PDA

View Full Version : Where to go ?

Jamie M
01-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Well , it's nearly been a whole year since i gave up smoking and except for a couple of weeks last year i have been doing very well at it . So my reward is coming up soon i do believe. What reward is that i hear you ask . Well as a bonus kelly has said that if i made it we would look at letting julia out for the weekend at a hotel.

Now this would be my first trip out for literally years so i'm not sure who would be the more nervous . We obviuosly still have a few issues to work out before we do this but already we have run into a little problem , that of where do we go ?

Now we have talked about this and have come up with a few conditions . It must be fairly secluded . It can't be too far away in cae either or both of us get cold feet but at the same time far enough away that the chances of meeting someone we know are pretty slim . It must have a nice restruant attached so we don't have to go out . It has to have fun stuff to do for same reason and ideally they would be TG freindly .

whew , did i mention everything ? so my question is , does anyone have any experiences or suggestions that would help makes us both more at ease or even any recommendations for places to go .

Thanks everyone

uknowhoo
01-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Hello, Julia, and congratulations giving up the smokes. What a wonderful gift to give yourself (though damned hard). Being on the wrong side of the pond, I'm afraid I wouldn't have any ideas as far as places to go.

As far as suggestions, my first would be to take a step back and try not to get all up in your heads about it. I believe that your state of mind/attitude will be more important than whatever actual physical site you choose. Just go and enjoy, and if you're not enjoying it, stop and maybe change back to drab for a while. Whatever.

As far as where to go, I would think that a more urban setting might hold some advantages. While there are more people, there would be greater anonymity for you, more choices of places to go/see, and possibly better chance of finding a TG friendly environment.

Whatever you choose, just go with the flow and enjoy.

Hugs,

Tammi

blah21
01-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Hi Julia

Firstly congratulations on quitting smoking. That in itself is a huge success.
As for a weekend away I notice that you have stated that the hotel should be secluded but this in my experience is the wrong way to go.
I have found that you get noticed less and therefore can be yourself more at busy city hotels. My recent trips have included London, Reading and Manchester all of which have been very enjoyable with absolutely no problems. I have been treated with respect by the staff ( Its their job to treat you well ) and you also have the benefit of all the shops and restaurants nearby which are willing to bend over backwards for your business.
Depending on your budget a trip to Amsterdam will be one of the most enlightening experiences you can do En-femme.
Hope this helps and good luck with you're trip.

GypsyKaren
01-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi Julia

I don't know about your area, but the other girls seem to have offered some good advice. I just want to congratulate you on quitting smoking for so long, I wish I could do it myself. Hope you both have lots of fun!

GypsyKaren

Gale R
01-19-2006, 04:56 PM
A few girls here have mentioned that Bristol is quite a friendly place for girls like us to get out and about, not too far from you as well.
Perhaps someone will be able to recommend a hotel to you.:)

Hugs,Gale.

Brenda Elizabeth
01-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi Julia
So glad to hear that you have given up smoking, please keep it up.
There is a support group in Dorset called Cameo. They may be able to help you in finding a desirable venue or perhaps attending one of their events.
They reguarly meet near Poole. you can get in touch with them through their web site http://www.cameogroup.org.uk.
Hope this is of some assistance.

hugs
Brenda

Dragster
01-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Are there any golfing couples out there. I just had this though of having a golfing weekend en-femme with my wife. Excuse for a whole new outfit for the fairway, there's some cute little skirts and tops to go for, but you won't get far in stiletto heels! Might add a whole new meaning to bunker play!!!

Tony

delberta
01-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Do any of you know where in maine there are some spots for people like me to go out and find others who dress like i do? I know of one gay bar but not a cding bar. Any help would be great.

Jamie M
01-20-2006, 05:22 AM
thanks everyone for your support , it has been a hard year but surprisingly not as hard as i though it would be . I feel so much much better now that my body is not governed by the wicked weed .

gale , we had been thinking of bristol but weren't too sure as we know next to nothing about the city . we'll take a look to see what hotels are around, thanks.

brenda , thanks for the link ,i hadn't heard of them i definately will be checking them out for some local advice

tony , i love that idea just think what playing off the red tees would do for my handicap ;) somehow i don't think kelly would go for it unfortunately

if we do end up going somewhere i'll be sure to give you all a full report and pics :)