PDA

View Full Version : The perils of a new house

siantv2003
07-17-2014, 04:18 AM
Well, we've just moved to a new place in Hampshire so its been a while since Sian was out. However, I got to work from home this morning and so decided to spend time as Sian.

Didn't go over the top - underwear, nice flowing maxi dress and my gold sandals - high but not stupidly at 4.5'. First thing I was going to do was make myself a cup of coffee and so stepped out of the bedroom and promptly poleaxed myself on the top of the door frame!! Walked straight into and cut my head ...

As I sit here stopping the bleeding, it never occurred to me that the top of the door would come into play in my heels. Didn't seem to be a problem in the old place!

Beth Wilde
07-17-2014, 04:55 AM
They like to save money here in Hants by lowering door frames :D

If you want to know the my description of agonising, try my trick of standing up in a 6ft high cellar when you're 6ft tall and wearing 4 inch heels..... I slammed my head into the ceiling and nearly knocked myself out! Had to sit back down again for a while until the room stopped moving.

Marcelle
07-17-2014, 05:53 AM
Hi Sian . . . OUCH :sad: I guess I am a glad to be a bit Hobbit sized as I can say I never worry about that.

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
07-17-2014, 06:47 AM
Bless! I hope it's not too damaging... It is a bit of a hard hat area around here... :)

It's been a while since I lived in a quaint, Hampshire cottage but I still remember banging my head on low hanging beams and I'm no beanpole either.. (but I draw the line at 'Hobbit'...! :eek:)

You'll get used to it quickly - aversion therapy with physical damage makes for rapid learning, I find... perhaps you need a couple days off sick too...? :cool:

Katey x

UNDERDRESSER
07-17-2014, 09:42 AM
You'll get used to it quickly - aversion therapy with physical damage makes for rapid learning, I find...

Katey xI beg to differ, hasn't worked for me yet!

Note to self, if trying on heels, wear a helmet!

Eringirl
07-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Sian...Wow, that must have really hurt !! Hope it won't leave a mark on your pretty head. I too, don't have to worry to much about that at 5'10", but some heels should come with a warning :)

Erin

Bria
07-17-2014, 10:45 AM
I know the problem, at 6' 3" one must be careful, I've hit my head on a lot of things over the years even with out heels. I hope the damage isn't too great. Head wound tend to bleed a lot for an very small cut so maybe you won't be disfigured for life!!

Hugs, Bria

Teresa
07-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Sian I feel for you, I don't have a door frame imprint on my head but a 3" hex nut from exiting an inspection hatch and finding a half ton counter weight ! There were suddenly twice as many stars in the sky !
I tried blaming my CDing on that but didn't get very far !!

Badwolf
07-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Doors vary all over the place. Us 6 footers tend to be right at that area where it isn't a problem...until it is.

Tatiana
07-23-2014, 06:12 AM
Welcome to the south coast Sian. I know what you mean. At 6' I am forever bashing my head on the chandelier which sits just above where I do the ironing. No doubt you will develop a habitual stoop soon!

Tatiana.

Amanda L.
07-23-2014, 06:19 AM
Hi Sian
I think Katey has the answer. Send me your postal address and I will send you my hard hat.
However I would want to see it worn with a nice dress and heels (steel capped if you can get them)
Hows that for a thread,,,,Photos En Femme in our daily male work clothes?
Cheers
Amanda

Alice Torn
07-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Sian, I know the feeling. I am six foot six inches, and have one low door to the bedroom here. I have been "brained" countless times, even in running shoes, but with heels, my wig helps cushion the bump slightly! You must have really hit with force, to be bleeding like that! I sometimes have thought of wearing a little hard bump cap.

siantv2003
07-30-2014, 02:13 AM
Thanks Girls - nice to know that I'm not alone. Thought about wearing my cycle helmet for a while but it really clashed with my cocktail dress!
Had a couple of close calls since but as Katy says " aversion therapy with physical damage makes for quick learning" :o also getting used to the house so know when to duck

mariehart
07-30-2014, 11:25 AM
Reading this I'm glad to be an 'average size' 5'8".

Beverley Sims
08-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Some of those old thatched homes have even lower door ways.
I have hit my head on them in flats.
Some doorways are only 5' 8".

HelenR2
08-21-2014, 06:41 AM
At home I walk around in socks or flat ballets. The doorway to my toilet clears my head by about 6mm and when I wear heels I nearly always forget to duck. When dressed I sit down to pee and I need that little rest to get over the usual head banging from the doorway.

Jorja
08-21-2014, 06:52 AM
Sounds to me like the Brits need to learn to build doorways properly. At 6'1" I have never had that problem. :)

BLUE ORCHID
08-21-2014, 07:12 AM
Hi Sain, I just about took out the kitchen fan/light combination I bent one of the lights.

livefree83
08-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Ouch, hope you are ok.

My wife and I moved into our newly constructed home a few months ago.

On the first night staying there, when my wife was away, I dressed in my black pantyhose and a t shirt. The only trouble was that I didn't realize, at the time, that we didn't have window treatments in any of the rooms.

Hopefully, none of my neighbors saw me. :)

Melissa_59
08-21-2014, 09:55 AM
If you want to know the my description of agonising, try my trick of standing up in a 6ft high cellar when you're 6ft tall and wearing 4 inch heels..... I slammed my head into the ceiling and nearly knocked myself out! Had to sit back down again for a while until the room stopped moving.

I've done something similar, but I was dressed in guy-mode and in the kitchen. I'd opened the cabinet over the stove to see how my spices were holding up (was making a grocery list) and dropped a bottle of salt (plastic bottle, no mess yes). I bent over to pick it up and when I straightened up I hit my head on the open cabinet door, right in the corner - and knocked myself out. I woke up some time later on the floor with my head aching and bleeding (in two places, apparently I banged my head a 2nd time on the way to the tile floor) and saying to myself "That was stupid, won't do that again..."

You don't need to be in heels to knock yourself out, if you're me. I'm as graceful as a gazelle... in swim fins.

~Melissa in West Texas