PDA

View Full Version : Mishap or blessing?

Genny B
07-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Was in man mode grilling some ribs and talking with the SO when she informed the grill was on fire! Working quickly with tongs to save the meat, I was successful. Unfortunately and unknown to me at the time I lost part of my eyebrows and seriously fringed most of my arm hair. I'm thinking I may have to do this again!

Genny B

AprilMayy<3
07-19-2014, 04:05 PM
"Oh look honey! Some of my arm hair burnt off, might as well (roll your eyes while raising the pitch of your voice) just shave the rest off!!" ;)

BLUE ORCHID
07-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Hi Ginny, I haven't had a problem with the arm hair for a few years now
about twenty years ago a carburetor back fired and it took out the
eyebrows for a few weeks.

Andy66
07-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Way to put a positive spin on things, Genny! Lol! :hugs:

Katey888
07-19-2014, 06:00 PM
I know we make sacrifices to look beautifully feminine but this is positively medieval... :eek:

Could start a new trend for the 'Jeanne d'Arc Epilation Technique'... Just keep a can of Burneze handy...

I hope you like your BBQs well done Genny and the stinging has gone away by now... :hugs:

Katey x

Amanda L.
07-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Grilling ribs on the Barby......mmmmmm! can smell it now.
Eeewwe! Burnt hair, might just have the salad.
Nice one Genny, love your work babe
Cheers
Amanda

Beverley Sims
08-10-2014, 12:56 PM
I lost my leg hair fighting wild fires in shorts.
I did not burn my legs, they just got darned hot.
I now have hairless legs. :)

Eryn
08-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Little man rushes up after mishap carrying small black bag.

Examines victim's arms.

Says (with Western twang) "Oh, dear, looks like that hair has gotta come off!"

Tina G
08-10-2014, 02:04 PM
lol funny story.. you should just go with it and finish shaving the arms so it doesn't happen next time.

Tina

CynthiaD
08-10-2014, 11:15 PM
You can't burn what isn't there. I shaved my arm hair off years ago, and I keep it shaved. Good riddance.

Now about those eyebrows, you can always draw them back on with eyebrow pencil. And you can make them look however you want. I've seen GGs do this to give themselves ultra-arched eyebrows!

Kris Avery
08-11-2014, 09:06 AM
My SO actually trims my eyebrows every time I sit down on the couch next to her - when she has good lighting.
I just wish we would get a newer pair of scissors since the ones she uses are dull and pull.
I'm not saying anything about that though. Why ruin a good thing?

Marcelle
08-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Cute story Genny. Now you just have to find something for your leg hair . . .

"You won't believe this, I was burning some brush and got distracted by a squirrel and poof, my leg hair just burned off" :)

Hugs

Isha

Krisi
08-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Those carburetor stories are getting harder to believe now that most autos don't have them.

Genny B, you'll probably have to trim the other eyebrow and arm to match the burned ones.