PDA

View Full Version : Funny comment at yoga class.

Sometimes Steffi
07-16-2014, 08:37 PM
It was a fairly typical yoga class, me in my usual drab, about 8 GGs and a GG Yogi (instructor).

She's having us do a back stretch, and she says to me, "I'm sorry, but I only know how to teach this position to girls." I'm thinking, "What's up with this?" Then she says, "Lying on your, place the block about 2 inches below your bra strap, and bend over backwards until your head touches the mat."

If she only knew how much I knew. I would have thought my blue toe nail polish might have been a give-away, but I'm surprised that almost no one even mentions it and many don't even see it. And it's a deep teal blue that is easy to see even in a darkened Yoga studio.

Genny B
07-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Maybe they do know and are playing with you?

Genny B

Badwolf
07-16-2014, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't put it below some GG's to play with you. Either way who cares? You get to do the Yoga pose correctly, and the teacher might start thinking that the same method works for guys. I have a Yoga video I enjoyed that I did a few times with a gay friend...he couldn't get past the part where they were saying that one of the movements was good for the ovaries.

Sometimes Steffi
07-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Maybe they do know and are playing with you?

Genny B

I have a fantasy about that, but we should talk about it when I see you next.

Beverley Sims
08-06-2014, 02:58 PM
It's fun having the background knowledge sometimes. :)

CynthiaD
08-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Well, next time you'll know to wear a bra. :)

Sarasometimes
08-06-2014, 07:22 PM
I think she got a big hint when you didn't ask where is that. Maybe if you add plain yoga pants to your ensemble you toes will be noticed. I think with the toenail polish it may not be something easily chatted about. You could of course compliment a classmate on her choice of nail color to break the ice. Enjoy your next yoga class.

Cara Lacey
08-06-2014, 07:29 PM
They probably didn't think much of it, considering that they see a lot of painted toenails in the yoga class.

Also, here in the desert were a lot of people were sandals, it's not uncommon to see guys with painted toenails. I went to a classic car show and most of the guys have their toenails painted to match their hot rods!

jillishy
08-06-2014, 07:39 PM
I hope you're planning on attending again...you could have some fun with this and we get to share.