PDA

View Full Version : Just went for a walk dressed

Lucy Lou
07-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Hi everyone. I just went out for a walk dressed, the first time for a long time. Where I live, the summer time has people about all the time but in winter it's a ghost town.

Well, tonight, I dressed up and felt I had to go out and walk around in the street a bit. I had a knee length dress on and wig and full make up and ear rings and a suede jacket and shawl on. I did feel a little nervous because it is not the sort of place where crossdressers are readily accepted, but I didn't care.

Anyway, I hadn't gone more than 30 yards before i walked past a guy going to work who said hello to me and walked on. He didn't seem to know that I was a guy dressed up and it felt wonderful as he passed me. I walked a bit further then headed for home.

I know that there are lots of girls here who do this all the time but it was a good step and I am getting more comfortable with it, even though I have been dressing for years. France can sometimes be a bit backward, unless you live in Paris, which I don't, but it was good anyway. :)

well, that was the first time I have met a complete stranger dressed. Maybe he knew, maybe he didn't but it was really early in the morning here and dark. I loved it. :battingeyelashes:

Lucy Lou xx

Badwolf
07-17-2014, 11:37 PM
That's incredible. It goes t show that context does make a huge difference in people's snap recognition.

Desirae
07-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Did you say hi back to him?

Miss Interpretation
07-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Awesome! Congratulations on stepping out. I'm sure you looked fabulous and the guy didn't know at all.

alexakennard
07-18-2014, 12:07 AM
I think that's incredible. I have been considering walking around my Uni here once I get a hoodie to cover my head. I've longed to go out in public, but I don't think it'll happen unless it's late at night.

Krisi
07-18-2014, 08:12 AM
It's great that you went out but please remember that women don't normally walk around alone in the dark because it's unsafe.

The best place to hide is right out in the open. Assuming your presentation is good enough that people won't recognize you, once you get out of your home you can walk around in crowds in the daylight. Parks, malls, the tourist or business section of the city, etc. If someone reads you as a guy, so what? They don't know you so it doesn't matter.

Marcelle
07-18-2014, 08:26 AM
Hi Lucy Lou . . . CONGRATS ON YOUR OUTING!!!! :cheer:

Little outings are sometimes the best and the thrill is so exciting. Tiny steps and before you know it, you will be out and about.

Hugs

Isha

Bria
07-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Lucy Lou, I happy that you were able to get past the door! I have been going out to a weekly group for about six months and still feel a little fear/anxiety when I walk from my car to the front door especially in the day light, night is another story. Its a safe place at night so I don't have those concerns. It just gets a little easier each time.

Be sure to have fun and be safe!!

Hugs, Bria

samantha rogers
07-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Awesome, Lucy! Each time gets easier. It really does. So happy for you!

Michelle8
07-18-2014, 12:01 PM
It is a thrill to go out.I go for walks everyday dressed and so far have not been read.Today our Town is having a big street fair and I decided to walk
through it dressed.I must have fit in because nobody said a word.What a thrill! It felt great to be a women out enjoying the festival.

Eringirl
07-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Hi Lucy Lou...how exciting, good for you! That was a brave step. Next time will be easier and each time your confidence will grow, which is half the battle - at least for me.

Take care,

Erin

Lucy Lou
07-18-2014, 02:03 PM
Thank you girls for the encouraging comments. It will be easier next time and it felt really good that I will do it again, soon. As for being safe, I am aware of the safety aspect but where I live attacks on people don't really happen. People might say something but nothing violent, it is not that sort of place.

I wish I could share it with someone and go out together as a couple of girls out shopping or coffee. One day. I still will carry on doing it for myself as I cannot and will not stop dressing so the going out more often is just the next step.

Lucy Lou xx

BettyPage
07-18-2014, 06:18 PM
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Congrats and wize step sweetie !
Betty

jenny_cd
07-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Lovely! Its still a thrill for me just to dress, go out, and walk around! :)

BethanyAnn
07-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Congrats Lucy. Those moments feel so empowering don't they?

Bethany

CarlaWestin
07-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Ah, yes. That irresistible siren's song (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren_(mythology)) from the front door. Being out and about dressed is the ultimate.

BLUE ORCHID
07-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Hi Lucy Lou, It sounds like you are really presenting as a lady, congratulations.

Tracii G
07-19-2014, 10:33 PM
Congrats Lucy next time will be easier.

Darlylong
07-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Actually it is very chilly and late out so I tossed my little black thing I was wearing and threw on a velvet cape and took a walk.

Beverley Sims
08-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Lucy,
You are stepping out well.

charlenesomeone
08-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Lucy, good going. It is big and it gets easier. Way to go.
XX