I keep wanting to quit, but then i dont!! Somedays i just want to be all girly, and others i hate that i am that way. Its confusing:P But its all good, life keeps going on i guess. Oh my last purge lasted about 1 week. I even bought a new wig to compensate for how much i missed dressing up:P life... confusing as hell

Michaelasfun
07-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Not sure about really "stopping", but I have gone months sometimes w/o dressing, I think mainly because I'm subject to depression at times and just don't feel like it. I have however resisted the urge to purge and just left my girly stuff in the closet til I feel like doing it again.

Rachael Leigh
07-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the purge club hon, well your a long term member.
I did a big one recently and it was about my 3rd or 4th.
Yes it's tough being who we are or what we think anyway.
I understand the hate too.
Hang in there

MelanieAnne
07-15-2014, 10:18 PM
I've never actually tried to quit. But I have lost interest several times for various periods up to several months, due to the excitement of a new girlfriend. But I always go back to it, and never get rid of anything.

sometimes_miss
07-16-2014, 06:20 AM
I've quit more times than I can count, nearly all back when I used to believe that I had a normal chance of finding a GF who would accept that I might crossdress again someday, that it wouldn't be a relationship breaker. Now that possibility seems out of reach, so I just take time off once in a while, testing the dating waters, knowing that I will probably not ever get to stop permanently.

BLUE ORCHID
07-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Hi Mia, I quit at least once or twice a day.

brit_cd
07-16-2014, 07:58 AM
i have quit a bunch and purged a few times. I used to think i was wrong for dressing. But now i have become ok with it and feel like i am not the only one in the world doing it. Being online and finding so many others has really helped. Back before i had internet i had no idea how many of us there really are.
I think the last time i purged was a few years ago. I will not do it again because i got some really cute stuff and its too hard to get.
It has been a really confusing time over the years though. Much better now though, even though nobody knows and i gotta sneak in some gurl time here and there.

Ressie
07-16-2014, 09:10 AM
Not many purges in my life, but the wardrobe purged has been larger each time. I would hate to purge the wardrobe I have now, there's too much invested.

mariehart
07-16-2014, 09:27 AM
I only purged once and that was when I got married. Mostly for the practical reason that I couldn't bring it with me. I never actually stopped dressing though only now it was my wife's clothes occasionally.

Badwolf
07-16-2014, 09:54 AM
From my point of view anytime I have to go for an extended period of time without dressing is "stopping". I'm entering a month stretch where it's just not possible. Sometimes it's less planned than this one.

Either way my intent is never to stop permanently though. I'm just willing to go and live my life as I want to without being bound to dressing, or not dressing.

BillieJoEllen
07-16-2014, 10:57 AM
I can't always dress and I've unwillingly gone a few months at times. When I entered the service I had to purge all my stuff because I didn't think I'd be coming back from Viet Nam. Went three years that time.

HipHugger
07-16-2014, 11:59 AM
I've never really stopped or purged.

Sometimes I've slackened off, but it wasn't because I'd quit underdressing.

Samantha Clark
07-16-2014, 12:04 PM
I think I'm a Cicada. I have long dormant periods followed by a burst of activity.

Nadine Spirit
07-16-2014, 12:09 PM
I purged once. Got rid of everythng, except for underwear. I suppose that I somehow figured out some lame reason why that didn't "count." Ha funny!

Within a year or two, I had replaced everything. Also I came to understand that this is me, and I am going to go with it. No more hating myself and I am trying to institute a policy of self love. Guilt, shame, worry, who needs it? Not me. I will never purge again.

If I see something wrong with me, I work to change it. I see nothing wrong with cross dressing thus I work to accept it.

KittyD
07-16-2014, 12:20 PM
For a long time I couldn't... but now, I'm making up for that, long time... When I dress I enjoy myself - Its fun :)

latex-steph
07-16-2014, 12:45 PM
I would dress in secret in my previous relationship. When then ended and I was doing the single thing with all the opportunities to dress in private, the desire was gone. I attribute this to having the hunter guy instincts going full power. Once I was in a relationship again and content the urge came back.

Tracy Hazel Lee
07-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Never. The thought of throwing away money is not appealing to me...

Princess Grandpa
07-16-2014, 01:29 PM
I always thought I just had a panty fetish. I didn't realize I was a cross dresser. Since coming to understand myself I have yet to be visited with the need to stop. Should that come at some point, I hope I have learned enough to pack things away rather than throwing them out. Just in case

Hug
Rita

Cheryl T
07-16-2014, 05:07 PM
I can't even remember how many times I "purged" and swore Never Again from when I was about 16 till 10 years ago when I came out to my wife. I know it is now "Never Again" but this time that refers to purging. I finally accepted myself for who I am and I will not go back.

Maria 60
07-16-2014, 05:47 PM
Well when I was younger every time is finished dressing I thought it was my last time. I would buy a pair of pantyhose and wear them, take them off and tell myself this is the last time I do this, and then a week later I was buying another pair. When I told my wife was when it all came together. She told me not to drive myself crazy trying to figure it out, as far as she was concerned I wasn't hurting anyone and that there was nothing wrong with me that I was a normal person, and just enjoy it when you can and most of all have fun with this gift I was given. I took her advice and just enjoy every opportunity I get and try not to ask why me? On one of my bigger purges before my wife, I threw out a slip I wish I could take back. It was a real satin slip I, you mite say stole from a friend. It felt so great and would trade the fifty slips I have now for that one back.

Adriana Moretti
07-16-2014, 06:26 PM
I have purged maybe 3 or 4 times...and I always come back to it. I finally accepted the fact that Adriana is not going anywhere, and it is ok to crossdress so...no more purging for me. Besides it is such a waste to have to re-buy everything again...now the only thing I purge is clothing that no longer fits and is too big ( yay diet) !!!

Christen
07-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Mia, I'm sure many of us share or have shared those feelings. How many times have I stopped? Too many to count, there are specific moments in life where I vowed never to do it again, times where I though I'd done it all, I have nothing left to prove, nothing new to experience, I don't need this. How many times have I purged? Maybe six times, maybe more, definitely more. The last purge, known locally as the "The Great Purge of 2013", saw me frantically starting to replace things not more than 48 hours later.
This thing is confusing, especially when you're younger. Get some advice if you feel you need it, professional advice. But ultimately accept your feelings, they are valid.

Christen x

GeminaRenee
07-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Well, I've both stopped and I've purged. By stopping, I mean just not dressing indefinitely, whether by choice, or a lack of desire to dress. I can't say how many times I've done that, because it always feels pretty natural.

What doesn't feel natural at all are the times I've purged. I've probably had 3 or 4 major ones. At least, they were major enough for me to really wish I hadn't. I used to say I regretted them, but ultimately they were all necessary for me to be where I am today - which is to say that I'm a lot more secure with myself and that idea that this isn't going away.

I wouldn't dwell on not wanting to dress, at times. It happens to the best of us. For whatever reason, sometimes the need is just not there. But it's a mistake to think that signifies that it's gone away for good. Better just to save your things in a safe place until the day comes that you find that old girl knocking on your door. She doesn't like to wait outside.

At least with my last significant purge, I'd learned enough to have the good sense to pack away a "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" box. When the emergency came, all I had to do was climb back into the attic. But really, there's a reason people on here constantly recommend not purging: it's a terrible idea.

Nadya
07-17-2014, 12:32 AM
I've only purged once and regretted it. It is a terrible waste of money and good clothes. Confusion is common for us but what might help you come to terms with it is confiding what you do to someone you trust. I'm not saying you definitely should but I did it and I haven't had a desire to purge since. As long as it is a positive experience, it can really help with the shame you feel.

Miss Interpretation
07-17-2014, 01:00 AM
I've purged twice already, maybe three times in just the past 10 years. My purges are never 100%...I usually just throw away enough so the remaining stuff (usually my favorite) is small enough to hide or move with me. Like many of the CDers here, I've tried to stop dressing altogether, but I always come back to it! Plus, over the years I've gotten a little better at selecting clothes that fit me well. I guess you could say I'm just throwing out the old stuff and replacing it with new clothes!

jennCD
07-17-2014, 02:48 AM
I've never purged anything but I have stopped dressing for long periods. Currently, the last time I dressed was around 2011 I think.

trishacd
07-17-2014, 07:11 AM
Ive purged three times regretfully.I had to get new forms makeup ect. I had a lot of cute clothes. The last time was about 5 years ago,like you i know this is who i am and enjoy it.Its a rush to have to have a dress or shoes when you see them. I have 16 dresses tons of shoes skirts tops ect.and i will never purge again.

Frédérique
07-18-2014, 12:19 AM
How many times have you stopped dressing up? I keep wanting to quit, but then i dont!! Somedays i just want to be all girly, and others i hate that i am that way.

I’ve stopped a couple of times, simply because my situation left no time for crossdressing. I always knew I would pick it up later, and I had something to look forward to. It’s much like getting back on the proverbial bicycle and going for a really interesting “ride.” I don’t want to quit, but, truth be told, I know it’s impossible…

I never hate wanting to be “girly,” rather I relish the unalterable fact and slip into something WAY more comfortable. Don’t waste your time hating your “self,” my dear, just DO it…
:battingeyelashes:

Rachel137
07-18-2014, 01:41 AM
I have purged a few times in my life and I am sorry I did! I wish I did not because I threw away so many really nice things and wish I still had it all.
I had great shoes which are so hard to find in my size(12).
Never again!! I love the things I have now.
Also I so relate to dumping everything when a girl I just met rocked my world. I thought I was done with cross dressing.
Then before I knew it I was trying her things on!!
Anyway this is me and no more purging, ever!
Girls do NOT throw your things away. If you are feeling that way just pack your things up and store them.
I assure you that you will go back to them sooner or later.

amandagurl2014
07-18-2014, 07:00 AM
Purged atleast a dozen times. Made it about two years without dressing at one point. The desires always sneak back, and end up dressing again. A lot of nice clothes and shoes have been donated or trashed over the years. Now, I keep enough stuff around to dress when Im really in the mood but keep it stored most of the time. That way it doesn't consume me and can present as a male most of the time which Im happy to do.

Beverley Sims
08-05-2014, 01:58 PM
I really have not stopped since I was sixteen.
Always have worn women's nightwear or gone naked in the world.

CynthiaD
08-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Sometimes in the evening, when I'm really exhausted, I completely lose the desire to dress. But when I wake up the next morning, it's back with a vengeance.

Christinedreamer
08-06-2014, 02:16 AM
I only dressed all the way a few times for Halloween over the years. The MCC church I attended knew me as a sort of straight guy with an open mind and they loved it when I went en femme a couple times. I am a big guy with a powerful bass voice and never even entertained the idea of going anywhere en femme except on Oct 31. I was lucky enough to have a GF when I was young that loved my dressing and my wife loved it as wel.l We were only together for a year and a half but we really enjoyed our matching nightgowns etc.
Over the last several years I have found my desire to wear my fave item -Peignoirs- has diminished greatly. I love to look at them and watch all the stories about TG in every aspect and I have all the TG movies. I used to come home after a long rough day, shower and slip into a long peignoir and sit back in my LazyBoy and listen to quiet music for hours. Even that has seriously diminished.

Is this a common loss as we age? Anyone else losing the desire?

Tina B.
08-06-2014, 08:27 AM
I've dressed for around 66 years, in that time, I've purged once completely, where I threw out everything I owned, and once where I threw out most of what I had. The first purge, was as my first marriage was breaking up, and I moved back in with family for a while. The second time was after I got married the second time, and was feeling guilty about the dressing, and planned on quitting for ever. Forever lasted about 5 years, then a few years latter, life got busy, and I stopped dressing for about 3 years. For the last 30+ years I've dressed at will, never thought of slowing down or quitting again. Now the closes I come to a purge, is throwing out faded, stretched, torn, or just plain ugly mistakes of shopping. After all, a girl has to make room for all of the next seasons great buys!

krissy
08-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Im 57 i cant count the times i have tried to quit. but i came to accept that this is a big part of me.and noone or nothing will change who i am. Im more at peace now.

Cheryl T
08-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Purging? I can't even remember, but I'm sure it's double digits.
As for Stopping...never. A purge always turned out to be a closet clearing event, not a stoppage in play...lol.

Dianne S
08-06-2014, 10:11 AM
When I was younger (< 25) I purged and tried to stop two or three times. After the last one, I realized I was wasting time and money and just kept dressing instead.

Sharon B.
08-06-2014, 10:17 AM
One thing I did learned to do instead of purging I just pack it away there are times when I do stop dressing but I always start back up again. As of right now I haven't dressed in a month or two although I want to but right now I am unable to do it.

Raychel
08-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I have purged a few times in the past, and there has been times that the purge lasted for many years.

but now that my wife and family knows about Raychel, I cant see that happening again. :thumbsup:

Yes life can be confusing, but once you earn to accept this is just part of you, it does get easier.

Kelseyhunter
08-06-2014, 11:00 AM
I stopped dressing up when I was 16. Seemed like I kind or grew out of it. I just recently started doing it again when I ask my wife what she thought about it. So now I do it everyday.

Seana Summer
08-06-2014, 11:35 AM
I have not had a purge since I was about 15 or 16. From about 12 to 16 I had several purges. I remember one time I dug a very deep hole and buried my cloths:doh:. The last time I think I burned them:rolleyes:. I would stop for a few weeks then start back up again.

I then stopped CDing for more than a decade until I was much older and well out of collage. Never had a purge since.......... and don't plan to

Kate Simmons
08-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Over my lifetime? Too numerous to count. Never of my own volition, except for the last time which was totally my choice. Since then I manage the dressing well along with a real life and a real accepting GF. Works for me. :battingeyelashes::)

Stephanie47
08-06-2014, 11:41 AM
I've never purged. I have amassed too many lovely dresses and undergarments. I've gone without being en femme for several months at a time due to my wife being home for the summer from work. I wouldn't call it purging. I should go through my dresses and slips are donate those that no longer fit or out of style.

JessMe
08-06-2014, 09:22 PM
I have purged at least three times voluntarily... decided to "be a man" ...and at least once without my approval (I was a kid a couple hundred miles from home and mom "cleaned" my room.) ...none of these cessations lasted longer than a month or two... though knowing that my mother knew scared the crap out of me and made me get better at hiding. Lol ...as an aside, she and I had "the talk" a couple of years ago, and she's still not what I'd call supportive.
...pretty much the only thing that's changed since the last big purge is that I've started accepting that this IS me and that it will never go away, ever. ...I still keep pretty quiet about it in my day to day life, but just because it isn't busy doesn't mean it isn't open... like 7-11. Lol

ringedjohn
08-07-2014, 04:48 AM
I only underdress. I have purged two or three times in the past, but never for long enough to say that I stopped dressing up. Each time it has only been a week or two before I bought some more feminine underwear.

I now know that purging is a waste of money and I will always start wearing again. I am pretty confident that I will never purge again.

Tina G
08-07-2014, 05:00 AM
I couldn't say exactly how many times i have tried to suppress who i really am but what i can say is i wish i could go back and feel the way i do now.. I'm done with all the hiding and lying to myself, the depression and anxiety. I'm out and noone is stopping me now :cheer: :twirl::gfi::fairy3:

Jillian Faith
08-07-2014, 05:30 AM
I purged everything about 17 years ago while going thru a bad divorce. The non dressing period lasted about 5-6 years until I came out to my second wife.

JustineFallow
08-07-2014, 10:43 PM
I've never stopped and never purged, but can go really long times without it. By contrast, I've dressed up two nights in a row just now. There's no way to predict.

chris80
08-08-2014, 02:51 AM
never stopped nor wished to stop