PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Little Moments

Aloha_Dana
01-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Long and hard we try to bring our spouses around to be a part of us. My road has been long w/out much progress. But, the other day, I saw an opening to get my foot in the door, again. Here is what happened...

She went shopping to look for a tie for me and sent me this e-mail afterward,
"So I went to buy you a tie….
And walked out with a new skirt (for $2.50!!!) and a top for myself…. "

I replied with,
"Is the skirt for you too???"

All afternoon I was at the edge of my seat waiting for a reply. None came.

When she got home, the first thing she said to me was, 'you can wear the skirt'.

A huge grin shot across my face forcing back the shock of what I just heard. It was the cutest thing she has ever said. I couldn't belive it.

Small steps and time...

Dana

BTW, it is a pleated, knee length, lined kinda nice skirt. And yes, it fits!

Julia Cross
01-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Awesome, so happy for you. It is those little moments that are so precious.

Julia

GypsyKaren
01-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi Dana

Small steps are good steps, they'll still get you there. Sounds like you have a pretty cool wife, and that's a pretty cool place to be.

GypsyKaren

DanaJ
01-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey! Good to see you posting again! And great story too, I'm happy for you :)

Aloha_Dana
01-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks Julia and GypsyKaren. It's not all roses in our house, but at least she has an open mind.

Sister Dana, you're looking great! Thanks girl.

Dana

Sarahgurl371
01-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Isn't amazing how such a little gesture on thier part can make us feel absolutely great. Its called acknowledgement of who I am, and its a basic human need.

Billijo49504
01-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Good for you Dana. If both of you are the same size, why not offer to share the skirt? It would be a nice thing to do. So as the others said go in small steps, and don't do what I did. I poked a hole in one of my wifes nice lace bras. OOOPS!!! That was easy to fix, I bought her 2 new ones.:bs:

dani_grl03
01-20-2006, 03:16 AM
Good for you. Isnt it great to get those little acknowlegments. My wife has made leaps and bounds latley. We were having a fun sparing conversation the other day and she called me a b*tch. Call me crazy, but I loved it!
Now you get to buy her something, and then you never know, you both might start something fun.

RachelDenise
01-20-2006, 05:53 AM
It's a nice step but go slow. 1 comment doesn't open the floodgates! BTW, it was a really cool thing to say!

DonnaT
01-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Nice Dana.

If she's not into sharing, you might want to run out and get her a new skirt too. Heck you might even if she is into sharing, then you share it as well.

Billijo49504
01-20-2006, 04:18 PM
To expand on Donna's idea, offer to go shopping together. Let her help pick out a few things for you, but be sure that see get more than you get. Oh, and you pick up the tab. And a nice dinner wouldn't be a bad idea too. Have fun...BJ

Laurie Ann
01-20-2006, 05:40 PM
The trip of a thousand miles begins with the first step. Little steps or big steps still gets you to your destination.

Lilith Moon
01-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Good work Dana,

I recently did a deal with my reluctant SO..we would go shopping and, for every femme item I bought, she would have something of equal or greater value. This bribery worked great and, for the first time, she actually seemed to see something positive about crossdressing. Heavy on the purse, but good for the soul ;)

Aloha_Dana
01-23-2006, 01:49 PM
To all of you, thank you for your words and suggestions.

It is slow going as I have been at this for some time. We've talked. She's read books and asked me questions. She is just not into it. She might joke about it infrequently (but not enough in my mind). She let's me keeps stuff in my drawers and closet, but she doesn't ever want to see me that way. Her feelings are that she has an image of me (a very strong male image) and she doesn't want it to change. OK. I can honor that.

RE sharing of clothes, no way. I bought a very nice Italian lace bra (for me) that didn't fit quite right. So I offered it to her. She wouldn't touch it.

I really think she has come as far as she will. Maybe in a few or several more years she will have a change of heart, but for now I cannot expect more (though each day I hope there will be more). Personally I'm just stoked to have lots of pretty things in my drawer.

Aloha,
Dana

pattied
01-23-2006, 02:08 PM
I had a similar experience during the holidays...

My wife and I were out shopping on our Christmas Gift Cards at Old Navy when she picked out a skirt (for her) and asked my thoughts on it... I told that I really liked it but didn't have anything to wear with it. She smiled and went on shopping. She did buy it, and once at home she commented that I could wear it from time to time too!

Isn't it wonderful when things like that work out for us!!!