PDA

View Full Version : Nice to be able to reciprocate

rachellegsep
07-26-2014, 05:08 AM
I've always wanted a full length satin nightdress. I bought some material a while back and last night as my sons away I thought why not try and make one. I started cutting a pattern on newspaper from a shorter one and then asked my wife for advice before I started cutting the black satin. Btw my wife is a qualified clothing designer and previously supplied boutiques , before changing trade and starting her new unrelated business. Anyway long story short I learnt that satin has to be cut on the bias (weave runs diagonally ) to hang properly. She couldn't bear to watch me battle , so she ran it up in a jiffy.

This morning she was getting ready to go out to a charity lunch and she realised she had her left eyeliner & mascara at work. I was happy to oblige :love: She has also also borrowed bras, cammi's , slips, pantihose and yoga pants on occasion when the need arose.

It was nice for Rachel to be able to help out for a change :D . One of the few advantages being married to a cd, that and being able to ask for an honest opinion on new outfits and combinations. Btw the nightly feels and fits great

Marcelle
07-26-2014, 05:14 AM
Hi Rachelle,

What a lovely story and thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

Ashley Wray
07-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Sounds like you have a good thing going!

Tina G
08-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Very nice story, thank you for sharing with us.

Tina

Beverley Sims
08-13-2014, 02:50 PM
One of the great advantages of being married to a dress designer. :)

Teresa
08-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Rachelle,
I love stories like yours, thanks for that, It shows that CD can work and be harmonious.

Last time I used the sewing machine I forgot to take out the lower bobbin, my wife knew she hadn't used that coloured thread !!