PDA

View Full Version : Cute Restroom Story

Marcelle
07-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Now before people's imaginations run wild . . . It is not that kind of story :heehee: However it is a cute story about the ingenuity of a young man who worked at the restaurant I was at today.

I have been nursing a few injuries since my return and decided that I would have a light Isha day and agreed to meet a GG friend for lunch. I let her choose the venue and met her there. All was going well, good food, good conversation and no pitchforks from the other clients. Halfway through the meal, the call of nature came and I went into the restaurant from the patio to look for the restrooms. I did not see them in the actual restaurant so I asked the young man at the bar where the restrooms were. He indicated that the restrooms were not in the restaurant but in the main building (the restaurant was in a larger building with other stores and restaurants) and I would find them out the door to the left and down the hall. I thanked him and then he said "Umm . . . miss, you will need a key though". To which I returned to the bar for the key. Now I could tell by the way he was looking only one thing came to his mind "which key do I give" :confused: So after a bit of hesitation and what I am sure was a mind numbing battle of "if I give the wrong key, this could go bad" he a strategic approach and gingerly held out both keys for me to choose from (blue tag for boys and red tag for girls). :battingeyelashes:

Not a big story but I thought that was the cutest thing I have seen since being out in public. So I thought I would share.

Hugs

Isha

CynthiaD
07-30-2014, 02:22 PM
So, did you take both keys? :)

AprilMayy<3
07-30-2014, 02:31 PM
That's funny!! At least he didn't make a big stink about giving you then Blue key! Choices are great haha.

Teresa
07-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Isha you only get stories like this when you're out and about, so thanks sharing it with us !
Dare I ask if he tried to slip you a third key, now that might have wrong footed Isha !!! Can't believe even you would be stuck for words !!

Jorja
07-30-2014, 02:47 PM
I would have said, "What, no purple key?" When you mix blue and red, it makes purple.;)

Suzanne F
07-30-2014, 02:49 PM
You are right, cute! I hope you are mending well. I was looking forward to your return. You were missed!
Hugs
Suzanne

Katey888
07-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Sooooooo....!?!?!

Blue or red.... BLUE OR RED..?????

(This is driving me nuts!:Pullhair:)

:)

Katey x

(And yes - you Canadians are cute too... :D)

Martha G
07-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Cute story!

Hope your injuries are doing better.

Well, which key did you take?

Have a great day.

Hugs!

Shelly Preston
07-30-2014, 03:46 PM
At least you have a choice

I would imagine you chose red like your avatar

Donnagirl
07-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Great to see you out and about again Isha, although you have just alerted me to the restroom dilema I'll face in a few weeks. Can't see me being as calm and collected as you!

Tina G
07-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Great read, thank you for sharing your story.

Tina

Rachael Leigh
07-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Ok Isha is this like a cliff hanger we have to wait till next weeks episode. You didn't say which key you chose.
Once again though you have a great way of telling us your adventures

Andy66
07-30-2014, 05:30 PM
What a clever young man. Thanks for sharing. :)

Julie Denier
07-30-2014, 06:01 PM
The young man showed a lot of class and discretion. Great story! ;)

Christen
07-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks Isha! I think that young man has a great future in Hospitality, at least!

Christen x

RenneB
07-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Okay.... me too want to know.... which key was it?

A lot better than my story when I headed to the ladies restroom a voice came from the very large bouncer..... "you can't go in there"..... I'm still recuperating.....

Renne.....

Kevyn53
07-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Kind of a Matrix moment there. One, you stay as you are, the other, you're down the rabbit hole.

BLUE ORCHID
07-30-2014, 08:54 PM
Hi Isha, It's a good thing that you are not color blind.

Betty Jean Blose
07-30-2014, 09:24 PM
Most often the Ladies' accommodates more than one patron at a time, so a key is not usually required. However, in the interest of those new to the etiquette of the female washroom, here are a few tips: do be prepared for some conversation, often whether or not a man is going to be 'lucky' later will be determined in the restroom, even if that discussion is with a stranger....do always carry a spare tampon in your purse and offer it if needed.....never..never...look under the cubicle to see if it is busy, knock on the door if unsure.....the few times I have 'read' someone in the restroom, I have found it amusing at their nervousness......and I have engaged them in conversation to try and put them to ease.....

Rhonda Darling
07-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Kevyn beat me to it. Only she neglected to call you Neo.

Isha, you should've said, which one is for boys . . . . . Then taken the other one. The poor chaps head would've exploded.

Rhonda

nvlady
07-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Don't take either key, just sneak around back and do it behind the dumpster.

Pat
07-30-2014, 10:42 PM
It seems like if they're the kind of restroom that needs a key, it doesn't matter which you take. :confused::confused:

Beverley Sims
07-30-2014, 10:51 PM
Well if you puzzle him what do you expect?
Yep! Good one Isha.

stephNE
07-31-2014, 06:19 AM
Actually I think that showed a little sensitivity on his part.
Are we becoming more accepted???? (I hope, but probably not).

Krisi
07-31-2014, 07:10 AM
He did the smart thing.

Not having restrooms in the actual restaurant seems strange. Patrons could easily ask for the restroom key and then walk out without paying for their meals.

It also seems that if the restrooms required a key, there would be no need to designate one for men and one for women. Just hand out a key to whoever asks for it.

Marcelle
07-31-2014, 11:46 AM
Sooooooo....!?!?!

[QUOTE=Katey888;3564693]Sooooooo....!?!?!

Blue or red.... BLUE OR RED..?????

Okay to bottle the genie . . . Isha took the . . . drumroll . . . "red" key :battingeyelashes:

Not having restrooms in the actual restaurant seems strange . . . It also seems that if the restrooms required a key, there would be no need to designate one for men and one for women. Just hand out a key to whoever asks for it.

Hi Krisi. The restaurant shares a building with several other smaller restaurants in a building which is quite old. So, they all share the same bathroom facilities. I am guessing the key thing is so people who are not patrons of one of the restaurants don't wander in and use the facilities. The bathroom is full sized and anyone with a key can enter, so when I went in there were already three ladies present and two more came in when I was leaving. Yes it seems strange but I guess it works for them.

Hugs

Isha

samantha rogers
07-31-2014, 12:53 PM
Great story, Isha! And what a sweet young man. I hope the injuries are feeling somewhat better.
Hugs
Sammie