PDA

View Full Version : Glad to get back here

LelaK
07-22-2014, 08:51 AM
I didn't know if there was something wrong with my internet connection that I wasn't able to access this site for the last two days or if the site was down. But now it appears the site was down.

How much of a bummer was that for you? What did you want to say or read that you didn't get to? Did it interrupt a discussion you were on? It did me.

It was a little bit of a letdown for me, but not a big deal, since it didn't last too long. Had it lasted a few days more, I would've become worried etc. I'd miss not being able to connect with people here.

Valerie
07-22-2014, 08:54 AM
While I was slightly frustrated, I was also glad to notice how much I missed connecting with the site. The thought that it could go away for ever was truly disquieting. So, kudos to all who keep this site going!

BOBBI G.
07-22-2014, 08:55 AM
Lela,
You're not alone on this. I felt as though I was going through withdrawal. I have no idea how many hours I spent trying to figure this out, and then I read your post. Oh, well, I've heard frustration is good for the soul.

Bobbi

Teresa
07-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Lelak it would have a real loss after the support I've had from so many good friends !
I have to say this is one of the best sites that genuinely helps the various members problems and offers real support. I did start to look through other sites in case we lost this one permanently, thank goodness we haven't !!

Jaylyn
07-22-2014, 09:03 AM
I checked the site many times every day. It's a habit that I enjoy and was tempted to try some of the other sites listed on the Crossdressers search. But most were to either date a dresser or have sex with one. This is the on
Y site I really need. I did email a friend CD and she was having the same problem so I knew the site must be down.

SherriePall
07-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Me, too. Missed everyone.

grace7777
07-22-2014, 09:11 AM
At first when I tried to connect to the site and it was down, I thought it might be my internet connection, but then I figured out that the connection was not the problem. Having the site down made me realize how important the site is to me. I visit this site often and it has become one of my favorite sites.

emma-louise
07-22-2014, 09:24 AM
i love this site and it has been annoying that the site has been down anyone know why???

Crissy65
07-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Sometimes one does not appreciate what they have until they do not have it! So happy to be back!

jenny_cd
07-22-2014, 10:27 AM
There is a sticky up at the top about site upgrades and kinks, so hopefully it was just a blip and things will smooth out now. :)

CONSUELO
07-22-2014, 10:41 AM
I too was surprised by how much I missed this site. I thought at first that my link was corrupted but then tried going from a google link and when that didn't work I realised what was wrong.
Glad to see it up and running again.

JenniferR771
07-22-2014, 10:47 AM
I am so, so glad the site is up and running again. I was a trifle panicked--because I thought that possibly my wife had managed to find a way to block this site on our computer. Whew!

devida
07-22-2014, 11:06 AM
The site goes down from time to time. I'm amazed that it stays up as much as it does and grateful to all the folk who keep it online. I cannot imagine that anyone makes anything more than pocket money doing this.

But, of course, when it goes down I take it personally and a little part of me mopes around and complains.

BLUE ORCHID
07-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Hi Lela, :daydreaming: I was ready to sell my computers, But I was able to fill the void with Railroad & Woodworking sites.:daydreaming:

Julie Denier
07-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Can't believe I went two whole days without visiting this site! But thankfully it came back up just in time to distract me at work :D ;)

Samantha Clark
07-22-2014, 11:27 AM
I also went through the trouble shooting and checked on downforeveryoneorjustme.com. When I discovered it wasn't me I panicked and suffered withdrawal symptoms. No, it was more like the 5 stages of loss and grief!

What a relief to have it back up. BTW I've been amused by the reference to ironing out the "kinks." Please don't iron out mine! :D

Leslie Langford
07-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Let's just say that when I tried to access this website again this morning and it actually popped up instead of the error messages that I had been getting since the weekend, my initial reaction was to utter an involuntary exclamation of "Thank God!" under my breath. This site had been down briefly from time to time in the past, but never this long. As time wore on, I became convinced that someone had actually pulled the plug for good this time, and I was already starting to go through the classic "5 Stages of Grief".

I hadn't really appreciated up until now just how big of a lifeline this forum had become for me, and I am so glad to see it back up and running again. For me, the universe continues to unfold as it should now.

I missed all you gals and the amazing support available here...missed it big time! :)

Ilsa
07-22-2014, 11:53 AM
If you are a techie crossdresser was it more frustrating for you that the site was down from the technical side or from the emotional side?

Personally, I was concerned that the site was permanently down either from a financial situation or some kind of FCC matter! :brolleyes:Crazy things run through your mind when a warm, familiar and friendly place such as this is suddenly taken from you. I'd hate to have to look for another site as nice as this one. But, then again those on this site would never let it go down permanently. There are some resourceful people on this site who would reinstate it and if it came down to a paid membership to keep it going I'd be more than happy to contribute.

Rachael Leigh
07-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Well when you cant get into CD .com sometimes you just have to be productive. :)

Ilsa
07-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Leigh,

Nicely done!

Is the picture what you would refer to as a selffeet?

Cheryl T
07-22-2014, 12:11 PM
I just blamed Bing and Google....lol.

Glad we're back up though

stephNE
07-22-2014, 12:14 PM
I too am very glad it is back up and running.
I was a little scared that maybe some hacker had gotten in and messed with things - I guess all the news about hackers, viruses, and terrorism has me worried.
I am so glad to see posts from all of you - I love all you and I am so grateful you are all here! Steph

Kari_B
07-22-2014, 12:27 PM
I thought I might have been banned, really glad to be back

Brianna_H
07-22-2014, 12:38 PM
LOL, at first I thought I'd been banned for some reason. But there are sites that can tell you if a website is down and that was a relief, though I was worried we'd never see this place again.

FWIW, I'd pay a subscription fee or donate to a tip jar to help keep the site afloat. This kind of site is not a money maker at all. Purely a labor of love, if I had to guess.

I used the time without the site to connect with my SO and explore my femme side all weekend. It was one of the best weekends of my life. I got a wig! Yay!

paulaprimo
07-22-2014, 12:39 PM
i thought the same thing as kari...thought i got banned!
suffered through the DT's and withdrawal, so i'm happy to be back :)

Sandra
07-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Don't know what exactly happened yet, Tamara may know more. You should think yourselves lucky though, the last time this happened the forum was offline for around a week :eek:

Glad you all missed the place we must be doing sommat right :D

Bria
07-22-2014, 12:50 PM
I was checking several times a day hoping each time that it was back online. I checked at about 7:00 AM this morning and it wasn't up then and I thought "Wow it must have crashed big if it is taking this long to get mit fixed, I was really glad when I checked at 10:00 and it was up.

I missed all of you!!

Hugs, Bria

Donnagirl
07-22-2014, 12:59 PM
I was almost going through withdrawal symptoms.... Interested to know what the problem was.

Just glad to be back.

Amanda L.
07-22-2014, 01:45 PM
What a terrible experience, not being able to get on the forum. I had a dreaded feeling of loneliness and was very sad to think that the friends made here could be lost forever. It made me realize how important this forum ha sbecome to me.
Will we ever know what happened? And how can this b eprevented from happening again?
You people are just too important
Amanda
X

Eryn
07-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Every website has outages now and then for various reasons. When outages occur it is a reminder not to put all your eggs in one rather fragile basket!

Glad to see that things are finally sorted out.

ronny0
07-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Don't know what exactly happened yet, Tamara may know more. You should think yourselves lucky though, the last time this happened the forum was offline for around a week :eek:

Glad you all missed the place we must be doing sommat right :D

IMO wouldn't it be nice if some one from support had a place to post site problems so others don't go overboard worrying about what is wrong?

Just a thought......

Facebook might be a place, but I can see that many would not want to friend a CD support person on Facebook, for fear of being outed.

And Yes, the site is doing a Lot of things Right!

Just a thought, NOT A COMPLAINT!

AndreaSC
07-22-2014, 07:39 PM
It was driving me CRAZY not being able to get on here!!! :(

Sometimes Steffi
07-22-2014, 09:54 PM
OK, I hate to admit it, but I was really bummed out. First few times, I figured the site was just down. Then I tried to access it with Chrome, rather than IE. I even went to the command prompt and ping it, It worked. I was really going through withdrawal.

I am so, so glad the site is up and running again. I was a trifle panicked--because I thought that possibly my wife had managed to find a way to block this site on our computer. Whew!

I knew my wife couldn't block it, but I also know that she knows people who could. I even tried my laptop, and it didn't work. I almost broke a cardinal rule today to access from work, because I knew my wife couldn't hack my work PC.

But, it's back up and I'm so happy. Thanks all.

Tina G
07-22-2014, 10:00 PM
I had thought that my account was either hacked or I had done something wrong and got banned. was really noticing how much this group means to me. glad to have things back now :)

Tina

MelanieAnne
07-22-2014, 10:05 PM
I couldn't get this site. I got every other site I went to. Concluded the site was down. I figured it would get fixed. Sometimes sites like this and other controversial sites get hacked and shut down for a few days. No idea what happened here. Carry on.

Cara Lacey
07-22-2014, 10:40 PM
I kept checking to see if the site would come back up, and it would never load more than 10%. So as long as I was sitting on the computer, I took the opportunity to do some shopping. Got some nice stuff! :-)

jaleecd
07-23-2014, 02:09 AM
Glad the site is back. A large sense of loss was experienced during the down time.
The alternitives out there just do not hold anything that I want to be associated with.

Rhonda Darling
07-23-2014, 04:36 AM
Went into mourning, thinking that I'd never again be able to contact any of you or know how your stories (lives) turned out. Whomever is responsible for keeping this site running day to day is deserving of a big round of applause. :clap2:

A big "welcome home" to all.

Rhonda

LelaK
07-25-2014, 12:29 AM
Looks like there aren't as many people here as they're usually had been. I suppose that happens every time the forum goes down. Do they ever find out what causes the forum to become inaccessible?

Miss Interpretation
07-25-2014, 12:56 AM
I just joined the forum not too long ago, and lo' and behold, not a week later the site went down. I was scared that I wouldn't get to come back, and I was just started to make some awesome friends. I'm VERY glad that the site is back up and running. This place truly is a unique and wonderful haven.

Jonithan
07-25-2014, 04:03 AM
Originally I thought it was a filter on the hotel's inner web web thingy that wouldn't allow me to view the site. The IT minions at work do the same thing. I figured I'd have to wait till after vacation to catch up with y'all.....
.....joni

CynthiaD
08-11-2014, 07:18 AM
Sometimes I feel like I ought to spend less time talking about dressing, and more time dressing. The outage was an opportunity to do that. I'm glad it's back though. I have a lot of time on my hands lately.